Sorry, The Light Has Been Extinguished

by acm

I’m sorry,
But the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily snuffed out.
If you’re looking for a new hope, you can choose a different route.

We’ve gotten the best electricians
Yeah, they got lost in the dark,
Striking matches, lighting lanterns--
And not a single spark.

Are you so stubborn?
I told you, the light is gone.
You’re looking for a sunrise,
A bright new dawn!
Is hope and sunlight near?

Nope. Not here.
You can try to walk it
We won’t connect a train--
You know, the dark could drive you insane
We might never see you again…
Because I tell, you that tunnel has no light
No hope and sunshine
No end in sight.

So I ask you,
Will you take a chance 
If you don’t see the light,
Do you dare advance?
Against the armies of dark,
Misery and despair,
Will you do it?
Will you walk?
Do you dare tread there?

A/N: I've been trying out new kinds of writing, and this poem is a bit out of my style, so reviews would be really helpful!

Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:11 am
Remington38 wrote a review...

Hello Remington38 here for a reveiw,

This poem was absolutely amazing. I read one of your poems and could help myself to look at the long list of others you have published. I pressed like until I got here and I wish I could press love. I absolutely adored this because the idea is genius and written out so well. My favorite part is with the lost electricians. You jump from fun to deeper meaning and back to fun which I find interesting. This was such a unique idea with the light at the tunnel being extinguished and just overall I loved this. Thank you for writing this and I am excited to read more now.

acm says...

Thank you for your review!

gammagamerale wrote a review...

i love it .i love everysingle word it is amazing poem.how it talks about the worst in front.how you put in the electrician in the poem making it more real.the grammer is proper and there is no spelling mistakes.the warning of no light no matter what u do.showing the hardship that person will face if he does not listen.or she. you really did good on this poem so keep it up

Wed May 04, 2016 2:43 am
lyssiekins wrote a review...

This is an interesting style, something like what I would write.
I love the conversational style. It seems eerie. Who is the voice? Its like a disembodied spirit floating and warning the walker. It might even be their own voice, since this seems to be a metaphor for depression. I don't totally understand the use of the exclamation point after A bright new dawn. It seems weird that the voice would suddenly exclaim this. I'm imagining an argumentative tone, but the exclamation point makes it seem almost cheerful.
The beginning of the fourth stanza is perfect. Nope. Not here.The flow is great. There is a mistake in the middle: Because I tell, you that tunnel has no light
I'm thinking the comma should be after "you"
Also I think "No hope and sunshine, No end in sight." Should read: "No hope, no sunshine, no end in sight. It makes it seem slightly more dramatic and I feel it flows better.
Thanks for an awesome poem!

acm says...

Thank you for the review! I'll fix those.

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief