Roses Are Red

by WinnyWriter

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

And so is the sky,

And so are your eyes.

-

Your favorite color

Is like grass in the spring -

A heart-thrilling green,

So alive, so serene.

-

Wherever I look,

Right or left, up or down,

I'm reminded of you

And of love that is true.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:38 pm
EverLight wrote a review...

EverLight here with a review. This review is not intended to offend or hurt you or make your novel or poem seem bad, but be warned- you may feel offended anyway
First Impression
This was cute. Although using 'Roses are red and violets are blue' as a first line kind of threw me off. After all that is such a cliched line now days...but the rest of your poem worked beautifully.

Nitpicks
You did have one nitpick in this line-

I'm reminded of you

And of love that is true.

You missed a comma by the word you. And, this is optional but I think that last line would sound better if you removed the word of-let me show you-

I'm reminded of you
And love that is true

Other then those errors this was great. Keep it up!
EverLight Out

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:43 pm
EmileeBrightman wrote a review...

Hello! Em dropping in to give you a quick review.

This is a beautiful and cute version of the original poem. I was always one when I was younger to try to memorize different funny versions of the poem to tell to my friends, and even tried to make up some myself. However, I've grown to like the more realistic versions of the poem, such as this one. I really enjoyed reading this, and I hope that you continue to write more.
Don't ever give up on your dreams! Keep up the great work, and Em out! :)

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:33 pm
dahlia58 says...

This is cute! A really sweet variation of the original poem~ The rhyming structure is pretty interesting too.

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)