You Still Glow

by WinnyWriter

You still glow -
I don't care what they say;
You still shine
And brighten up my day,
'Cause what you've been through
Can't take your glow away;
You're still loved - 
You're not defined
By the pain that breaks
Your heart and mind,
So I want you to know,
You still glow. 

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:48 pm
MadilynReads wrote a review...

Awwww! This is such an awesome poem! Personally I can’t write poems to save my life but then there are poems like yours! Enough exclamation marks. I really like that idea of peoples “glow” and it is very true. I especially like when you said:
“You’re not defined
By the pain that breaks
Your heart and mind.”
Your poem has a really nice flow to it and good unforced feeling writing. Looking forward to more poetry like this!

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:40 pm
NastyMajesty wrote a review...

Hewwo @WinnyWriter! @NastyMajesty poppin' in here for a quick review! ^-^ nice to see ya! Okay... wow... just wow! This is so heartwarming, I absolutely love it! The way that you rhyme all these words makes the poem flow so effortlessly. It has an amazing rhythm and it just sends a magnificent message. No matter what someone has been through it's just a great thing to let them know that they're still loved and this poem depicts that in such a beautiful way. This poem is absolutely amazing, keep up the great work! I loved reading this. Keep writing! Best wishes
-NastyMajesty (:

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.
— Henry David Thoreau