Just Like The World

by WindSailor

Verse 1:

Just like the world we hate
And refuse the change
We fight and we won't let go
Of our "prideful show".

Pre - Chorus: ...

We sit and we watch
How long will it take
Until we start the needed change
We need to take some action now
And it raise it loud (2x)

Chorus 1:

Correct me if I'm wrong
But I seem to see
A lot of in church hypocrisy
We fight against ourselves
For no good reason
We're all committing stupid treason
Why don't we get back to the gospel message
One of hope and the kingdom heaven
What are we doing!?

Verse 2:

Just like the world we lie
And put up our facade
So the world we live in thinks
That we're one with God

Back to Pre - Chorus:

Chorus 2:

We live for our own selfish gain
Playing life like it's just a game
We say we follow Christ and if we do
Then we will share His love and His truth
We need to wake up, get serious, and start to really care
Because there are people who need to be reached out there
There is one thing in Heaven that we can't do
That's to share His love and His truth

Bridge:

Just like the world
We are falling apart
Oh God I pray
That today marks a change
And we fulfill your mission
The great commission (End with Pre- Chorus slowly )

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:12 am
Cailey wrote a review...

hey there! Happy review day!

I love the theme of this piece. I know, as a believer in Christ, that I often look at the church in the US and wonder what is happening and where we have gone wrong. It seems like there is a lot of hypocrisy (like you said) and it is so frustrating. I love seeing people write about it- just knowing that other people notice and care, too, and every writing is a step forward. If one person decides to make a change then a change will be made, no matter how small.

That being said- bonus points for the truth behind your message. I think you did a great job at presenting your point and your arguments and your stance on the whole issue. It's very clear what you're trying to say here, and I think that's a really good thing, since while complicated poetry and lyrics are often good- it can also be really frustrating when I have to read the poem twenty times just to figure out what it's saying.

My advice is to make sure you stay away from clichés. Religious writing can often become just another one of those Christian poems. I don't think this is one of those, but if you add even more of your voice then I think it can stand out even more. For example, everything you write is pretty general. What about maybe adding one or two specific examples? I think that would help a lot.

I hope this helps, again, I like this poem. Let me know if you need anything, and keep writing!! We need more Christian voices! :)

-Knight Cailey

Hsarver says...

Thanks for the review! Thanks for the compliments on my work, and for the piece of advice. I agree with your last statement! :)

Cailey says...

You're welcome! I hope this was helpful!!

Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:10 am
Nook wrote a review...

Hi, aqua here to give a short insightful review!

We really need to write more things like this. It feels like I haven't read something so honest in a long while. Personally, I do like it a lot. It sends out a good message to everyone too.

I have to admit, I am a bit spiffy with the rhyming. It's like, yes it's a song, having a rock/rap feel as you said below, but... I seriously can't feel the beat, haha. Maybe it's just my unimaginative mind? I hope not.

Another thing you could do is sort of make the contents in the verses more similar to the ones before to let the song flow more. It feels just a TINY bit detached sometimes.

Well that's it! Keep writing on things like this in the future!

Hsarver says...

Thanks for the review! The rhyming is hard to see unless you know how the song goes, so I can understand that. Thanks for the suggestion about the verses, I might look into changing them a bit.

Messenger wrote a review...

Knight Malachi here to review for the Knights of the Green Room.
So this is a truthful message. Thankfully in my church I do not see this, but I know there are churches that really aren't fulfilling their mission.
So, your rhyming was a bit strange to me. It seemed like free verse with a few random times where the lines happened to rhyme. I don't think that was your plan though, so I'm probably just reading it wrong. It is a tiny bit long, but since it's a song that is totally fine.
Keep it up!

Hsarver says...

It is a fast song that is why it is long, and the rhyming may be a little weird because it is suppose to be a rock/rap feel. Thanks for the review!

Never use your shield as a dinner plate, for that is when the enemy is most likely to attack.
— The KotGR Commander