Lost Magic. Chapter 5

by dogsrule5

Sarah and I wish that Katie didn't die. Things are so much more fun with her. But at least I still got Sarah. I can't believe Katie died from the evil witch. Here's the story. She wanted to kill me, but she killed Katie mistaking me. So I decided to kill her since she killed my best friend. So I decided to get revenge, and that is exactly what I did. I can't believe the witch killed Katie instead of me. The witch was really ugly. She had green skin and a very ugly heart. She was mean. She wore a dark purple dress that went to her feet. She also wore a black cape that went over her dress. She wore a black hat which had a dark purple stripe at the top. Her outfit looked pretty, but just not with green skin and it didn't look good on her either.

***

We were looking for some nuts and berries to eat. We couldn't find anything. We decided to go to the forest. The forest was filled with lots of trees. It also had a lot of fallen down trees which we called logs that we could walk across the rivers. We got some fresh water from the river and started off again looking for a new camp and so nuts and berries to eat.

***

We finally found food. We found little blackberries. We ate a lot and went back into our camp which was in the back of the forest. We decided that tomorrow we would go out of the back of the forest and see what was there.

***

The next day we went behind the forest and back in the back of the forest was the exit of the forest. It lead straight to the fantasy land desert. We went into the desert thinking we could find some more creatures. We did. In fact we just now realized that Sari was missing. She was in the desert with another creature. Sari was with a lizard. The lizard was having a great time with Sari. We decided to name the lizard Arianna. Arianna decided to stay in the desert where she lived. I told her that we would be back tomorrow. We are allowed to talk to animals and creatures in fantasy land. Its really cool.

"Bye Arianna." I said. "We will come back tomorrow to see you tomorrow."

"Okay." Arianna said. "See you then."

***

The next day we went to see Arianna, but she wasn't where we found her yesterday. We didn't know where Arianna was but we would find her tomorrow because it was getting really late.

puppys3117 wrote a review...

hola, once again doggy. lets start of with nitpicks:

We didn't know where Arianna was but we would find her tomorrow because it was getting really late.

first of all, this wasn't the best ending you could've used. and sure, this sentence isn't a run-on, but its just too much for this part of the story. you could add some commas, or split up the sentence so it sounds better. let me give you a hand with options:
'We didn't know where Arianna was, but we would find her tomorrow. Since it was getting so late, we headed off to bed, dreaming about finding Arianna.' (I like this one better :3)
OR
'We didn't know where Arianna was. We would find her tomorrow, because it was getting really late.'

Things are so much more fun with her.

'are' needs to be 'were', since Katie is dead know, and Mia is looking back.

Here's the story.

the period should be a colon

Her outfit looked pretty, but just not with green skin and it didn't look good on her either.

try something like this instead: 'Her clothes looked nice, but her disgusting green skin ruined the whole outfit. Besides, it didn't look good on that stupid witch.'

It also had a lot of fallen down trees which we called logs that we could walk across the rivers.

fallen trees are already called logs (most of the time) so they aren't the only ones who call broken down trees logs. and this part threw me off: 'It also had a lot of fallen down trees...'
it should be 'broken down' or 'torn down'. also, for the ending of the sentence, try this:
'... which we called logs. We liked to use them to cross rivers, so no one has to get wet.'

ok that's all I found that wasn't listed already. u are getting better with detail and describing words. yay for you :3 I just wish that the chapters were longer, ya know? got some writers block there, doggy? alright I better be running off.

continue with your writing journey across time! (ok maybe not so much like that :P)
~puppys3117~

CesareBorgia wrote a review...

Hello, CesareBorgia here for a review,

This was a quick read, and I like that. But their are some qualms about it. I can tell you are a new writer, because an older writer wouldn't write like this. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying.

The first three sentences start with "we", and theres nothing wrong with it, if you know how to make it better. I've done it before, but not in this way.

I'm sorry this was a short review, but that was the only error, good job!

CesareBorgia,
signing out.

dogsrule5 says...

Thank you. I will see what I can do.

puppys3117 says...

@CesareBorgia that wasn't the only mistake. I found a one that everyone missed.

Wed May 14, 2014 1:09 am
WillowPaw1 wrote a review...

Hey again! WillowPaw1 here to review!

I have to agree with Raven on this: you have just improved so much for chapter for to this chapter. The descriptions were much longer and more detailed and had the information is readers wanted.

You also had very little errors and nitpicks. You repeated words a lot, but capitalization seems pretty good, and so do commas.
There is a sentence that bothered me in the beginning:

But at least I still got Sarah.

"Got" just doesn't sound right. Maybe it's kind of slang-ish? I suggest using the word "have" instead. To me, it just sounds better.

I think I mentioned this before, but I really think you should take away all the asterisks (the little star things, **) because technically in a story you only use them to tell the reader, "This is a different time in the story now."

For example:

Mary walked home from school that night, did homework, blah blah, and started listening to music.

*** <--- Note the asterisks

"This is good food, Mom," Mary said at dinner.

See how they only break parts of time, not paragraphs?

Raven mentioned this, too, but I'm going to word it differently. You use lots of pronouns, and not many actual names. Pronouns = We, I, she, he, etc. I also recommend varying your sentences, or in other words, changing the beginning.
For example:
"Kate walked quickly to the store"
can be converted to
"Quickly, Kate walked to the store"
See the difference?

Overall, this chapter shows a huge improvement.
Great job, keep writing!

WillowPaw1~

dogsrule5 says...

Sorry about the got thing. I didn't even relize I put that until you mentioned it. I was thinking clearly.. Haha! :D

WillowPaw1 says...

It's okay. ;)

dogsrule5 says...

Thank you

Evander wrote a review...

Hi,

Raven here for a review.

You are getting better at descriptions I must give you that. But you are still telling some parts.
You said that your MC got revenge, but you didn't describe the revenge. I was really looking forward to that part.

In your first version you used 'she' and 'wore' a lot. This my version looks a bit better.

The witch was wearing a dark purple dress that went to her feet, a black cape that went over her dress, and she wore a black hat which had a dark purple stripe at the top. Her outfit looked pretty, but just not with green skin and it didn't look good on her either.

In your second paragraph you used 'we' six times, and the reader doesn't even know who 'we' is. But I am assuming that it is Sarah and Mia.
In your third paragraph you used 'we' five times.

You said your MC found black berries, maybe tell the reader how good it felt to finally eat something.

In your only bit of dialogue you use 'said' twice, I would not recommend using the word 'said' at all. But if you are going to use it, don't use it twice in a row.

Raven,

dogsrule5 says...

Thanks for the review. I am sorry about all my we's. The we are Sarah and Mia. I am sorry about all the stuff I messed up on. I thought it was good, but I guess it ins't that good at all. Talk to you later.

Evander says...

It is good! You are getting better! You are better than a lot of writers I know.

dogsrule5 says...

Oh... Well thank you. But I still thank lots of others are better than me. But I am proud of my books! :D

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken