z

Young Writers Society



Hollow

by TimmyJake


Devoid of feeling,

Seeing only black and white.

A hollow being.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 176
Reviews: 18

Donate
Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:15 pm
View Likes
Curiosity227 wrote a review...



Interesting piece. Seriously. Its nice.

Devoid of feeling,

Nice beginning. Its strong, urging the reader to move on.

Seeing only black and white.

Here, it gets a little tangled. This might not be true to others, but when you put the last two sentences in, it almost doesn't fit in with the first.

Sorry, but that may not be true. Its an opinion. NO fact.
A hallow being.

That one line makes this poem glow.
But I have to say, the line:

Seeing only black and white.

This one line is lovely. It really shows detail, but sadness, even though its not sad. That is what make's you an wonderful, amazing and fantastic writer.

I don't think I would ever be able to write this good.

Ignore the people in the world that don't like this.

I think its the best of the best. Trust me.

Keep up this amazing work. A lovely story like this should be shared to the whole world.

Farwell, TimmyJake!
I would like you to review my poem, called Tears of Rainbows.
(I think I may like your help!!)

Once again, amazing. Totally.

Farwell again,
Curioity227. *Clap, Clap, Clap*




TimmyJake says...


Thank you for all of these lovely reviews, Curio. <3 They're wonderful, and help me a lot, as well as encouraging me to write more poetry. xD

Your poem? Link meeeee



User avatar
155 Reviews


Points: 398
Reviews: 155

Donate
Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:24 pm
View Likes
fallenoutofgrace wrote a review...



This is really good. Usually with haiku's its about natures like cherry blossoms or refrigerators. I like how you mixed it up and did a complete unique outlook. and no worries you did the haiku accurately nothing to changed. I also really liked your word choice such as devoid and your last line " A hollow being." Really hit home.




timmyjake says...


Thank you. <3



User avatar
1634 Reviews


Points: 67548
Reviews: 1634

Donate
Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:04 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...



<3 This is a great haiku! Not a thing to change :)




timmyjake says...


thank you for this wonderful assessment. hehe



User avatar
433 Reviews


Points: 13351
Reviews: 433

Donate
Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:09 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend wrote a review...



Hello! *waves*
This was a truly fine poem, and I can find nothing to criticize. (kinda hard in seventeen syllables). So rather I will say what I particularly liked.
-I liked the black and white thing; although the language wasn't particularly fancy here, it gives the reader the sense that this person isn't missing anything, but sees it from a duller perspective.
Devoid. This an awesome word in any poem, not only because the phonetics are nice, but because it is so rarely used. Then it works particularly well here as the words "void" and "hollow" conjure different but similar meanings.
Very well done here, a nice poem.
Take That You Fiend!




timmyjake says...


thanks for your review!



User avatar
40 Reviews


Points: 1036
Reviews: 40

Donate
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:57 pm
View Likes
CamorynAnn wrote a review...



Hello there, timmyjake,

I loved this poem! As worried as you were that it was improperly done, I couldn't find a problem with it. Actually, I could barely find enough to really write a review it was so good. You used the correct format for a haiku (5-7-5) and it flowed very very nicely, something that is difficult for a lot of people. I loved the topic you chose and it fit perfectly into the piece. The punctuation was also correct, which is usually a downfall for many poets. Very nice job. My only real nitpick for this piece would have to be your capitalization error in the last line. You capitalized "being" but I don't think you should have. My favorite line was the first one "Devoid of feeling," because that is often how I feel. You perfectly captured the feeling of a deep depression.

Nice work, keep writing,
--Cam




timmyjake says...


Thanks for your review!



User avatar
285 Reviews


Points: 237
Reviews: 285

Donate
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:17 pm
View Likes
GreenTulip wrote a review...



Well I don't know to much about Haiku's///wait what I am I saying...I know nothing about them. But I am here to give you a review on the lovely words you shared. :) I loved this poem. It holds a emotional punch that made me think. What makes someone a hollow being, devoid of all feeling? It is a question that everyone could have a different answer too. I love the second line.

Seeing only black and white.

This line is wonderful! It can show a lot of things with a person- like they can't see color which could be the right thing to do or something that is emotional.

Great Write Timmy.




timmyjake says...


Thanks for the review! Much appreciated! :D



User avatar
99 Reviews


Points: 13
Reviews: 99

Donate
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 pm
View Likes
smile says...



*AMAZING* definitely will be on the top of the spotlight :)




timmyjake says...


Thanks, Smile. :)




“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly