z

Young Writers Society



Without You

by WindSailor


I am strong in my weakness, I am the light to the dark. I am yours O Jesus, make me who you are. I can see it clearly my eyes have been opened. O Jesus lead me before this life is broken. 

Verse 2: 

I am saved and forgiven, my sins have been covered. By the power of Jesus, and the grace of the Father. I am amazed at your love, and how it goes on forever. Oh Jesus you reign in glorious splendor. 

Chorus: 

Without you I am nothing, I am just words without meaning. Without you I am dependent on my feelings. Without you I am nothing, my words have no power. But with you O Jesus I found my strong tower.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
254 Reviews


Points: 11196
Reviews: 254

Donate
Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:14 am
Sonder wrote a review...



Wow, love this. Great to know more Christians are out there! Good future reference, now I feel better about putting some of my own stuff like this out there...
I love how meaningful these words are, I especially enjoyed the line;

"Without you I am nothing, I am just words without meaning."

Totally agree! Though I do agree with others on those pesky line breaks as well...
This is great. Continue sharing your faith!

Continue writing and being awesome!

~GC




Random avatar

Points: 660
Reviews: 30

Donate
Thu May 02, 2013 6:48 pm
tragicHearts wrote a review...



Hello always nice to meet other Christians

Next time for song try to use line breaks instead of a paragraph. It is just more pleasing to the eye when reading lyrics. Other then that I found it very positive and uplifting. Would do great in a church service and any other kind of group gathering.

Keep writing and above all have fun doing it.




Hsarver says...


Thanks, I will use line breaks next time.



User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 384
Reviews: 11

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:24 pm
Dakushau says...



This is great. I love it. I have to agree with niteowl in that it might be better with line breaks. Other than that I think it was great.




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:46 am
niteowl wrote a review...



Hi Hsarver and welcome to YWS! I am no longer a Christian, but I've been to many a church service and this sounds like it could definitely fit in. It has a singable rhythm, which is good. It doesn't seem terribly original to me, but that's probably okay for this genre.

I just have a couple small nitpicks.

1) Why do you have it written out in paragraph form? Sometimes the submitter does that, but here it looks deliberate. Typically, I'd write a song with line breaks. For example.

Without you I am nothing,
I am just words without meaning.
Without you I am dependent on my feelings.

Without you I am nothing,
my words have no power.
But with you O Jesus
I found my strong tower.


That quote segues into my second point: The "I am dependent on my feelings" is long and breaks the rhythm. Maybe "Without you I depend on feelings".

I really liked "I am just words without meaning". It's clever and probably the most inventive line in the whole song.

I am the light to the dark.


This line seemed off. I thought Jesus was the light? So now the speaker is Jesus? Sounds a little arrogant. Perhaps "I have the light in the dark" would work better.

Overall, this is pretty well-written, just a couple small changes would be good. Good job and keep writing! :)




ongoeslife says...


"Zack is cold, has a sore throat and eyes from the oxygen blowing at him for over 30 hours straight and says he never wants to be in the hospital again. :-) However, his cardiologist cleared his heart following last nights echocardiogram. No connective tissue disorder. Chest X-ray has already been done for the day, and we are praying that it will show the hole in his lung getting smaller."

Jesus did call His disciples the light. Matthew 5:14-16. "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Just wanted to point that out. =) Though, I do kinda like what you suggested.



ongoeslife says...


Um.... Ignore the first paragraph (about Zack). My computer did something funky with that...



Hsarver says...


Thanks for the suggestion, I might change that line.



User avatar
72 Reviews


Points: 2047
Reviews: 72

Donate
Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 am
View Likes
GrapeNerd says...



Nice! Are you a Christian? Because if you are, well, I am too! I really like this because it is quite accurate. Seriously, I really really really like this! I hope you keep on writing stuff like this!




Hsarver says...


Yes, I am a Christian, and thanks I am glad you like it. I have written quite a few songs. I will most likely post the rest later.




Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson