z

Young Writers Society

The Search for the Golden Goose (Tagbook)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:20 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

The episode in which the YWSers reach Snoink's Home, Make a plan to sew a net, and briefly see the goose fly overhead toward the Green Room

As @Elinor's uber squealed to a halt, the YWsers poured out to get a closer look at @Snoink's home. Notably right beside the front door was a little pen with five little pigs that were being fed a steady supply of reviews -

"Are you all here for #WIPWednesday?" @Snoink asked coming out of her house to greet the group, not looking too surprised to see the growing group of YWSers at her front door... she was used to YWS shenanigans.

"Well not exactly - but we were hoping you and your fellow stitch-craft friends might be able to help us put together a net to catch the Golden Goose!" Alliyah explained.

@Lael and @Spearmint held up the pattern they had been working on while @Plume took out a tape measure and held it up to a few golden feathers that @Rinisha, @Quillfeather, @Rose had found earlier.

"Hmm... the only problems are 1) what material can hold a golden goose and 2) how big is a golden goose exactly...." @EternalRain added in some observations.

"Shouldn't it be something... sparkly?" @LadySpark offered.

"Well absolutely - no Golden Goose would want to clash or dull their feathers with something bland - I'd say sparkly material it is for the net!" @Snoink answered

@Shady got out their ~ Science Book ~ again to read from the goos section, "if the feathers we're finding are full-length, I think we can assume a fully-grown goose, in which case the net should be larger than a loaf of bread, but no larger than an elephant."

The stitchcraft club agreed to get to work on the net at once, as soon as they could find some appropriately sparkly material, which @LadySpark, @FireEyes, and @SilverNight were going to work on procuring.

@Ari11, @Stringbean, @WinnyWriter, @winterwolf0100 @Horisun @Hkumar and @PaigeFantasy were taking down notes furiously while @alpacaboss @Omni @Mageheart @DreamyAlice @Hijinks @looseleaf @starshipgirl and @momonster were starting to glance around Snoink's property, curious about what was there.

"Hey, is that by chance a Camp NaNo Campsite set up in your backyard Snoink?" @Carlito asked eagerly noticing the pile of notes and tent stakes.

"Oh! Yes!... Camp NaNo is coming up!" She passed out a poster @RandomTalks had put together, "Which reminds me, you know we actually have a marsh and sometimes geese stop by, especially when beavers dam up the creek, so it's not completely impossible for you guys to find a golden goose here... hmmm..." @Snoink said back.

Alliyah was excited at the sound of that! While she knew Golden Geese tended to roost in clear Green Rooms, it totally made sense that one might migrate through the lands of a legendary reviewer like @KateHardy, @Rydia, @Emerson, @BluesClues @Deanie or @JabberHut or @Snoink's yards! "Let's check it out!"

Snoink led the group to the back -

Snoink wrote:Went to the backyard, and I am afraid to say that I didn't see any Golden Goose...

Link to original comment

The group let out a collective sigh, some sitting down on the ground by the water to admire some swans floating by ... when all of a sudden a yellow orange fell from @GengarIsBestBoy's backpack.

A sound resounded through the sky ~

HONK HONK HONK

and all of a sudden a large Golden Goose swept down plucking the yellow orange from the ground and taking to the sky again, headed due North - to the Green Room!

"WAIT! Was that?! THE GOOSE?" @vampricone6783 shouted pointing at the sky.

@Lovestrike, @LuminiescentAnt, @looseleaf and @mononster tried to follow the goose on foot to the edge of the trees - but soon the goose was too far to see again dodging through clouds.

"Well, I guess we should head back to the Green Room?" @Liminality suggested.

"I think we want to keep our eye's on that goose, but we also definitely need that net, at least we know yellow oranges seem to work alright as bait!" Alliyah said.

The group sat in a circle putting on their thinking hats to try to figure out what to do next. Alliyah checked her cell-phone as she was thinking and saw three missed calls and a text message from @KaiaJersaga a recently Knighted Knight in the KotGR.

KaiaJersaga wrote:URGENT: Hey! I just saw a big golden goose walking through the randomosity tavern - it looks like it's headed toward the Green Room! ... Oh! And the ducks are with the goose!"

Alliyah and the rest of the group realized that @PoetryGoos @LitGoos @rpGoos & @ResourceGoos seemed to be noticeably missing.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:45 pm
View Likes
PoetryGoos says...

The Episode in Which The Golden Goose Converses with Fellow Gooses and then Bursts through the Great Hall to Roost Among The Remaining Green Room Works

@PoetryGoos had no interest whatsoever in going to @Snoink's backyard, while they were quite sure it was a lovey habitat for gooses, tortoises, raccoons, and swans PoetryGoos was easily made car-sick so wasn't sure riding along with around 40 YWSers in a crowded uber was the best idea.

"Let's just go back to the Green Room and wait for everyone there," @PoetryGoos said to @rpGoos @ResGoos @LitGoos and @yosh.

Yosh was not a goose, but may as well be. They were a good confident and supporter to the gooses of YWS, just as @DreamyAlice was a supporter of bats and @alliyah a champion of chickens.

As they were making their way to the Green Room they ran into @ReviewBuddy, the local reviewing raccoon who was carrying @TheEgg and also @herschelthechicken - one of alliyah's chickens she had misplaced at this point in the story. @ReviewBuddy introduced the group of gooses to another animal friend, Cornelius who was a lizard @LuxLuthor had recently introduced to YWS. With this jolly group of YWS animals (missing @Big Brother)...

The group made their way over to the Green Room, when they started seeing glittering feathers increasing in greater and greater frequency, and lo and behold there in front of the group was The Golden Goose perched upon a lemon tree in @LaVida's orchard.

"HONK" the Golden Goose said.

"Hey, no worries none of us are trying to catch you - we don't have use for the literary work prize, but it's still great to see you!" Poetry Goos commented in greeting.

The Golden Goose said back, "well I think if it's all the same to you I'll stay safely over here for a bit - I just flew quite a ways from Snoink's home and am looking for a safe place to nest and maybe get some food to eat. Any ideas? "

"You can't go wrong with the Great Hall cafe! And we can show you the way!" @ReviewBuddy offered back.

So the group made their way to the Great Hall, with the Golden Goose waddling a few steps in front of them. Once in the Great Hall, the critters raided the cafe finding @Liminality's stash of cookies, @LadySpark's newest recipes, @BluesClues nachos, and @ChesTacos burrito station, and even a few Christmas Cookies that @Quillfeather, @KaiaJersaga, and @alpacaboss had baked up for some upcoming Christmas in July celebrations. They ate well! Well... until they heard some announcements coming from the Great Hall stage Read Here where @OrabellaAvenue was earning their Squire title and several other knights and YWS villagers like @RandomTalks @IcyFlame @Spearmint @GengarIsBestBoy @Ari11 @vampricone6783 @Rinisha @GoodieGoat @Carlito @Carina @soundofmind @cookiesandcream123 @SilverNight @Lavvie @tgirly @winterwolf0100 @MerleBlackbird @Omni @weathervane @Hijinks @Lovestrike @Meshugenah @Elinor @WeepingWisteria @EternalRain @Plume @alliyah @starlitmind @DreeamyAlice @loveissourgrapes @LuminescentAnt and many others were congregating.... several wearing magnificent green hats...

"I think they're looking for you!" Cornelius said to the Golden Goose.

"Well then I need to get out of here, thanks for helping with the snack!" Golden Goose said back taking flight and zooming out of the cafe.

Just then @Big Brother finally made an appearance (maybe also trying to sneak a snack from the KotGR cafe..) and the YWS Gooses gasped as everyone pointed at each other spiderverse style.

At that moment Knights @Spearmint, @KateHardy, @Shady, @JustPerks and @looseleaf entered the cafe and pointed accusingly at the gooses who appeared in that moment like were cornering Big Brother...

@Hkumar shouted, "GIVE US THE CHILD".

"There's definitely a misunderstanding here guys... Also Big Brother is the one who was eating your snacks... and also we need to go!" @LitGoos said back, grabbing their sleeping bag to fly over to camp nano.

"Wait are those golden feathers? The Golden Goose has been here!" @Spearmint shouted.

Just then the group heard a scream from the Great Hall as the Golden Goose was flying out the doors and back into the outside.

All the knights and YWSers ran following the glittering, golden streak of feathers in the sky, the special net of golden sparkly fabric being carried by the StitchCraft Club, a bowl of lemons Yellow Oranges being held by @GengarIsBestBoy, and @alliyah holding an upside down map and pointing towards the Green Room.

As they neared the Green Room grounds the group saw only 15 reviews stood in the way between them and where the Golden Goose was headed.

Would the group be able to find the goose before the month was over?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:22 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

They were so close! There were only 14 reviews in between the Green Room and the YWSers!

@yosh and @MerleBlackbird tried to force their way through the reviews. "It won't budge!" they both said.

"Looks like we'll have to review our way through," @KaiaJersaga said.

"But how do we even know that the Golden Goose is behind there," @GengarIsBestBoy said. "It could be that the goose flew away to somewhere."

"You're right, Gengar," @alliyah said. "We need something small that can squeeze in between the reviews, and also has light that can see in the dark forest."

"Small and bright....Oh, I know!" Ant exclaimed.

"Yellow oranges?" @GengarIsBestBoy asked.

"No!"

"Ooh, chickens?" @alliyah said.

"No!"

"Ohh I know! Geese!" said @PoetryGoos

"No! Luminescent Ants!" Ant said.

"Yeah we know that's you name, but what does it have to do with this?" @OrabellaAvenue asked.

"No, luminescent ants!" Ant pointed to her bucket of glowing ants which she carried around with her everywhere.

"Ohhhhhh," everyone said in realization.

"See, we can use the ants to see if the Golden Goose is still there!" Ant let out a few ants. I'm such a genius. Ant thought to herself.

Soon enough, the ants were crawling in between the reviews to go spy on the Golden Goose.

"Wait, but how will the ants tell you if the goose is there or not? Ants can't talk." @alpacaboss said.

"I know ASL! (Ant Sign Language) I can sign to them." Ant told her.

"Uhh okay." @alpacaboss said, still disbelieving.

Finally the ants crawled back from under the reviews. Ant started signing to the ants.

"Do you see the ants moving at all?" @Rinisha asked @KocoCoko.

"Nope." @KocoCoko said.

"Okay! The ants have reported that the Golden Goose is in fact there!" Ant said triumphantly.

"Huzzah! But wait, what is the Goose doing?" @alliyah asked.

Ant continued to sign with the ants. "Apparently, it's looking at memes. Goose memes specifically." she said.

"Goose memes are known to be very addictive, which means that it will be there for a long time!" @LitGoos said.

"Yes! That gives us enough time to review our way through!" @DreamyAlice said.

"Huzzah!" @alliyah cried.

Then there was an awkward silence.

"I think this is supposed to be the part where someone delivers a dramatic speech about the Green Room and knights and reviewing." Ant said.

"Yeah, that's about right." everyone said.

"Well I'm guessing no one wants to say it, so let's just review!" @Spearmint said.

Everyone cheered and got to work on reviewing the last reviews in the Green Room.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:52 pm
View Likes
KotGRCommander says...

The Episode In Which The Commander of the Knights of the Green Room Conveys a Dramatic and Inspiring Speech to Motivate Reviewers and Gem makes the moment more dramatic with music

The Commander (@KotGRCommander) stepped forward, after smoothly dismounting their steed- "did someone mention something about needing a dramatic and inspiring speech about Green Room Reviewing?"

@Spearmint, @LuminescentAnt, and @alliyah nodded. No matter how many times the Commander appeared, there was always a sense of awe and honor around them, likely borne from the many Green Room foes they had bested, the battles won, the kingdoms grown.

The Commander cleared their throat and slowly as Knights, Squires, and YWS-villagers saw the Commander's customary green helmet more started crowding around to hear. @GengarIsBestBoy and @tatteredbones were munching on some yellow oranges and boiled cheetohs, while @Plume, @EternalRain, and @Snoink gingerly held the newly hand-stitched golden net intended to catch the golden goose.

Knights, Squires, and Citizens of YWS,

While this quest to Clear the Green Room may have begun a month and seven suns ago, the mission began even further back than that. Yes, the last time the Green Room was fully properly cleared was back in July 2020, but I am speaking of even a time before that.

This Mission to Clear the Green Room, to find the Golden Goose, it started the day you decided to be a writer. Whether that was when you were a youngling yet gripping Crayola crayons and doodling out your stories, or maybe inspired by a teacher in an English class, or maybe when the idea for a story began to nibble on your ears and never ceased. The day you became a writer, you also took on a responsibility. A writer can never write just for themselves, but becoming a writer makes you one with a community - your readers, your fellow writers, your supporters. On YWS don't we know this most nobly - it is in our very name; the young writer's society.

The day you became a writer, dear friends, knights, squires, citizens of YWS, you took up the burden and joy of receiving readership, and also of giving readership - of giving the fruit of your mind in critique, the joy of your heart in praise, the review sandwiches made of your own kitchen-hearth. And so the day you became a writer, the seed of this mission was already planted within you.

And now dear writers, I ask you each to draw forward and complete this stage of the quest that fate has placed you on; To give feedback, to write your best reviews, to raise your swords once more to the foes of the Green Room and share your feedback with your fellow authors. Not only for the prize of the Golden Goose, the points, the lit-works, and to hear the goose's lovely honking, but let us review and conquer these final Green Room works because this is what it means to be a writer:

To be a part of a community of reading!

To enter boldly into new adventures!

To finish the story that we've been given!

Let us not delay, but go forward! Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah!

Who's with me?

And with that dramatic speech, many knights gathered around raising their weapons and their quills - inspired to battle the foes before them.

The members of the KotGR Court, Knights @alliyah, @Brigadier, @Shady, @looseleaf, @Kale, @Hannah, @JustPerks stood beside the commander, armed in all their KotGR gear - and even @KateHardy and @BluesClues descending with their dragons in tow.

Reviewers of legend and special achievement stepped forward including @Snoink, @Hannah, @Emerson, @Deanie, @vamprione6783, @IcyFlame, @niteowl, @Iggy, @JabberHut, @PenguinAttack, @Rosendorn, @MailicedeNamedy @starlitmind and @Elinor - several holding long logs of Reviews or Reviewing Tortoises in their arms.

Members of the Afterwatch came carrying timers and backpacks filled with Review-Templates, @Brigadier, @tgirly, @Que, @ExOmelas, @Dossereana, @Lib @FlamingPhoenix, @Hijinks, @LittleLee, @Gravitem

Newer Knights and Squires like @alpacaboss, @KaiaJersaga, @Rinisha, @Rose, @Lovestrike, @DreamyAlice rushed forward eager to join the battle.

And so many other brave reviewers crowded forward, shouting their calls oaths to join, and carrying a variety of weapons, rolls of paper, pencils, pens, and highlighters including @LadySpark, @Spearmint, @Liminality, @Horison, @Hkumar, @GengarIsBestBoy, @momonster, @yosh, @RandomTalks, @ForeverYoung299, @Zyria, @manilla @soundofmind @Carina, @Omni @Quillfeather @WeatherVane @loveissourgrapes @LuminescentAnt @SilverNight @OrabellaAvenue @GoodieGoat @Memo @Mason @MerleBlackbird @winterwolf0100 @Ari11 @Valkyria @Rook @PaigeFantasy and @WeepingWisteria

And just before the crowd of knights and squires and yws citizens took their step forward a cloud of Red Smoke appeared and @Meshugenah @Big Brother @Nate and .... @SantaYWS appeared as well with some festive cheer, fireworks, bats, and sparklers. @LuminescentAnt's glowing ants came in closer to join in the bright entrance.

"Okay I have to say that was pretty dramatic, but I still think this moment is missing something" @Quillfeather said... eyeing suspiciously around.

"Don't you dare." @BluesClues warned, the worn wizard's hat on her head wavering.

"Oh Yes. Inspirational Battle Music to set the scene" @tatteredbones said back already popping a CD player on their shoulder and setting the machine to full volume.

And at that moment every YWSer tagged or in the vicinity of the Green Room shouted a mighty Huzzah and charged towards the Green Room with the appropriate music playing loudly in the background. The only sound that could be heard above the delightful ode was the content sound of Golden Goose honking.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:48 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Empowered by the Commander’s speech and the harmonious vocals of Rick Astley, Gengar was more determined than ever to slay the beasts of the Green Room.

One of the beasts roared loudly, its many heads swinging around as it stood on its hind legs. Gengar rushed up behind it. She felt energy surging through her body and rushing into her fingertips as she formed a shadow ball in her hands. The ball was infused with a review, which should be enough to knock the beast out.

The beast did not even see her coming towards it. She suddenly launched herself into the air and slammed the ball into the beast’s back like a basketball. “Geeeeet dunked on!” she shouted as the beast fell to the ground.

There was another beast that @LuminescentAnt was fighting. They launched a review at it. The beast roared in pain, but it was not enough to take it out. It needed two reviews.

“Don’t worry ant, I got you!” Gengar exclaimed. With a twist of her hand, a review-infused lightning bolt came down on the monster, making it disintegrate into dust.

Ant waved to Gengar. “Thanks!”

Gengar saw another Green Room monster in the distance. It was snake-like, slithering up a conveniently placed lamppost. It hissed at a group of YWSers below it. Gengar created another shadow ball review to take it out.

Just then, she heard people shouting. There was another group of YWSers trying to take down a tremendously large beast. The reason that it was so large is because it had no reviews, and because it was such a long work. It was like an octopus, swinging its tentacles around. Simple throwing reviews at it would not be enough, since it would just deflect them each time.

Gengar knew exactly what she had to do. She came at it head on, looking into its dark, monstrous eyes. Her eyes became swirly as she focused hard on making the beast fall asleep. Soon the monster’s eyes became swirly too, and its eyelids slowly dropped as it fell to the ground. Z’s were floating above its head.

Now that it was asleep, it became much easier to defeat it. YWSers quickly started crafting reviews as the honks of the Golden Goose grew louder and louder
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:59 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

While @GengarIsBestBoy and @LuminescentAnt were being reviewing powerhouses and taking down Green Room beasts, mint was sneaking through the battlefield in search of another of @SilverNight's The Last Spell chapters to review. (Tiny fourth wall break: Psst, you reading this. You should go read that too c: It has heists!)

mint ducked under some flying critiques and neatly sidestepped a glowing compliment. She tuck-and-rolled as a Green Room beast leapt over her. The beast was quickly taken down by @KaiaJersaga, whose signature purple aura flared up dramatically.

"You go, reviewers!" mint cheered, giving some encourage-mint to the brave ywsers. =P

But just as mint saw a glimmer of Flare magic...

*dramatic gasp* Was that... a spam literary work??

Oh dear. Were the spam bots evolving? Would they take over the site? Would they take over the world?? =O

But that looked to be an adventure for another day. Thankfully, @Omni and @looseleaf and the other mods were on it, and the spam work disappeared with a soft gurgle.

mint breathed a sigh of relief and continued tiptoeing through the Green Room.

She popped her head into @BluesClues's camp for a moment, enjoying some marshmallows as she wrote her tagbook post prepared herself to take down some more Green Beasts.

Once she'd gotten her trusty spearmint-flavored umbrella spear and shield and armor equipped, mint ventured out again. She was so close to finding the chapter to review! And was that... a golden feather? Oh wait. No. It was a like on a People tab post. But nevertheless!

mint raised her spear high. "This is the final stretch! Let's do thiiiiiissss!!"

And as mint charged into battle, she let loose a long string of tags...

For her roleplay friendos! @WeepingWisteria @Ari11 @KateHardy @Shady @winterwolf0100 @soundofmind @Ljungtroll

And Gen Lit mods! @IcyFlame @RandomTalks

Camp NaNo'ers! @Mageheart @Plume @LadySpark @Ventomology @Snoink @Carlito @Elinor @Lael @Liminality

And other mods! @weathervane @alliyah @Lovestrike @DreamyAlice @Meshugenah

Reviewers! @alpacaboss @MerleBlackbird @OrabellaAvenue @loveissourgrapes @vampricone6783

People Tab peeps! @PaigeFantasy @tatteredbones @Quillfeather @Caerulean @FireEyes @LuxLuthor @momonster

Random ywsers! @LadyMysterio @Otterpop @Hkumar @Que @TheMythMaster @Arcticus @Elfboy @ForeverYoung299 @Fishr @Rook @foxmaster @AceassinOfTheMoon @yosh @Stringbean @Corvid @dragonfphoenix @FlamingPhoenix @Euphory @starlitmind @Horisun @Carina @JoyDark @ChesTacos @niteowl @WaffleCat @starshipgirl @LUNARGIRL @Hijinks @MaybeAndrew @LadyBug @Holysocks @veeren @Lib @waywardxwanderer @quitecontrary @LittleLee @spunkyspacekitty @MailicedeNamedy @MapleWay @kattee @WishIHadASword @NivedaJames22

Oh wow, seeing some of those names gave her nostalgia :') mint considered making a tag-an-old-yws-friend holiday or something. But the honking of the Golden Goose shook her out of her distractions.

Right! Well then! She was done writing this tagbook post and it was time to review...
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:10 am
View Likes
alpacaboss says...

Episode Green Room: Where the YWS'ers are tired but go for one last stretch

Alpacaboss hasn't reviewed this much since she came in YWS. Her excitement was kicking in when she realized there were only 5 reviews left in the Green Room! One work from @GengarIsBestBoy ; One work from @shima ; One work from @Ventomology ; and Two works from @MaybeAndrew .

"How's the work going?" @LuminescentAnt asked while she slew a beast.

"It's going alright," alpacaboss replied as she charged towards one of the remaining beasts in the Green Room.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw @KaiaJersaga taking a break with @IcyFlame, @loveissourgrapes, and @OrabellaAvenue. They were some of the top 15 reviewers this month and were evidently very tired from all the hard work.

"Coming through!" @Mason and @Memo yelled as they helped alpacaboss deliver yet another wound to the beast. They were both new, but were doing quite well already.

It's been a long day. A Long week rather. When was the last time they stopped thinking about the Green Room?

@Spearmint, @julia002, @vampricone6783, and @KocoCoko were resting from their aching muscles. @Liminality was heaving deep breaths.

Everyone was tired.

"We have a few beasts to slay. We mustn't give up now!" @alliyah shouted.

Alpacaboss nodded. She was right! There were only 5 left. 5 more reviews to victory!

Raising her sword, she yelled a battle cry.
"To a land free of the Green Room beasts! And to the end of the golden goose search!"

@Omni, @Horisun, @SilverNight, @TheCornDogEnthusiast, @Lovestrike, @tatteredbones, @Rose, @AilahEvelynMae, @Carina, @MercedesBlue, @Book, @DreamyAlice, @starshipgirl, @tropicalmango, @momonster, @sugarscherrypop, @AuthenticallyAngie, @ReviewBuddy, the large group of actively monster-slaying YWS'ers, and everyone yelled.

"Huzzah!"

And they charged on.
John 3:16; Joshua 1:9; 1 Timothy 4:12
Professional Bible nerd, Christian and classical music enthusiast, and alpaca lover
To God be All the Glory

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:58 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Gengar was leaning against a conveniently-placed lamppost. She may have been a skilled magic user, but with great power came great need to take a nap. What’s that? Responsibility? No, she didn’t want any of that stuff

Her head shot up as she heard a great roar.

One of the Green Room beasts was humongous. It was over 7,000 words long, had a 40-minute estimated read time, and was worth 1001 points. Many, many arms sprouted from its back as it sent an orange laser beam from its mouth.

Gengar realized in horror that this was a beast she had created… the last chapter of Spooky Squad

Right next to it was a much smaller, but just as deadly beast. It was like a chubby dragon. It pulled a knife out of nowhere, and said “I’m gonna say the f-word!” In a very goofy and silly voice.

Gengar realized that this beast was the third chapter of Face to Face, which had every content warning. A couple of YWSers were fighting the dragon, but it was obvious that they were struggling

Were they all toast? Were the beasts of the green room going to defeat them?

Just then, Rick Astley himself descended from the Heavens (even though he was still alive) as a choir of angels could be heard in the background.

“Guys,” he said, “You can’t give up now. In fact, you can never give up, because it would really let me down.”

It was all the encouragement they needed. “Thanks, Rick! We’re not going to run around and desert this mission; we’re going to slay these beasts, once and for all. For Rick Astley!” She shouted, throwing her fist into the air

“For Rick Astley!” Shouted all the YWSers. @tatteredbones shouted a little louder than everyone else.

Rick Astley ascended back into the clouds, and everyone braced themselves to take down the beasts, once and for all.
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:41 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

The Green Room beasts roared in anger, and @foxmaster knew that something was about to happen...
SWISH
a whole vat of sleeping potion was dumped onto the YWSers. They all screamed before falling into a deep, deep sleep. Foxmaster began to hyperventiliate in fear. The most reliable YWSers were..... snoring on the grounde. Would the beeasts of the Green Room win?
"Of course they will." a menacing figure loomed in the darkness behind her.
"Who are you-"
The figure cackled, and @foxmaster knew what she had to do...
"Ohhhh, supercallafradjallisticexpialladocious, even though the sound of it can really sound atrocious--" she sang. The extremely long song was sure to wake everyone up..
"Ugh!" cried @Aliyah.
"Why am I so sticky?!" asked @GengarIsBestBoy.
Everyoneone seemed quite confused, but while everyone began fighting again, @foxmaster wondered, What kind of monster didn't want the Green Room to be cleared?! :twisted:
Attachments
pobrane.jpg
pobrane.jpg (3.61 KiB) Viewed 296 times

1227 Reviews

Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:49 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

The episode in which the Golden Goose is Found

The YWSers fought through the night trying to battle the Green Room foes. Knight Alliyah wrote one of her longest reviews ever for @TheGengarisBestBoy's final chapter of Spooky Squad and other YWSers were stepping up to the plate to check out works they'd never braved before!

The honking of the Golden Goose urged them onward. Knight Alliyah tried to stay awake in a Camp NaNo campsite with @Carlito @Spearmint @BluesClues @WaffleCat and @FruityBickel all writing in a write-in, but couldn't quite manage to keep her eyes open. Eventually she fell asleep.

* The Next Morning *

Alliyah woke from her dreams of chickens doing a karaoke number to Rick Astley music, to hear a strange honking, but the honking was no longer lost on a distant wind, but was VERY very very close!

She looked around to see where it could be coming from and saw @starshipgirl playing a little celebratory song on a ukelele and @yosh doing a goose dance, @LuminescentAnt, @KaiaJersaga, @DreamyAlice, @momonster, @alpacaboss, @loveissourgrapes, @IcyFlame, and @Spearmint were all walking around with smiles on their faces high-fiving each other. @foxmaster looked slightly worried but was also sharing high-fives. Alliyah turned around to see @GengarIsBestBoy eagerly reading the review Alliyah had written earlier, "Thanks for the help comrade!"

"Wait a second,... where are all your yellow-oranges?" Alliyah asked wondering where Gengar's signature fruit was.

"Oh, I sacrificed them to a good cause, someone was a little hungry after all the chasing. And I've got a garden at home where I can get some more." Gengar said pointing over to a little corner of the Green Room where Knight @Rook was holding the Golden Goose in their lap stroking its feathers and feeding it a few yellow-orange slices.

"THE GOOSE! WE'VE FOUND THE GOOSE!" Alliyah said with delight realizing why everyone was so joyous. "What are you going to do with the free literary works for life Rook?" alliyah asked a bit jealous.

The Commander @KotGRCommander laughed a bit, and pointed again to the "Wanted Poster" from the beginning of the quest, "Alliyah, haven't you learned to read the fine print yet? The free lit works aren't just for one person, they're for EVERYONE and it's not for life, it's just 3 days. I like to speak with dramatic metaphors, you should know that by now for all the time you spend in the Great Hall."

Alliyah laughed a bit to herself picking up a "Free Lit Works" voucher to use later. She was reflecting on the quest they'd all been on for the last month with so many YWS friends joining in for the good of the cause. She had came to appreciate so many of them in their bravery and reviewing prowess, and HEY they'd even all gotten to check out @Snoink's backyard along the way! She was proud of what they'd accomplished. All that was left to do was go admire the Golden Goose herself.

Alliyah came forward with a few of her chickens in tow (hoping still that maybe some of the Golden Goose magic might carry over to the chickens) and stood within the golden presence of the long-searched-for goose.

The Goose now that it was resting peacefully in the Green Room seemed at peace, quiet, calm - she knew the goose wouldn't stay for long once the Green Room started to fill again, but she was grateful to be able to be in it's presence for even a moment.

As Alliyah's chickens were conversing with the goose in a language that only birds (as well as @niteowl, @Plume, @Quillfeather and @PenguinAttack) seem to understand she watches as Herschella the chicken seemed to take on a more golden shine herself - like maybe some of the powers were in fact being shared!

Out of the corner of her eye she spotted behind a little potted plant a pile of twigs, and leaves, and cheetohs and bits of unfinished reviews all woven together. With three golden orbs sitting atop the cushioned pile. Alliyah's eyes grew wider as she put all the pieces together - it was A NEST!

"I think you're right!" @Shady the biologist confirmed.

No wonder the Golden Goose had went to such a trouble to get them all to clear the Green Room! Now if her eggs hatched there'd be golden goslings running around in no time!

"I guess we'll need some more orange and yellow foods!" Alliyah said to @LadySpark, @tatteredbones, and @GengarIsBestBoy. And the group laughed, not quite ready to go on another quest - but certainly ready to go back to the Great Hall cafe for a snack and some cooking-time.

This had been quite the quest. But Alliyah wouldn't have wanted to complete it with any other group of people. They'd done it. They had found the Golden Goose. And at least for the moment, YWS had reason to celebrate!

1227 Reviews

Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:50 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

This is the end of the Golden Goose Search (for now) - thank you to everyone who contributed and read along! This was my very first time hosting a tagbook, and I had so much fun doing it!

Join us for YWS Social Week, Hosted by the Golden Goose on August 1-7!

Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
— Homer Simpson