z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I know that you hate me

by Pinkiegirl13


I know that you hate me

How your eyes gave me that sign

It was full of hatred and rage that boil inside of your body

You told me that I don't never have friends

You told me that I have a unperfected life

Also, you told me that I am a mistake

Maybe you are right about me

I don't have friends

I don't have a perfect life

And I am a mistake

But tell you what, my friend

I am perfect as who I am

I will make the world perfect with my style and my skill

Maybe an enemy like you will give me that success

Be mad as you want to

Because I am going to the top.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 302
Reviews: 12

Donate
Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:27 am
Lonely wrote a review...



I liked this poem, so I shall review it...

It was very well written, but it has some mistakes (we all make them though). In the fourth line you put "don't never". That is a double negative, so you may want to fix that. The second to last line, "Be AS mad as you want to" would make more sense. There was a lack in punctuation, but I wouldn't call that a mistake. Personally I like that lack. It makes this poem feel like one thought.

Now... The stuff I like!

You had power in this poem, and it was noticed. I really like how you called the bully your friend. You admitting that they might be right made you seem small for giving in, but it made you the powerful character when you said you don't care. Hopefully you do get to the top. I can't wait to see you get there :)




User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 2321
Reviews: 122

Donate
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:18 pm
ccwritingrainbow wrote a review...



This poem breaks my heart because it reminds me of my high school years. Oh, how I hated them sometimes because there are people who say that I'm the worst human being because I'm not what they are. I'm glad I'm not one of those people because at least I'm nice, not sexually attractive, and drinking. This poem is an inspiration, I can tell you that.

One line is confusing to me though. "You told me that I don't never have friends." That could mean two things. One, it means that someone told you that you always have friends. Two, it means that the never is a misspelling. Any other way, I would like to know if that's not a misspelling or anything like that. Otherwise, this poem is a very good poem indeed.




Pinkiegirl13 says...


If you liked it, you can put a 'like'. Also, never is spell correctly.



User avatar
184 Reviews


Points: 36
Reviews: 184

Donate
Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:47 pm
View Likes
RoyalHighness wrote a review...



RoyalHighness has arrived to review!
You tell 'em, girl!
I was bullied for four years; I'm applauding you on this.
However, there were a few nitpick-y things we have to get through before I can compliment your bravery.

Nitpick #1

Spoiler! :
It was full of hatred and rage that boil inside of your body

You told me that I don't never have friends


So good job on not putting, "boils," like I would have done in my stupidity.
But I don't think you needed to put, "inside of." Maybe just, "inside," will work? Just a thought.
Also, I realize this was probably an artistic gesture but the, "don't never," made me want to tear my hair out and cry in a corner– only because I'm a Queen Grammar Nazi. But don't worry if that was an artistic decision. You made me feel something, and that was probably the intention XD


Nitpick #2
Spoiler! :
But tell you what, my friend

I think you meant,
But I'll tell you what, my friend

Makes a little more sense.


Content
Spoiler! :
It takes a lot of guts to decide you won't let bullying drag you down. It's certainly not the easy decision; the easy decision is to let it consume you until you become a bully yourself and are completely dependent upon other people's misery to bring you happiness.
So good job on... uh... not doing that :D
So I loved the way you laid out everything the bully had said in the beginning, and then chip away at it until by the end, there's nothing left but your awesomeness.
For next time, I'd focus on your diction; it's a little weak in this poem, and I think if you'd chosen stronger words, you could have painted a clearer or brighter picture of your feelings.
But for now, it was pretty good! I like the story you set up and I like the way you showed your personality while telling a story even though you didn't explicitly /say/ anything about yourself... I'm rambling, but the point is, you did really well.


Conclusion
So this was pretty good! I'll give you eight stars out of ten for you solid good work. Keep writing!





I want to do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.
— Pablo Neruda