z

Young Writers Society



Balloons in Winter C6 /P

by Incandescence


Removed.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
915 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 915

Donate
Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:17 pm
Incandescence says...



Thanks for catching those spelling glitches. When I have an idea, grammar and spelling go out the window. =]

As for the "thrilled, terrified, thrilled" bit -- I understand the lackluster effect it has, but I'm kind of partial to it, since that kind of wavering is something I like.

I'm glad I told this from Janet's POV too, it made the insights that much easier and that much more, well, insightful.




User avatar
688 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 688

Donate
Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:14 pm
xanthan gum wrote a review...



scaring-looking kids

Chirs grabs my arm

I It was for kids.

“but I have to gome

spelling...

He can’t help it: every evening he’s with Chris part of him keeps hoping against hope that somehow, they’ll end up in bed together.

I feel as if it should be "ever evening he's with Donny...", because wasn't Chris the "he" just earlier?

He allows its heavy beat to inhabit him, as if his heartbeat is no more than another kind of drumming.

Heartbeats and drumbeats. Over used.

He must be thrilled, terrified, thrilled

I didn't like this. It had no effect and it sounded annoying to the ear.

Otherwise, this was an interesting ride for me. I felt their panic, I felt that empty, lonely feeling at the end. And Donny had an outburst, didn't he? This entire chapter was full of empathy on my part. I'm glad you told it from Janet's point of view.





Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain