z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

How to poetry in bathos

by ImHero


Deleted


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 426
Reviews: 12

Donate
Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:48 am
Ivion wrote a review...



This was a fairly good poem, but I have to agree with the others. Sorry, the symbolism wasn't very good. It was a bit confusing, but I think that if you keep working on symbolic poetry, you will write better. I, personally, don't think you should have added the second you. The repeated you adds to the poem, yes, but it doesn't feel like it should be there. It was an okay poem, but keep working on it.




ImHero says...


check out bones on the side, I re-did this. Its not the symbolism that was confusing it was the metaphor... they are different things.



Random avatar

Points: 2227
Reviews: 157

Donate
Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 pm
arianaSarroyo wrote a review...



Hi there. Ariana with your review. So I have to agree with the other reader. The symbolism was not particularly clear. However, that did not make this a "bad' poem. Sure, it was rather confusing, and I think that maybe you should work on that. However, despite the overall confusion, you did get the idea of symbolism down flat. I really liked the opening. It was very descriptive and it painted a picture for me. The whole poem is full of imagery, but I think the first stanza was my favorite. Other than that, j have no further comments. Keep up the good work.




User avatar
508 Reviews


Points: 11370
Reviews: 508

Donate
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:22 pm
dragonfphoenix says...



I think I missed the point of the symbolism. I liked the first line of the second stanza, but by the end of the poem I was still lost as to who's talking and what their message is saying (aside from the line noted). I wonder if that's just me, though.




ImHero says...


Nope, its not just you. I'll be working on it. It does have meaning but its just so damn hidden... thanks though.





okay, glad I'm not alone. Wolves need a pack, you know?




Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala