z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

knots

by ImHero


Deleted


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 620
Reviews: 170

Donate
Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:26 pm
View Likes
yubbies21 wrote a review...



I keep finding a bunch of poem titles that interest me and then when I click on them to give a review, all it says is "Deleted"! So...here is a review for this deleted...

Deleted. All the things it could mean. Deep down inside, you could be hurting about the death of a loved one and how their life was deleted. Or perhaps you deleted your subscription to a favorite magazine. Maybe somebody accidentally deleted your homework. I guess we'll never know, but this poem does need some more details. just saying, "Deleted" isn't enough. Maybe adding forever would entice your readers further.

Deleted Forever


Perhaps add even more...

Deleted For Forevermore
Sunken to the depths of the sea
never to surface again
hidden away,
never to be retrieved...


You get the idea... :)

Happy Review Day!

yubbies21




User avatar
413 Reviews


Points: 11009
Reviews: 413

Donate
Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:47 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...



That awkward moment when I step in all excited to review this- and then there's nothing here.

But you know, deleted is just such a deep, meaningful word. I think you should add some more description though...

JK. :D




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 865
Reviews: 20

Donate
Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:24 pm
RobbieFava wrote a review...



Hey there!
I'm really digging this poem! It's short and very to the point. I think the person before me got most of the punctuation down so I won't delve into that although, personally, I don't mind poetry that doesn't quite follow all the rules, but that's just me.
The only typo I've found is:

"I guess I'm to simple" and the "to" just needs to be "too"

I love all of the imagery you have going on here, especially in the first stanza. I'm not sure why, but I really like:

"They line up bricks
and stencil their walls"

I feel like I've had similar thoughts many times when regarding the prospect of "nations" and "countries." I feel like the way you put it makes the idea of segregating the world seem that much more trivial and childish. It literally makes me think of a group of stuffy old people sitting in front of a giant map of the world and saying, "Okay, we'll draw a line here, and here, and here, and then we'll just surround it with a wall. And that part is all mine." It really made me think of some kindergarten-like scenario, so thank you for brightening my morning a tad with that mental flash. I definitely chuckled.
Anyway, great job with this! Keep up the good work.




User avatar
332 Reviews


Points: 10657
Reviews: 332

Donate
Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:09 am
Blackwood wrote a review...



Punctuation baby

They line up bricks
and stencil walls
that say, “conundrum
of politics.

I guess I’m to simple
of a person to understand,
but I think the system is
a knot; the strings
get tighter as we pull.


I think you should have a semicolon for that last one instead because it was hard to read that line with the way you placed the words.

Ok Ok I owe you a better review. And I also like finding excuses to procrastinate.

We handle symbols of silk
like cradles holding babies.

SO the thing with these lines, is that they're very imagery-ic imaginic... imageryistatic, imagistic, ... ok.. full of imagery. Which is nice. It seems like a good simile however.. what is the simile for? What is a symbol of silk? Thats the problem I get from the top lines.

I really like the rest.
“conundrum
of politics”

for some reason I feel like this needs a capital yet it doesn't.. it just looks funny.. I don't know why. Also that's like saying "Riddle of politics", is that the phrasing you want? You don't want 'a' or anything?

I think the next stanza stays true to your message and carrys on the conundrum, I like it.




Blackwood says...


Edited~~~~~~~




If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig