z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

glitter used to stick to my skin

by Charm



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 47
Reviews: 6

Donate
Sun May 21, 2017 12:27 am
TheChristianWriter wrote a review...



I always expect the best in people's work. This was very good in many ways. I like your vocabulary and use of descriptive words. However, I feel like it could be better. Perhaps separating it a little by using stanzas may help. I feel like the title of this also could have been more creative.I would suggest not using a sentence in the poem as your title. Most of the time, I try to avoid that myself. I hope this helps! God Bless!




User avatar
145 Reviews


Points: 402
Reviews: 145

Donate
Fri May 19, 2017 4:06 pm
Thisislegacy wrote a review...



Legacy here for a review.

You use imagery in this piece to your benefit. I wish you would have used stanza breaks though for it to be read easier. I recommend using a stanza break every time you explain something else. Stanza breaks are important because it gives the reader a chance to take a small break and reread what they just read if they need to and to compose themselves before they read the next stanza.

I would use "venturing" instead of "venture" in the first line.

I would use "the shimmering" instead of "shimmery" when you talk about the bath water.

You use a large vocabulary, which can be good, but make sure that your audience can understand what you are saying, whomever that may be.

Overall, only a few edits are needed and then it would be a final copy. Make sure that your tenses stay the same throughout the whole poem and that you use stanza breaks when needed (when you start to describe something new). Legacy.




User avatar


Points: 0
Reviews: 2

Donate
Fri May 19, 2017 7:49 am
Sweetsinger says...



Love your expression...
Hate the feeling it gives me...cause I feel like a tangled mess and well its bad




Random avatar

Points: 175
Reviews: 17

Donate

User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 794
Reviews: 68

Donate
Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 pm
Midnightmoon wrote a review...



Hi there! I love this poem! I only have a few things I'd like to point out. It's just a few spelling errors. Sorry, but I'm a nitpick about that. :).

The first line, first word. I would just put an "ing" on the end. I think it sounds better than "venture".

"Venturing deep into myself again." The "Again" at the end would make more sense if you put the "ing" on the first word.

Second; I would just change "cowered" to "Cowering." Just me though, I think it makes more sense that way.

Third; I would just put "the" between "With" and "Shimmery" I think it makes it flow a little better.

That was all, and a great poem! Hope this helped some, and sorry for the nitpicks if they bother you!





Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
— Ann Landers