​YWS Is SO Last Year

by dragonfphoenix

YWS Is SO Last Year

Gather ‘round and hear the story

Of a site that was jacked four years ago.

For YWS left copyright well alone nigh

A month beyond its expiration.

.

Greedy eyes blinked in a cave,

The rustle of coins the only giveaway

That a Dragon lurked within this lair.

And he had a mind for this prize.

.

Hastily he shook himself, fluidly he launched himself,

Deftly his claws flicked across keyboards and bits,

And in a flash faster and brighter than fire

He’d mirrored this gangly conglomeration.

.

But then, from his preeminence in the Chinese Zodiac,

From the trees and skies came roaring down the Mighty Monkey

And great was the late fall of Nate upon the Wyrm.

Commemorated in progress was his triumph:

.

“Copyright 2014 (Nice try, dragonfphoenix)”

.

An ancient proverb says that time turns like a wheel,

And another to everything a time,

And historians that history is linear, or cyclical,

But for the age of the Dragon, graduation.

.

For every Commencement the Dragon watches,

And every year must be dissuaded.

And, though vigilant, three years of peace have

Left the Knights and Admin lax.

And again the prize sits undefended, a year behind,

And the Dragon pounces.

.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:48 am
alliyah says...

Still iconic.

Also @LadyBird and @dragononfphoenix's meme battle... that was epic.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:41 am
Brigadier says...

this has a really good streak before someone actually reviewed it
i didn't even get to do my joke review
what a shame

I want your memes

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:14 am
Mathy wrote a review...

Hello, YWS-ians! Today I am here to review a work of art that I thoroughly enjoyed and felt was worth following the author (<3). I loved this poem because multiple meanings shouted out at me right away, and I will be covering all of them here in this review. Let's stop wasting time and begin the review!

The first meaning I conjured from this poem was the problem with reviewers who don't really care about the works they are reviewing but they want stars, points, etcetera. The lines "And he had a mind for this prize," "Deftly his claws flicked across keyboards and bits," and "He’d mirrored this gangly conglomeration," makes me feel like the reviews this "Dragon" is writing are fast and worthless. Maybe he copies and pastes a long intro that would count as a review itself in the beginning for fluff, or maybe he just stretches out his words so much that the reader of the review will be lost. That is the first meaning I found.

The correct meaning is the copyright and the date at the bottom. The dark precipice of despair and coldness from which we have come has returned to claim us again, only for us to bounce back from the rubble of 2017 into a new, shiny 2018. This is how I view the New Year: A way to return to the Winter we started at, and to restart the year from January like we will continue to do until the end of time. Plus, it's pretty funny to see YWS stuck in the past at the beginning of the New Year. That is why I really like this title.

That's all you have to read of me today. I'll make sure to follow you so that I can review more of your works soon. Maybe Sunday (XD)? I'll see you on the 'site. ZeldaIsShiek- Out!

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:10 am
DeerInBacPac wrote a review...

Hello, E.E here for a possibly quick review and maybe some utter nonsense! Grim is here as well, drinking hot cocoa and being a slacker. *Grim looks over, glaring* So, lets get started. :smt020 :smt015

So, the first thing I noticed when reading the poem is that, well, nothing! I didn't notice anything wrong with the grammar or spelling so good job on that!

So, the meaning of the poem, from what I can tell, is that well, the people know! Just going back down to the copyright, its rather entertaining!

Overall, I liked the poem and keep up the good work! So, happy Valentines Day ! I really need to go now, Grim has souls to reap and he needs more cocoa. He has a problem, seriously. Annnd I think he brought a dinosaur to life. Great. Anyways, Cheerio and fruit loops to you!

Grim would like Nick from my kingdom of boredom series. He put jumbo engines on a pteranadon

DeerInBacPac says...

*Grim raises his eyebrows. If he had them* That seems odd.

First chapter for starting point into the reference. It's an older work, and I don't remember exactly where. But mayhaps you'd like

DeerInBacPac says...

Nate says...

Ya know, you could just send me a PM!

I tagged you in a wall post highlighting the issue, and I'm sure you saw it because you never get tagged by anyone else on the site ;) Plus, sending a PM is too difficult. This was easier

Brigadier says...

You know what this means.
If not, let me spell it out.
I W I L L B E B A C K

I WAS ONCE A MOD AS WELL

Brigadier says...

I'm no longer with those gen lit rascals.
Poetry is my domain.

Y'all so cute at that age

Brigadier says...

you get a monty python gif because i'm dealing with squires that i'm gonna kill pretty soon...

lelu says...

Love your avatar, Lizz...hahaha...

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:49 am
Mea says...

I saw the title of this in your wall post and immediately scrolled down to check the copyright date. Didn't even have to read it to know :P

I put a "Guysss please fix" kind of post on my wall earlier and tagged Nate and Iggy. That didn't get a response. So I tagged Rosey and Mesh. Still no fix. (Rosey even saw it said 2017!) If it takes getting this memed and spotlighted for them to calm my OCD, so be it :P

captainearth says...

this is funny,

i got called an enigma once so now i purposefully act obtuse
— chikara