z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Kingdom of Boredom, Chpt. 1

by dragonfphoenix


Chapter 1: First Encounter

Well, the worst we can do is sit here and play.” the boy said to the girl, shaking his head. “Do you have any ideas?”

“No, not really.” the girl replied. “But then again, something will happen. It always does.”

“We could always fight the author.” Nisei, the boy, said, smiling.

“That’d be dumb.” Fiera, the girl said, playfully shoving him. “Only Sages and Viewers can fight with the Author. And only the Admitted can get into the Second World. So unless he lets us in, we’re stuck as Third Worlders.”

“Well, I’m getting out.” Nisei said, reaching for the page. I simply tapped his hands away from the paper, keeping him in the Third World. “Hey, that’s not fair!” he yelled at me, shaking a fist in defiance.

“You are here for my entertainment.” I told him. “I have little else to do, and as a Viewer, I can control your life and death.”

“Only by keeping us in your imagination.” Fiera said. “You can’t really control where the story goes. That’s up to us.”

“Well, I’m open to ideas.” I said. “I can’t think of anything to do, and you two are a little outside of my normal travels. I typically keep First Person out of my writings.”

“Fine, why don’t you give us a tour of First World?” Nisei asked.

“You know I can’t do that: you’d have to be First Worlders to see it, and the closest I can get you is Second World, but that can’t really happen in this context, since writing is the osmosis of Second World ideas into Third World format. So you stuck where you are right now.”

“That’s just great.” Nisei said. “You could do a little developing of our characters.”

“I’m not sure how long the inspiration will last. Right now I’m writing off my Net surfing bleed-throughs.”

“You could go read your book.” Fiera said. “Or you could give me a good wardrobe.”

“Or send us into one of your ready-mades.” Nisei added.

“And I kind of want to know what I can do.” Fiera said. “It’s boring being just a dialogue.”

“Fine, I’ll experiment.” I said, reaching down and picking up Fiera. “FIERA: long, flowing, silky hair. What color?”

“Black.” she said, flicking her hair off her shoulder with her hand.

“For now.” I said, glancing at it. “You look young. How old are you?”

“Don’t you know better than to ask a girl that?” Fiera asked.

“Well then I’ll tell you…” I began, and she glared at me angrily.

“Fine, I’m in my late teens. Late, late teens.” she said.

“All right, probable age eighteen to nineteen.” I replied, smiling. “Eye color?”

“I like purple.” she said.

I laughed. “Well, you may like purple, but you’re starting to turn into a meld of Eclipse and either Lavender’s elven form or perhaps Dark Lin, though I’d have to check her JPEG. But I think her eyes were a dark purple. So to keep you original, I’d have to keep you from having green, and purple, and perhaps all the other colors I can thin of. What do you think of pale silver?”

“You’re hysterical.” Fiera said. “And no, you’re not doing any references to my name with my eye color.”

“Oh? Why not?” I asked. “The last time I checked, I’m the one hitting the keys.”

“And the last time I checked, any little nugget of an idea can grow out of your control, and eventually you’ll end up using us.” Fiera replied defiantly. “So I suggest you let me have what I want if you want to go to sleep tonight.”

“You don’t control the Writing Fairy.” I stated, smiling.

“Well you’d better think of something, or else I get purple.” she said, folding her arms across her chest.

“What if I give you purple skin?” I teased.

“Absolutely not!” she exclaimed. “And can we please talk in the Present tense? It’ll make things flow faster. I hate having to wait for you to fix your Verb Tense.”

“Well, I like writing in the Past Tense.” I said. “I’m only struggling because the last book I completed was in the Present Tense and I haven’t transitioned with the current book I’m in, which is in the Past Tense, and not in the First Person, as it should be.”

“Well you’d better transition quickly, or I’m putting my foot down.” she said, stomping her foot for emphasis. “And quit fixing your Capitals on the pronouns. That’s really annoying me.”

“It’s annoying me more.” I replied. “I hate when Word capitalizes the pronouns when I say what a character’s just said.”

“Then ignore it.” she replied. “You’re probably not keeping this document anyway. Again with the Capitals!”

“Again Word capitalized it.” I said. “I’m trying my best.”

“Do you have an eye color?” she asked.

“Finally it worked that time; I didn’t have to correct it. Are you happy now?” I said.

“I would be if you’d quit stalling, although I realize you’re still trying to pick a color while I’m complaining at you.” Fiera said. “What now?”

“I have a headache.” I replied, rubbing my head. “I’ve been on for over an hour straight (not necessarily typing) and my head is killing me, especially considering I woke up two hours early this morning and didn’t sleep that well at all. So I’d like some sympathy for my predicament.”

“None given.” she scolded. “Quit fixing the Pronouns!”

“I’m not sure why it didn’t work this time.” I replied.

“Eye color!!!” she shouted.

“Fine!” I shouted back. “You get black.”

“Ugh! That’s ugly, worse than silver.” she said, sticking her tongue out in disgust. “And you’re still fixing the Pronouns.”

“Well, I can’t give you such a plain eye color as brown.” I said. “You need something a little more…exciting. Ah! Aquamarine.”

“That works, to an extent.” Fiera said. “Although I don’t like the hair with that color. Dark brown works better.”

“Dark brown it is.” I said, making the change. “Now, what else do you need? You’re about average height, perhaps five-foot-seven?”

“That works.” Fiera replied. “And now my dress. I want a long, flowing white dress, with a belt that matches my eyes.”

“It looks like a piece of ribbon to me, but I have no fashion sense, so we’ll just leave it as a belt.” I said, grinning at her disapproving frown. “And I can just see you as a barefoot sort of girl. Do you want a bit of a tan? Or do you like your light skin just the way it is?”

“I’m fine now.” Fiera said. “Don’t start baking me like a lobster.”

“All right.” I said.

“You’re ignoring me.” Nisei said, jumping up next to her.

“No, I’m not.” I replied, gently setting Fiera back onto the blank stage. “But I needed to focus on one character at a time.”

“Well, then deal with me.” Nisei said.

“I am, right now.” I said. “Let’s see, you’re name references the Lower Shou. And you seem to be a bit Gypsy or Rover to me.”

“I am, so give me my bronze skin already.” Nisei said.

“Done. Anything else?” I asked.

“Yes. I have brown hair and brown eyes.” Nisei said. “And I want to be tall and muscular.”

“I can do the looks, not the latter.” I said, wiping off the extra bulk and height he’d given himself.

“You’re letting him have his way a lot more than me.” Fiera said, glaring at me.

“You didn’t know what you wanted.” I replied. “And guys tend to care a lot less. He’s a bit stereotypical. I made you unique.”

“Fine.” Fiera said, sitting back down.

“Now, let’s see. A tunic and some shorts for you, perhaps light tan for the shirt and mud brown for the pants.” I said, attaching the clothes. “And a sword, medium length and grade, strapped across your back.”

“I want a weapon!” Fiera exclaimed, jumping up.

“A hidden dagger under the dress, around your waist.” I absently waived my hand, placating her. “But I know you’re not much of a fighter. You’ll stab them in the back when they’re not looking, but you won’t get into a fight. You’re not built for it. Now, back to Nisei.”

“I want my sword to burst into flames.” he said, drawing the blade.

“No.” I said firmly, putting his little toothpick (or at least that’s what it looks like to me) back in its sheath. “You have a normal weapon with no special abilities. You want to learn something relatively close to magic? Go talk to Hag or Incog. Oh wait, I forgot.” I said sarcastically. “I’m still confining you to your undefined world.”

“You’re thinking about putting us in Lanoche.” Fiera said, smiling mischievously.

“That world’s getting crowded.” I said, trying to hide my smile. Both of them saw it, though, so it didn’t matter.

“You’ve barely spent any time with it.” Fiera complained. “How many are there?”

“For starters, the key trio: Serna, Finch, and I think I settled on Mikah.” I said. “Then there’s Lord Tigernach and Serna’s mentor, whose name I don’t remember at this point. I’m also considering adding Yuri and Tsuke into it, and there was something else that I can’t remember right now. Oh, and Obsidian and Deron are going into it. Ah yes! I remember: Hasdrubal and Mago Barca. The generals. So let’s see; what else did I have?”

“Basically nothing.” Fiera said. “You have no good leader for the Rovers, and no real purpose for them except to be your Mongol hoard.”

“Fine, we’ll let Nisei be the villain Rover.” I teased.

“Hey! I’m one of the good guys.” Nisei objected.

“So you are.” I said. “But that would put you as more of a Gypsy, so you’re starting to cross over, if you were going to be a Lanochen in the first place. However, I haven’t defined either of you yet, which is kind of the point of this…”

“Experiment?” Fiera suggested.

“You could call it that.” I said. “Although I feel like you’re shifting a bit into my Dominant Female stereotype. Perhaps I should go back to the Net, or just reread what I’ve already written to find out where the shift occurred.”

“Or you can just keep typing.” Nisei suggested hopefully.

“No.” I said, scrolling up. “I’m done typing for now. You two can take a break. Besides, my eyes are starting to hurt.”

“Don’t leave us!” Nisei shouted, and Fiera elbowed him in the ribs.

“Oh, hush. You’ll be fine.” she said.

I scrolled back down. “Never mind; I checked: you’re pretty much unchanged, although you were already there, I guess. I just feel the need to bring in some more diversity to my Female Character Personalities. They’re all pretty much Warriors.”

“And that’s a bad thing?” Fiera asked.

“Only when there’s about thirty or so all in one room.” I replied.

“Oh, yuck. That’d be like all of us wearing the same dress.” she said.

“My point exactly. However, since you’ve already bent yourself that way, and this is just for fun, I’ll see where it goes. Perhaps I should see about trying to force a few in my non-dominant persona Types.”

“You are so not a Paladin.” Fiera said.

“I know that.” I replied. “Although I do have some Rogue.”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
112 Reviews


Points: 2094
Reviews: 112

Donate
Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:14 pm
Ljungtroll wrote a review...



Okay, there were a few errors, like the misspelling of "waving" and the absence of the k in "think", but I am definitely reading the rest of these. They're great! In fact, you've given me an inspiration. It'll be a little darker than yours, and of course I wouldn't dare publish it anywhere, for that would be plagiarism, and that's a big no-no. Thank you for this inspiring and entertaining piece!! XD






Thanks for the review! Glad to be of help. Let me know when you get yours written (shoot me a PM or graffiti my wall or something ;) ), and I'll take a glance at it. What you end up with might not actually be plagiarism, but depending on how closely it holds to KoB would ranger anywhere from fanfic to original fiction. So I'd be happy to read it. :) Thanks again!



User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 61
Reviews: 21

Donate
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:45 am
MrTalljoker wrote a review...



Hey, It's MrTalljoker, here to review and nit pick.

So I can safety say, I have no idea what's going on, but I'm a dumb guy, so that could be a hindering on my reading experience. From what I get, I think it's either one of two set ups. One, they might be playing Dungeons and Dragons, seems like a normal conversation between a dungeon master and his players as they create their sheets, but also judging by the first couple of lines, I also think you might go where it's a real world with a creator. The other idea, which would be fantastic, if it's just some crazy guy talking to his computer as he types. Then his mother comes in while he talks to the screen.

"Clancy! Are you talking to your word document's again?"

"Shut up mom! You don't understand my art!"

"Just like his father, but with one less bullet and suicide note." Oh, that got dark quick.

But back to what I was saying, I don't mind me not knowing what's going on, it's the first chapter. It's okay to leave the audience in the dark a bit at the begging, it excites the audience, makes them wonder, get's them hooked. The biggest problem, I would say, would be the fact that this is a comedy, considering both the tittle and you placing it under humor, is that the joke goes on forever. These people are dysfunctional, these people are dysfunctional, these people are dysfunctional! Do you get it?! They're dysfunctional. Now humor is completely subjective, what I find funny is not necessarily what another finds funny, I understand this. I also understand that you're setting up characters through a argument that's supposed to be funny. But when I reached the end, I was just about done with the whole thing. As a suggestion, let's take Shakespeare's play "A Midsummer Night's Dream" I always like to point to this play for the humor with it's story structure.

With the begging you set up charters and their roles/situations, Puck is a mischievous fairy that serves the king of the fairies, Oberon. Oberon is married to a wife who won't have anything to do with him and his wishes, he also has a romantic passion for human love, and Nick Bottom is an idiot actor, and so on and so on. Through begging, the character's slightly mingle with one another as we set up their roles , tell a few jokes to badder up the audience and also get to know these people, but the real jokes come when they're all set up. You see, Nick Bottom turning into a donkey is not that funny on it's own, but since we know he's an arrogant, pseudo-suave actor, the scenes become hilarious. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I think this joke would have worked if I knew the characters, but since I don't, it's just people arguing to me, and that's not funny.

What kept me going fortunately was the good dialogue, I thought it flowed well. Though I feel like everyone is just talking with the same voice, they're all just snarky. Overall it's good, I'd probably like it more in a movie median, I don't know, I just feel like the dialogue is better suited, for the most part, for a movie. As a novel, it's a bit annoying, for me anyways.
Though I can sit down and realize that, technically, it's a good piece, it's obviously got some thought into it, and some finesse and I can appreciate that. Just didn't float my boat.

Thank's for writing, keep on writing, something else with writing.
Sincerely,
MrTalljoker




User avatar
530 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 530

Donate
Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:21 pm
Renard wrote a review...



Ok this piece is really long... XD

WWW (what went well)

1. the interaction between the characters and their general characterisation, you got them to sound like real people
2. the brief interludes of description

EBI (even better if)

1. 'the boy' you checked on punctuation, capital letters and stuff
2. there was a little more description. Because to be frank, it looks more like a script as opposed to a novel chapter.

Not necessarily a problem. Just an observation. :)

Good job though.






Thanks for the review.

On the punctuation, the periods in the quotes are intentional (style decision). Therefore, I treated the capitalization as if I'd used commas.
And I've heard the script comment a few times. I don't know if I'll include more description when I revise: we'll see.



User avatar
317 Reviews


Points: 20
Reviews: 317

Donate
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:50 pm
lostthought wrote a review...



lostthoughts911 says...


This is absolutely different than what people usually write. People don't usually post their arguments with their characters. They would simply be too embarrassed. I found this chapter humorous and entertaining. Are you going to write more?

Same person. That's me. Now I'm just down right mad at you




User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 273
Reviews: 8

Donate
Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:48 am
View Likes
Johannah says...



Haha, I had fun re-reading that. It's been a while. :)




User avatar
1334 Reviews


Points: 25864
Reviews: 1334

Donate
Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:06 pm
View Likes
Hannah wrote a review...



Hey, Knight Dragon!

I'm dropping by the first chapter with just a couple grammar errors to point out.

That’s ugly, worse than silver.


This is a comma splice! You can read more about it and how to fix it in this article from the Knowledge Base:

Comma splices

you’re name references the Lower Shou


you're = you are, so this should be your

At this point I also want to note that I'm not getting some of your references, which can be potentially alienating to your readers. The big problem was not so much names that I didn't know (like who is this Lower Shou? and I assume video game characters mentioned earlier -- the purple eyed ones), but the reference to whatever was going on with your word and the "fixing pronouns". I had no idea what that entire argument was about, so it just made me want to skip dialogue when the topic came up again. I understand this is totally written true to your experience, but it's also fiction -- you can bend it a bit to be more clear or exciting. ;)

or at least that’s what it looks like to me


Here's a sudden shift to present tense, which I thought you were avoiding. ;D

Oh wait, I forgot.” I said sarcastically


And here, you're missing proper dialogue punctuation. There should be commas before and after, because "I said sarcastically" doesn't stand as a sentence on its own.

So far, I'm pretty interested. I know this is far more fun for you, because you know what stories and video game characters you're talking about. I don't mean that I want you to just explain them all to me -- 'cause that would be info dump and too annoying, but maybe something like you did with the purple eyed video game ladies. We didn't HAVE to know the reference to know what purpose they served in this narrative. Can we get generalities about your paladin, rogue, gypsy, rover etc. categories??

On to chapter two, 'cause I'm determined to read this through to your latest chapter!
I'm also going to give you a different review for the stand alone version you submitted to the contest, so no worries. (:






Glad you like the series. Well, here's to answer all of the writing related pointers.
"That's ugly, worse than silver" is not a comma splice: a comma splice is fusing two sentences together with a comma and omitting the coordinating conjunction. If I put a period in place of that comma, then the second portion would be "worse than silver" used as a complete sentence, which it is not. That would then make it a fragment. So, accordingly, that sentence stands as is.
Yes, that is a typographical, human-related error I haven't fixed yet. I shall fix that in the near future.
"That's" is a contraction that is typically associated with "that is". However, it can be used in the past tense, in which it means "that was". So I didn't shift tenses there, although I might consider un-contracting it for that reason.
I attempt to explain all references at some point. I wasn't planning on having to explain all these references originally; this was a true 'fluke' story, hence the name of the stand alone.
Dialogue! This was written in my experimental quotation system, as detailed by this article http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/336 ... ?chapter=1 I know it's a bit frustrating for most readers, and I've considered switching to the 'accepted' format during the revision process, but since these are the rough drafts it is as it stands for now. Whether that stays that way remains to be seen.
I will work on my references as best I can. However, the other ladies referenced aren't video game characters; but will you meet them? :D



Hannah says...


I read it as that stylistic fragment sentence that functions as a whole sentence with an implied subject. Just imagining this -- That's ugly. Worse than silver. -- made me feel more comfortable. It also sticks with what I imagine the rhythm of the dialogue would be.

The present tense I was referencing was not the "that's", but the "looks", which should be looked?

You'll excuse my second reference to dialogue punctuation in the next review, since I obviously didn't have this information about your intention with the punctuation. :)





Understood and acknowledged. I shall deeply consider it during the revision process.

*face palms* Well that was brilliant. I can't believe I didn't see that. Thank you, that shall be fixed as well.

Yes, I shall. You are not the first, nor shall you be the last, that does not like the punctuation on their first encounter. :) [you see what I just did there??? :D ]



Hannah says...


Haha, actually didn't notice the punctuation until the sentence that I pointed out, which meant it was flying under my radar for most of this section. xD



User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:15 am
View Likes
KnightTeen wrote a review...



Hey DOP. Or Dragon. Or Phoenix. Whatever you prefer.

I saw you dominating the Green Room, and it led me to this. I figured I should read the first two chapters before I tackled the rest. (Smart, aren't I?)


"Well, the worst we can do is sit here and play." the boy said to the girl, shaking his head. Do you have any ideas


Now, there is nothing wrong with this sentence. I would however, suggest that you use an
-ly word to describe how the boy is saying this to the girl. This will act as sort of a mood setter. Is he happy? sad? annoyed? bored? You can use an -ly word to convey that.

"Well, I'm getting out." Nisei said, reaching for the page. I simply tapped his hands away from the paper, keeping him in the Third World. "Hey, that's not fair!" he yelled at me, shaking a fist in defiance.


You switched pretty abruptly from third to first person. Since there really isn't that much third person anyway, I would recommend changing the whole thing over to first, unless you like it the way that it is.

*EDIT* Upon reading further, I have discovered that the (I) does not refer to Fiera, as I first thought. The transition is still pretty abrupt though, and I think you should give some indication of the other person watching them. Unless it is your intention to have your readers caught by surprise. It could really go either way.

"You are here for my entertainment." I told him. "I have little else to do, and as a Viewer, I can control your life and death."


I don't know if this was your intention, but I cracked up at this line.

"Let's see, you're name references the Lower Shou."

You are name references the Lower Shou.

"For starters, the key trio: Serna, Finch, and I think I settled on Mikah."


Here you say trio but you only list two names.


Okay, overall, this is absolutely brilliant. I know from personal experience that I do some of my best work when I am bored, and this is definitely the case here. You wrote this brilliantly.

There is so much craziness in here that I think that no one except a fellow writer would understand.

I have a recommendation for you, nominate this for the KOTGR library. Don't laugh at me, because I am serious. If you don't, I will.

And if you do, consider this your first review for that.

Peace,
HT

PS
I later discovered that this for some reason didn't post. That's why it went up after my review on chapter two.






I go by whatever you address me as. Your corrections understood and acknowledged. With the trio, Serna, Finch, and Mikah. I just said I didn't remember if I'd settled on Mikah or not.
I hadn't heard of the KOTGR library until you mentioned it. I'll think about it.
I'm glad you liked the story, and hope you enjoy the rest of the series



User avatar
308 Reviews


Points: 31200
Reviews: 308

Donate
Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:38 pm
View Likes
GoldFlame wrote a review...



Really unique idea! Did you have a fun time writing it? I love the whole First, Second, and Third Worlder idea, and you were able to incorporate a fair bit of humor. I laughed so much!

Well, I really don't have much to say here...

I do agree with previous reviewers on the goods and the bads. For instance, grammatical mistakes...

Your grammar was good overall. However, with dialogue, you kept using periods before the speaker's tags instead of commas, and it is my opinion that you could be a little more creative with where you're placing the speaker's tags (and sometimes the speaker's tags themselves). I would also appreciate a little less of dialogue and a little more narration, but maybe that's just a personal preference? Now that that's covered, I wondered why you were capitalizing things like Present Tense and Capital. May be distracting to readers?

The beginning was comical, but I got the wrong impression when you said "boy" and "girl." It was a strange way of introducing your characters, as well.

I probably sounded nitpicky there, but understand that I really enjoyed this!!!! Can't wait to read more!

Flame






Thank you for the review. Grammar: this was an experiment in punctuation. That is, I was playing around with an entirely different system of quotation punctuation. The periods are intentional; for a full explanation, read http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/336 ... ?chapter=1

Also, anything grammatically related that gets talked about in the narrative gets capitalized. It's just a writer thing for me.

I have more actual narrative in later chapters. This started out as something I was doing just for fun at the time (I seriously had nothing better to do with my time), so I wrote this spontaneously, and haven't edited anything. Nick (Nisei's name that stuck) and Fiera will probably have their 'final' age edited to something different, due to the numeric and behavioral discrepancies.



GoldFlame says...


Ahhh...okay. So I take those things back. :D And I definitely believe that you had fun writing this!





Yeah, it was fun. My choices were a) argue with two new characters and have fun while doing it, or b) sit and mope and stew about the computer's Internet access being next to worthless.
And please if you like it remember to click that little star at the top right of the page! Enjoy reading the rest of the series (if you choose to, which I would recommend, since it has more 'narrative' to it).
<I> A penny for your thoughts, sir...</I>



User avatar
229 Reviews


Points: 11589
Reviews: 229

Donate
Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 pm
View Likes
SushiSashimi333 wrote a review...



This was just beautiful! I love the way that you brought yourself into the story and actually discussed what you were going to do with your story! I have not yet seen a book quite like that, which is good because it makes this all the more unique. With just the dialogue you really brought forth your characters, showing their personality and such. Despite this being mostly dialogue and barely any thought, I could imagine this all perfectly. You really did a good job here and I was completely captured within the first paragraph. I was at first a little confused what you mean by third world and first world and the such, but I am going to guess it has something to do with the way this story is told. There were some grammatical errors which I see Word was giving you a hard time with XD so you can probably just edit that on the site here. A lot easier, no auto correct. I shall definitely go read the next chapters, and I can see why this was a hit!
Sushi :D






Glad you liked it. Yes, those terms will get explained later on. And the pronoun issue came from experimenting with a new punctuation style for quotations. But glad you liked it, and enjoy the rest of the series!



User avatar
332 Reviews


Points: 10657
Reviews: 332

Donate
Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:07 am
View Likes
Blackwood says...



I think this is great. Good work.
Personally I'd enjoy it more if they were younger, like 12, and not "teens..." grrr...especially since you said 'boy' and 'girl' at the start I got that impression( not to mention she completely acts like shes 12 in this and the other chapters). Plus it adds to the metaphor of them being children to your mind who are still developing, that leaves them room to grow. (figuratively and literally)






I wrote this spontaneously, as with every chapter, and at the time that just felt right, since the teenage years are the most developmental stage of like. But actually Fiera has turned into an attempt to write an older character better (than I have in the past), so in that sense Fiera is as old as 18-19ish. This is just a 'younger version' of her.
But thanks for the review, and glad you liked it!





*most developmental stage of LIFE. I hate when that happens.



Blackwood says...


She is acting 12................





Well, like I said this wasn't planned out. But if/when I do revise, I'll probably make some changes, including her age.



Blackwood says...


I think you could have them age as you go



Random avatar

Points: 345
Reviews: 30

Donate
Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:41 pm
View Likes
buddy886551 says...



Loved it!






Thanks! And please don't forget to click "like" at the top right of the page.



User avatar
508 Reviews


Points: 11370
Reviews: 508

Donate
Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:24 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...



Thank you all for your support of this story! I'm really surprised to see how popular it's been over here. I had it up on another writing site, and my typical readers were only people I knew in real life. So thank you for all your comments and support! Enjoy the series.




Random avatar

Points: 1659
Reviews: 18

Donate
Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:26 pm
View Likes
lostthoughts911 says...



This is absolutely different than what people usually write. People don't usually post their arguments with their characters. They would simply be too embarrassed. I found this chapter humorous and entertaining. Are you going to write more?






Yes, I'm definitely going to write more. Actually, I already have the second chapter up. Hope you enjoy!



User avatar


Points: 426
Reviews: 4

Donate
Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:59 pm
View Likes
DKChris wrote a review...



Well, at first glance of the title I didn't know what I was about to walk into at all. I have to say, it was quite enjoyable. I think it was indeed creative and anyone who has ever written for a long length of time has probably had this happen to them, to some extent.. I say keep going. I would love to see what you do with this. The way you incorporated multiple worlds so easily from the start really open up limitless options for this stories future. I look forward to seeing more!

DK






Glad you liked it! Thanks for the review.



User avatar
124 Reviews


Points: 495
Reviews: 124

Donate
Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:16 am
View Likes
Liaya wrote a review...



Haha, this is great. I love the conversation (argument) going on between you and your characters. I've had some pretty realistic arguments with mine, too! You address a lot of typical writer problems that I imagine most people on this site would be able to sympathize with. When I realized what you were doing, I couldn't stop smiling. Thanks for the fun read!






Hey, no problem. So, since this is such a big hit, do you think I should post more? Yes there are more chapters, a little over a dozen more.



Liaya says...


Haha, I wouldn't mind you posting more! I thought it was fun.



Malachi says...


I can't wait for the time when my characters become this real . . . well I think I can't. If I have any characters like Fiera it might not be so fun :) Just kidding, Liaya this is a great series, keep reading it, you'll really enjoy it.




You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese