z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The One Who Must Not Be Named

by Ishan212


You are him

He is you

The boy with the scar on his head.

And the one who gave the curse

The one who must not be named.

You are him

When showering love on your friends all life

He is you

When you March ahead, with your pals paying the price.

You are him

The day you feel different and unique

He is you when you

Where you fall and rise

And accomplish what you call noble deeds.

You are him

If you lose but yet you win

He is you

If you brought fame to yourself

And glory to your kin.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 23

Donate
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:39 am
Bhaavya Singh wrote a review...



THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME!! It's brilliant how you wrote the relation between Harry and Voldemort. You have gone very deep in the story and it's really great.
This is the best poetry on the Harry Potter theme.
I am a huge Potterhead and this is a thing meant for Potterheads to love. Just keep on the good work and thank you for this one.




Ishan212 says...


Thank You Bhaavya Singh!
Finally found someone really liking the poem.



User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 1788
Reviews: 20

Donate
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:52 am
maishaywca says...



Hey!

This one is awesome!




Ishan212 says...


Thanks A lot!!!
Only a true Potterhead could relate to it.



maishaywca says...


Yep.



User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 29

Donate
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:06 pm
lemonboi wrote a review...



Okay, correct me if i'm wrong, but this gave me HUGE Harry Potter vibes. Honestly this is awesome, this is the first piece of poetry that [i think] is about Harry Potter.

I think it's really cool that it kind of followed the plotline of the books. To me, it was based of the last book am I right? I think your language is on point and I don't see any grammar issues because, of coarse, punctuation in poetry has weird rules. XD

In line 9:

When you March ahead, with your pals paying the price.

I think you probably could have chosen a better word for "pals" just, you know, based on your style. But otherwise I don't think there was anything else.

Once again, I want to say that this is amazing. Not only because of everything I mentioned earlier, but also it's a really developed piece. You made me feel more of the story by so vaguely telling it in your own words.

But then again, this could be about anything else, so I'm sorry if I'm completely wrong in assuming this was HP. I'm just a huge potterhead!

Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!




User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 3476
Reviews: 125

Donate
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:37 pm
LakeOfCancer wrote a review...



I love this, I may not know who this about in your poem, but I love it nonetheless!:)

I don't really have that many suggestions, for you. Maybe just look over it to see if there's any punctuation errors n it, like adding commas and whatnot. I think you did wonderfully, so I can't wait to read more of your poems and the like! Keep up the fantastical work!:)

~ Lake:D




DeerInBacPac says...


*chokes on cocoa because you don't know what Harry Potter is*



LakeOfCancer says...


o.o

oh...



Ishan212 says...


profile/Flumadiddle

Read the first line as thinking about Potter and the second keeping Voldemort in mind.

Then tell me if I understand Harry Potter or not.



User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 pm
Radrook wrote a review...



I really enjoyed reading this poem for its mysterious tone, rhythm and content. I did try to perceive a difference between the shifts between he being him and in being him. But I failed to see any differences that might lend me a clue to a meaning. So the poem's charm lies in its paradoxically unsolvable essence as far as I am concerned.

Suggestion:

One suggestion is to space the copyright away from the poem since the way it is now it seems to be par of it. In fa, I actually attempted to read it that way.





Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett