Home » Literary works » Poetry » Review

by ForeverYoung299

A little poem which I wrote as a thanks of gratitude to YWS

Pokeberry111 wrote a review...

Hello Boo
It’s Berry!

Hello, ForeverYoung299. I’m here to say I felt this poem as I’m addicted to YWS as well. I would be sad if something happened to my account or to anyone here as I have built up such a great community of friends, I think, on here. The relationships, fun, and memories I have made here already are already deep and make me happy..

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:38 am
InJung15 says...

Great idea to write about YWS, very creative indeed.

It may look quite simple to what meets the eye, but once you read it, it looks ten times better. Your use of language and rhyme really gave the poem a nice flow. I liked how you said I am addicted but also gifted, took a quick turn from a usually negative connotation to an immediate positive one, very creative!

Overall, nice and quite short but its the perfect amount of short, congrats on making the literary spotlight!! Cant wait to see more of your writings!

stygianmoon17 says...

Congrats for first place in the spotlight !!
This is such a lovely poem, totally deserves it <333333

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:10 pm
MomoMajesty says...

I love it!!!

Thanks!!

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:14 pm
MapleWay wrote a review...

Wow! This was such a great idea! YWS is such a great place and I too have found so much joy in it! Anyways onto the review!

"To YWS I am addicted,
But then also I must say
I am gifted"

I love the oxymoron you used here! It changes something that would regularly be bad into a special gift. (Also, now is a good time to say I really like the font you have been using lately!)

"In a month or two
I can't imagine
A day without it."

I totally agree with you here! I too have only been a part of YWS for almost 2 months and it has become such a big part of my life!

Anyways great poem ad congrats on the literary spotlight! Well deserved!

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:33 am
akanbright wrote a review...

I kinda like this script. Its nice that you wrote this in appraisal to to youngwriterssociety. The poem is a scanty one and I seem to love it. The way the poem flows is very good and Amazing. You tried to make the poem a bit rhymic in nature and it's cool. Trying to put words together to actually make sense is really hard but it's nice anyways.
One thing i think you should learn is that you should try either using enjambment, blankverse or freeverse to make your work a nice one.
It's a really good one and I bless God for it that at least someone decided to appreciate yws in poetry.

akanbright says...

No probs, ur welcome

Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle