z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Addictions

by anne27


I am tired of hard things

And hard ways

Want it to be easy

To live everyday

If I can't solve my problems

I don't wish to try

Do I even care

Of what it might imply?

I am busy finding the easy.

~~~

I'm tired of going in my mind

The thoughts that lie there!!

Those are bad thoughts, I hate 'em

And in my own mind too, life isn't fair!

If I don't want to think about them

I won't , you see

I'll find something to distract myself,

And from my thoughts, I'll flee

I am busy finding the easy.

~~~

I'm tired of working today,

With no appreciation whatsoever

The sea of motivation dried up

Still my parents want me to endeavor.

If I'm sick of work

Why should I do it?

I don't want to give it my endless time

So I will quit.

I am busy finding the easy.

~~~

And what is that easy?

Addictions! Additions! Addictions!

A pleasurable dopamine release

(Also a heavy source of afflictions!)

Now, watching YouTube all day

Is,too, becoming a strenuous task

Guilt, regret, trauma and pain

I crumple before it- and I ask

'Hey Missy! When will you find the easy!?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 1367
Reviews: 29

Donate
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:52 pm
Shayna Basu wrote a review...



Hey there!!!! just checking in for a quick review
firstly congratulations for your amazing poem that deals with all those people out there who willingly let themselves get injured only because they feel that they don't belong and they don't appreciate the things they are gifted with ...... The poem that reveals a grim reality of how peoples intentional mishaps of getting addicted ultimately cause their downfall ....
This poem highlights the crucial weakness of humans during times of trouble and distress.... they tend to overlook what's best for them and thus escape from reality and enter a gateway to affliction and seamless pleasure via their addictions......
Your poem opens the eyes of such people alike facing similar issues ....... Those who choose the convenient easier path than the right one only because they have already given up and are too coward to admit their actions....
Wonderful work !!!!




User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 148
Reviews: 45

Donate
Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:01 am
View Likes
yumi says...



This is: relatable, readably faultlessly flowing emotional poetry!
It hit me the harder for having experienced addictions of my own, as well as seeing others go through it. (My step-dad is addicted to substances.)
Extremely well written! <3




anne27 says...


Thanks a lot yumi!! :D



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 4
Reviews: 12

Donate
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:24 pm
View Likes
AbduBinSaj8 wrote a review...



Hey there, I hope things will get easier for you.
Abdu is really sad after reading this poem. I can highly relate to this poem since I've seen my best friend suffering from addiction. He's becoming like a walking corpse day by day. He knows something's wrong with him. He knows he needs help. But he can't get any. Because in this part of the world (South Asia), people addicted to drugs are seen very superstitiously. Nobody helps them. Many despise them heavily and socially abandons them. The parents of the addicted person also becomes helpless as the infrastructure to help fight addiction isn't good. Besides, rehabilitation needs a lot of money. And my friend's family isn't financially well-off. I'm seeing him rot in front of my very eyes, and yet I can do nothing for him. I even get scolded by my parents for meeting with him.

Anyway, moving on,
Your poem deserves a good 10 out of 10.
It's very touching. The words flow very nicely. There are certain poems that are very difficult to read, despite having very good choice of words. Your poem doesn’t have the slightest bit of it. So I can say that the choice of words is top-tier without any doubt. But what I liked the most is the composition. The transition from "I'm tired..." to "I am busy finding the easy." was very smooth.

"I'm busy finding the easy."
This is a pretty catchy line. And I must say, you've made very good use of it. You've made it's use even better by asking the question "When will you find the easy!?" at the end of the poem. I was moved a lot by this poem. It's very wonderful.

Good luck for your next writing.




anne27 says...


Thanks a ton Abdu for your wonderful review!! :D
Hope your friend finds help and has a bright future :l ...although my addiction is just with internet, this poem had targeted all types of addictions since they all work on the same principle. https://youtu.be/WxDStOiWUDc
Maybe this video could help your friend since its about making habits and also breaking bad ones..
Thanks fr asking :) things have lightened up a lot for me now.



User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 84
Reviews: 15

Donate
Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:49 pm
View Likes
AndyS6 wrote a review...



Your poem is very well written and thought out. It is very relatable. The flow and rhyme to it is written in a way to emphasize the meaning behind it.

I can relate very much to your poem, which makes the meaning worth that much more.

Great poem and great meaning. I hope if this is a reflection on your life, that it will get easier and things will get better. :)




anne27 says...


Thanks a ton for the review Andy!! Things are getting a little better each day! :) Wish for a bright future for you !!



User avatar
66 Reviews


Points: 4785
Reviews: 66

Donate
Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:05 pm
View Likes
aooborromeo wrote a review...



I have quite enjoyed this piece. It's very casual, and I like that. Very simple; which is a good thing. When poetry is written in this particular style, it is very easy for it to be poorly crafted or not pleasing on the tongue when read out loud (like most poetry is). This is very different and I feel the message you are trying to bring with this poem. The emotions that are being brought about with your choice of words are great! I see the chaotic but strained need that the speaker has for the kind of life he/she wants. Lovely job! Only remember to review your poem for grammar issues. One tip: when writing poetry the best way to review it is to read it out loud. It's easier to find issues regarding the flow, word choices, and the message. Great poem! Keep it up!




anne27 says...


Thank you so much for the review aooborromeo!! :D Great advice! I'll make sure to follow it.



User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 12
Reviews: 42

Donate
Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:24 pm
View Likes
EsmerayaRose says...



I have no words for this piece it's something I never read before. I am speechless and that's a good thing because I'm never speechless but to read this it sounds like I'm reading a professional poet. It's incomparable, to be honest. I can't compare it to anything but I can say
you did a phenomenal job.




anne27 says...


Aww...Thanks a lot yonia (if I may call u that). This was really deep. Means a lot to me... :D




while she was studying the ways of pasta he was studying the ways of the sword
— soundofmind