z

Young Writers Society



.

by HolographicLadybug



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1081 Reviews


Points: 220
Reviews: 1081

Donate
Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:26 am
Virgil wrote a review...



Yams here for a review!

I felt like everything after the fourth paragraph was weaker than the rest. The imagery kind of leaves and it just goes on to stuff we've heard before. I don't think I've heard "skins of an onion" before.

I'm supposing "shad" is supposed to be "shade".

The "Ugh!" at the end really makes it less poetic and it just feels stupid to have it there. Anyone can do an "Ugh!" for a line and it feels unnecessary.

Have a great day!




User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 325
Reviews: 19

Donate
Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:08 pm
Chakeber wrote a review...



This is really good. One minor spell check before the juicy stuff- I think it needs to be "shade" of red and not "shad"

Moving on, I got some different vibes here. I am guessing it was about card games, poker maybe, and you were cheating. And you stopped saying sorry for cheating people out of their money so you accepted all of this guilt that destroyed you. if that was the vibe you were trying to put out, than great job. If not, try making it a little more clear.

It was really great though. You did wonderfully.






Actually, it was not poker. The narrator was going to cheat and actually did without getting caught, but that was only because they got destroyed in the first place.



User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:38 pm
mmd9987 says...



This is really good .. so good job keep making more.





As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
— Pablo Neruda