Summer portrait

by Buranko

The earth was trembling from
Sun and water
Summer's tender snow
Melting in your hands

The wind and its whispers
Giggles in your hair
He smiles looking at me
Playfully

I am standing still
Between insects and songs
Measuring the amount of grass blades
Surrounding your legs

MapleWay wrote a review...

Hey there! MapleWay here dropping by with a quick review!

Wow. This poem was so relaxing and soothing. I really enjoyed reading it! My favorite part had to be the "Summer's tender snow Melting in your hands." It fit so well into the poem! And I know at this point I'm kinda just repeating what everyone else has said but I could really think of what else I could say. Anyways fantastic poem! Definitely deserved a literary spotlight!

BlueGlow wrote a review...

This is a nice relaxing poem. I think you convey the emotion of summer quite well. Describing wind as a whimsical, playful character as if it were a person is a nice touch that really elevates the mood. However, I feel that your first stanza could use a bit of work, after reading over it several times I'm not sure what it is saying. Perhaps a revision of it could help. All in all a nice little piece! Happy writing!

Buranko says...

Do you know the way that heat makes stuff look like. The blurred, watery like surface. I tried to show that. And by summer's snow I showed how soft the earth is in some moist places, the mud balls or stuff like that

BlueGlow says...

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification

Tue May 04, 2021 3:29 am
Stellarjay says...

This was so calming to read. It reminded me of blue skies and warm hugs.
I hope you are doing well this lovely day or night.
- Stellarjay

Buranko says...

<3333 you too

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell