Love chapter 5

by umaima

Part 5

I placed my bag down and sat near Frank. If this hadn’t been the only place left, I would have never sat here.

“Oh, so now you are following me?” Frank taunted looking at me.

“Follow you? Yeah right” I responded while trying to control my anger.

“So why did you follow me?” he gave a smirk as he spoke.

“Don’t get on my nerves” I warned Frank but was he to listen, No. He is just a pain…

“I guess Jade was right, you do really like me”

“I DO NOT LIKE YOU” I shouted and now I could feel all eyes on us…more specifically on ME.

“Miss. Richards” Busted… “OUT, NOW” Sure, I would love that “I will get you later” I whispered to Frank while he laughed at me and I started to walk out of the class.

“You too Frank” , Lameor shouted …he grinned and picked up his bag, this time I smiled and we both stepped out of the class.

“Look what you did” he complained as soon as we were out.

“What I did? You were the one who was acting all…”

“Stuck? Should I help Miss. Crybaby with vocabulary too now?”

I stepped on his foot hard “Ouch” he complained again and... ‘that felt better’ that's what my brai

“Zip it, I am real irritated right now” I said

He chuckled. Yeah sure laugh all you want. This will be your last.

For an hour or so we stood there. Yeah I know, we could have left but in my school you can’t skip on punishments…out of class means to ‘stand’ out of the class for the whole time. I was scrolling through my mobile, messages, notifications…come on something when I suddenly got one. Finally…

“Sorry Suzan, couldn’t come to school today, there was something up at home” It was Jade, the whole reason I came to school…great “But we still meet at my house at 8, the party preparations are still going on so if you come early, you do the work XD… and Suzan I bet you want to check the link below” There was a link to some facebook page “You are going to freak out after seeing this…and the same post is on twitter too, please tell me this is just something Sam made up” SAM…Of course…she was a real pain in my life. Ever since kinder-garden she had always been embarrassing me. My life’s misery…She was as Immature as a 2 year old. Dark brown hair covered her forehead and she had light brown eyes which made her face look innocent (though she wasn’t even close to it).

“NEW WAY OF EXPRESSING LOVE, SUZAN CONFESSES TO FRANK. THE ARROGANT CAT IS FINALLY IN LOVE.” and there was a photo of me and Frank below…What the… I said I didn’t like him, she is so toast and more of all How can she call me an arrogant cat…ah that’s it, she is so dead. I looked at frank and figured he was staring at me too.

“Are you going to kill Sam or should I?” I knew he had seen it too, his expression clearly showed it. I wasn’t really surprised how fast the news had spread though… There were already 248 comments on the post and 498 likes and it had only been 10 mins yet. I read some of the totally ‘absurd’ comments, they were all like

“I knew she liked him”

“She is just another cunning fox who wants more attention”

“Frank always spoke about her”

“The angry birds finally became love birds lol”

“Franks smiling at her, means he likes her too. Ah! How can he like such a freak?”

False, Weird, False, Weird and hey, I am not a freak! Nothing was true here, so much for honesty.

“Let’s both kill her” Frank replied still looking at his phone “After, Mrs. Lameor finishes her class” He seemed really angry, He had to be.

I kept reading the comments while he on the other hand was solving some math’s problem which basically I couldn’t understand according to him, though I do admit I wouldn’t have got it. There was an awkward silence after that which I more or less expected.

Tring, the bell rang and everyone got out except Sam and Lamer. They both kept talking and finally stepped out of the class.

“Suzan you will be cleaning the auditorium today, that’s your punishment for the reckless behavior” Mrs. Lamer said and Sam smirked. Sam you are dead, I mouthed to her. “Only Suzan as Frank is very good in his academics his punishment is withdrawn” lamer continued. ‘That is so unfair. Wait a second’ I thought and an idea came into my mind. I pushed Frank towards Mrs. Lamer as she started to walk in the other direction and they both fell down, Goal.

“Mr. Franklin Collins, what on earth is wrong with you?”

“I…”

“Not another word, you clean the Audi too, ah! Teenagers” and lamer walked away. Frank got up and looked at me after giving a finishing to his clothes. Opps, he gave me the ‘You are dead’ look and at that moment there was only one thing for me to do and I unfortunately couldn't do well.Run.

I ran as fast as I could picking my pace every second or should i say hopped like a fool? If it wasn't for the crowd there blocking Frank's way I would have been dead by now. Finally I saw the girls restroom, Jackpot and I 'hopped' inside. As soon as I opened the door I could feel all eyes on me, a felt a horribly embarrassing sensation inside me though there stood only one person. This is not what I really expected, strike that jackpot, I…was actually in the boys restroom.

“Suzan” mason shouted or at least it looked like that to me. His eyes lit with astonishment and I knew why…I was in the boys bathroom, that’s why! “What on…” he started to continue but Frank came inside busting the door open. Oh Crap…I looked at Mason then at Frank then again at Mason and ran behind him.

“You are dead Suzan” Frank shouted and Mason turned to face me, his face filled with confusion

“I kind of got him in detention” I replied to his look and lowered my eyes chuckling to myself

“You what?”

“She got me in the worst of all punishments, this little...”

“Wow! Now that is what you call awesome…you got the goodie too shoes to clean the audi, I always waited for this day, anyways see you guys later I got to pick someone right now sorry Suzan can’t help you on this…After all he is my best friend” He winked at me and headed towards the door but paused and turned back saying “You might want to take the fight somewhere else…Suzan this is …er…the boys…”

“LEAVE” Frank shouted

“Going, going” Mason whispered under his tongue and left…

I kept staring at Frank for no reason and barely was able to control my laughter. Frank started coming closer to me, automatically making me go steps back and when he just 10 inches away from me his anger seemed to have faded away. He looked straight in my eyes, deeply inside them like he was trying to search something, something which they never had. I kept staring for 10 seconds and my body started getting tensed after all I was in the…er… wrong place. The nervousness got to my cheeks and I blushed as Frank took a step closer and then…then was when the weirdest thing happened…

For the record, today was a totally weird day and a disaster.

---------------

Sorry for making it this late...anyways I thought of changing the tile...how about making it 'Of all people, Why him?' and if not this then I am open to suggestions here...hope you like it

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:50 pm
Rydia wrote a review...

Hello! I've not read the earlier parts so if I point out anything which you think you've already covered in a previous section, you'll need to use your superior knowledge to decide if it needs looking into or not. On to the review!

1. I think it would be nice to see the main character's despair at looking around the classroom and not being able to find another seat. Maybe even have them consider perching on the edge of someone else's - I've done that before the teacher told me to get my own.

2. You don't need to use caps to show your characters are shouting! That's very unprofessional and you should be able to use your dialogue and maybe the occasional exclamation point to show that your characters are angry. Using full caps is more likely to give people a headache and then you'll get one as well while we all try to explain why we hate them so much ;)

3.

I think you forgot to finish your sentence!

4. The description of Sam feels a little out of place. It's good to know who she is, but we don't need to know what she looks like since she hadn't physically stepped into the story yet. Try to only describe things your character can actually see, or the thoughts in her head. That will keep us immersed in the story.

5. I think it's less likely for Frank to have seen it already - girls tend to be more up on social media than boys. Or that's why I've found anyway. It might be more realistic if the main character shows him her phone and then asks her question.

6. The teacher doesn't seem to be a very realistic character. I feel like she's not very intelligent and her punishment is unrealistic and doesn't match up to the crime. If someone's being disruptive in class, normally they go to detention or they have to do an after school homework session - I've never heard of teachers making students clean a room before.

7. How come Mason knows the punishment before he'd told? Remember to try and be realistic! Unless this is a punishment always given out, he really shouldn't know what it is.

This is more interesting than most love stories which I've read so kudos for that! I also like that she ended up in the boy's toilets and I'm pretty sure the rumours are going to get even worse now, but it might have been better if you ended the chapter with Frank saying she wasn't worth hitting and walking out, then her walking out as well, only to find someone staring at them.

My main advice to you is to work on the character of the teacher to make her more realistic and to take a little more time to describe your character's emotions and to set the scenes. At the moment there isn't much tension because it's all very fast paced, but if you described the setting more, you could build a stronger atmosphere. Think about all five of the senses - what does she smell as she ducks into the boys' bathroom? Does she step on any toilet paper on the floor? When she runs behind Mason, does she grab onto his top to hold him there? When Frank nears her, can she feel the hot air coming out of his mouth as he breathes heavily from the run?

Think a little more about those small details and that will give you a stronger story!

All the Best,

Heather xx

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:56 pm
manisha wrote a review...

Hey umaima!
As I haven't read the previous chapters this will be based on this chapter alone.
I'll review as I read. I hope you don't mind if I'm blunt in the review.

“Oh, so now you are following me?” Frank taunted, looking at me.
A comma after taunted.

Your dialogues don't have the right punctuation. I'll just run you through it.
"I'll call you later," Tim said.
Tim said, “Call me tomorrow.”
“Call me,” Tim said, “tomorrow.”
“Call me tomorrow,” Tim said. “I need to talk to you.”

I hope I haven't confused you!

This should be framed like this-
“Don’t get on my nerves” I warned Frank but was he to listen? No. He is just a pain…
And the usage of ellipsis (...) is unnecessary. You have used them in a couple of more places. You use them when you want to leave a dialogue open.

I guess this sentence is incomplete.

Yeah sure laugh all you want.
Yeah,sure, laugh all you want.

I was scrolling through my mobile, messages, notifications…come on something when I suddenly got one. Finally…
This sounds kinda awkward. I suggest you rephrase it.
I was scrolling through my mobile, messages, notifications....Come on, something! when I suddenly got one. Finally!

Ever since kinder-garden she had always been embarrassing me. My life’s misery…She was as Immature as a 2 year old.
Kinder-garden is kindergarten.
Immature doesn't need to be capitalized.

“Sorry Suzan, couldn’t come to school today, there was something up at home” It was Jade, the whole reason I came to school…great “But we still meet at my house at 8, the party preparations are still going on so if you come early, you do the work XD… and Suzan I bet you want to check the link below” There was a link to some facebook page “You are going to freak out after seeing this…and the same post is on twitter too, please tell me this is just something Sam made up”

I didn't know this was a message at first. Maybe you could mention that so that the reader is not confused?
And you could put the sentences about Sam in a new para.

Whoa! The whole thing is messed up with grammatical mistakes.

“NEW WAY OF EXPRESSING LOVE- SUZAN CONFESSES TO FRANK. THE ARROGANT CAT IS FINALLY IN LOVE.” And there was a photo of me and Frank below.What the- I said I didn’t like him. She is so toast and more of all how can she call me an arrogant cat? Ah, that’s it, she is so dead. I looked at Frank and figured he was staring at me[s] too]/s].

I read some of the totally ‘absurd’ comments, they were all like

“I knew she liked him”

Restructure-

I read some of the totally ‘absurd’ comments. They were all like-

“I knew she liked him”

Tring,. the bell rang and everyone got out except Sam and Lamer.

Sam you are dead, I mouthed to her.
As this isn't a thought you need to put " Sam you are dead" in italics. And there is a comma after Sam.

If I start nitpicking all the grammar mistakes this review will probably go on forever!

You really really need to give it a read again. Its full of minor typos and grammatical mistakes. I'm not a grammar guru but I'll be happy to help you in that area! Let me know if you wanna work on it. There is a lot of misplaced punctuations, some unnecessary.

I'll leave you with a few links that you could read to help with the grammar.
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-English-Punc ... -Correctly
Commas
Ellipses

And and, the dialogues need working on. You need them to be fresh if not original. And limit the usage of unnecessary words. Read what you have written and check if you could take out any words without lowering the meaning or standard of the language. Use some big words too. Simple is good, but you don't have to limit yourself there. Play around with new words.

And never forget the rule of show and tell.

I'll give you a link for it again!

http://thewritepractice.com/show-dont-tell/

This needs a lot of work. I'll be happy to help you!

Overall, I think you have a good story. You just need to get better putting it into words.

I'm sorry if I was a mean! I love you <3

Hope I helped!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 pm
Deadman wrote a review...

I'm going to start his off by saying that the story line is progressing rather well. Along with that so is your writing. Of course there will be mistakes no one is perfect, so do not let me discourage you wit this review. As I've stated before I'm really enjoying this piece and hope for it to continue in the future. I can tell you've started to proofread, but it's time for someone else to see it and make there comments and that's what I'm here for. Let's get started shall we?

This might just be me but the start had me lost for a second. (Yes I went back and read chapter 4) It was just the wording, I wasn't following it. However this could be just me, but I've personally teased people like this in the past so I have a different understanding of what he would say. For example most people I know, including myself would have said, "Oh, so now you're following me?" Instead of what you wrote, "So, you would follow me anywhere huh?" I just feel like this sentence is awkward. Play with it a bit, really tease her with his words.

Alright this is choppy here and I feel like something is wrong with the grammar. "“Follow you? Please” I replied controlling myself. I was just so unhappy." I would tell you the grammar mistake but I am not very good at it myself. However, we can fix the choppiness by saying this instead, "Follow you, yeah right," I responded while trying to contain my anger." I left out the part about her being unhappy because saying she was angry also covers that.

For this next part I am confused as to what you are trying to get across. "You too Frank” , for this I love you lameor…he grinned and picked his bag, this time I smiled and we both stepped out of the class." I can however tell you that by including the part of thanking Miss Lameor it throws the reader off for a minute. Also you left out a word here, "he grinned and picked his bag" To fix it just insert the word "up" between picked and his.

Here I am so confused I have no recommendations other than read it out loud to yourself and try to clean it up. "I stepped on his foot hard “Ouch” he complained again and ‘that felt better’" What's throwing me off is the 'that felt better' part.

Try to keep with me here I'm going to hit two lines at once. " “Zip it, I am real irritated right now” I said

He chuckled. Yeah sure laugh all you want. This will be your last."

In the first you should make real into really, and add a period at the end. The second line you said that, "This will be your last." This will be his last what? You've left us hanging with an incomplete sentence.

I seem to have found a spelling mistake in this line, "Ever since kinder-garden she had always been embarrassing me. My life’s misery…She was as Immature as a 2 year old." First off it's kindergarten, and secondly I think she needs to be a bit older to be as immature as you'd like to describe her. Try a seven year old.

In this one it could use a small change, "I said I didn’t like him, she is so toast and more of all How can she call me an arrogant cat…ah that’s it, she is so dead." try changing more of all to most of all, flows much better and is grammatically correct.

"I ran as fast as I could picking my pace every second when finally I saw the girls restroom, Jackpot and I ran inside." What what? I thought she hurt her leg and could barley walk, now she's running full speed? Legs don't heal that fast, you should probably review this part.

“Wow! Now that is what you call awesome…you got the goodie too shoes to clean the audi, I always waited for this day, anyways see you guys later I got to pick someone right now sorry Suzan can’t help you on this…After all he is my best friend” Alright time for some work. I'm going to assume some of the grammar issues is the character's style, but this caught my attention. "anyways see you guys later I got to pick someone right now" This is very vague, but I'm going to assume you meant to say "anyways see you guys later I've got to go pick someone up right now."

Overall these are just mistakes that can be found with a little more proofreading. I say it again no one is perfect, for example I've used spell check in this review at least seventy times. Also I posted a story and got it torn to pieces not long ago. Now I would also like to mention that there are capitalization errors throughout the piece names, random capitals, and of the likes. Also you seem to have some symbols in random places throughout the story here are a few examples of the symbols; " '. Those seem to be in some random places.

Anyway this review is long, hope you stuck with me through the whole thing. The story is good regardless of what I've said, and I really really do hope that you continue it. My advice to you is to proofread it a few more times before posting, and when you proofread it say it out loud, you will catch more mistakes that way. So I hope this review has helped and keep in mind most of this is all my opinions you can listen to them or ignore them, it's your story after all.

Cheers,

Deadman

umaima says...

okay about her running I totally forgot about the leg wound...great proofreading...really helped because I really am not the type to read the chapter again after finishing it but I will surely try to do it this time...thanks a lot for your time and your review really helped...*starts editing the chapter*

Deadman says...

Expect a review from me soon, I do not have the time to type it out right now. You'll have it at the latest tomorrow.

umaima says...

great thanks

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster