z

Young Writers Society



A Clock

by Chaser


Social life's like a clock;
They get ticked when you talk.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 918
Reviews: 19

Donate
Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:06 pm
wamdog321 wrote a review...



I think this is great. I think that this is very true. Alot of people when I talk get ticked. So you described life perfectly. And thats what I like about this you summarized this up in two sentences. I also like how you use comparison to make the relationship between the clock and people. It is also how you can go so deep in thought while reading this. Great job and keep writing.




User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 918
Reviews: 19

Donate
Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:04 pm
wamdog321 says...



I think this is great. I think that this is very true. Alot of people when I talk get ticked. So you described life perfectly. And thats what I like about this you summarized this up in two sentences. I also like how you use comparison to make the relationship between the clock and people. It is also how you can go so deep in thought while reading this. Great job and keep writing.




User avatar
207 Reviews


Points: 2577
Reviews: 207

Donate
Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:03 pm
Rin321 says...



That is Hilarious! XD




User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 510
Reviews: 15

Donate
Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 pm
View Likes
null25 says...



You made me laugh out loud in English class...




User avatar
110 Reviews


Points: 3092
Reviews: 110

Donate
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:39 pm
TahaT11n wrote a review...



Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

Thinking deep in a short way? Well, that's something weirdly exceptional.

The theme here is good and "vast" which suggests a loooot can be written about it. But you chose take another route and write it in only two lines. You could have written it in three lines, too. It would become a haiku.

Well, if you're trying to create a new style of poems written in two words, you are welcome to start the effort. But remember, the two lines have to be "deeeeep" enough to express all the thoughts of the poet clearly.




User avatar
1260 Reviews


Points: 1630
Reviews: 1260

Donate
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:34 pm
Elinor wrote a review...



Hi Chaser!

This is really cute, and I see what you did there with the second line. ;) But yeah, like Artemis, I don't have too much to say about it as a whole. It's so short, and doesn't have enough space to really leave much of an impression on me.

It's a good idea for a poem, and it's something I think that you can really run with. Especially if these first two lines are any indication, you're a good writer and this is a premise that I think you can do a lot with. I'm curious to see what other clock related puns you come up with!

Best of luck, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Elinor




User avatar
558 Reviews


Points: 1219
Reviews: 558

Donate
Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:08 pm
erilea wrote a review...



Hey, Chaser!

Well, I honestly don't have much to say... I think this could've been longer. You just say two lines and people are expecting much more. If you do decide to add on, please maintain the puns and all. That's a nice part of it.

Well, I can't say much else! Good job. The idea's extremely funny and cool. Keep writing, Chaser!

-Artemis28





The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath