Favor

by Skydreamer

Show me

how you

love me

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:51 am
KnightTeen wrote a review...

This is short, but I think that it's the shortness of it that makes it powerful.

The thing is, while I think it's good and powerful I'm not sure why exactly I think that. This could be taken so many different ways.

It could be someone begging for another person to show them how exactly the other person feels about them (A girl asking her best friend who she's had a crush on forever comes to mind.)

But then it could be a simple request from one spouse to another.

Or it could be a child pleading to his parent.

Or....

You get the idea.

I think that that is what makes this six word poem so powerful, because it can be interpreted so many different ways.

No two people interpret the same thing the same way. It's kind of like our DNA it can be similar, but there will always be differences.

This is so short that there really is no margin for error. Your grammar is excellent. You might want to consider adding some a period at the end so that people know that this is it. I was a little confused at first, and I have to admit I am still considering the possibility that this got posted missing some stanzas. But that's that only thing that I can suggest.

Anyways, I liked this a lot.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:58 pm
Bugslake wrote a review...

This is really short. That is the most onbvious thing that I can say. You did spell favor right. It seems like this could be a chorus to a song. Other than that, that is all I know about poems and poem writing. Not really big on that stuff, but I do have one that I wrote if you see it sometime in the future please review it.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:07 pm
Blackwood says...

you spelled favour wrong! You're not an american. Bad writey.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm
Panda11 says...

Show me,

{i would put another 'Show me,'}

how you

love me.

same thing.... little bits of grammar.... stuff like that.... but again i really like it! it is quite a, touchy? thing to me, for personal reasons...

A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu