The Princess's Feet

by Rook

The princess's feet
are scarred from running through thorns
in another time.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:29 pm
KittyCatMeow wrote a review...

Hi fortis! Just going to review this haiku of yours!

It'll be quick XD. Of course it will!

Nitpicks:
First line. No s at the end of princess'.

are scarred from running through thorns

I don't understand why the princess is running through thorns to be honest with you. There are many possibilities, but instead of using the last line with

in another time.

which doesn't make much sense at all, the poem could've had more explanations.

All in all, it was pretty good. ^.^ I actually enjoyed reading a haiku. Great job! Keep writing! ;)

Rook says...

I'm pretty sure there is an 's' at the end of princess's because if it was princess', then it would me there was more than one princess. But there's not.
The story I was imagining for this...
well it's a metaphor for how even the most perfect person has lived through other times, and those times may make up part of who they are, even if they try to cover it up.
The princess once lived as a little peasant girl or something and she had no shoes because she was poor, and like any little girl, she liked to run around, and sometimes there were thorns. So you see, it all makes sense! :D
thank you for your review!

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:09 pm
Niraco wrote a review...

This is a very nice set up for perhaps a novel and I felt that the potential reached far beyond a haiku. Having said that I did enjoy this poem

The princess's feet
are scarred from running through thorns
in another time.

The poem also leaves room for readers to interpret themselves which is a nice touch. However it lacked emotion which is under stable from something as short as a haiku. I admire you for giving haikus a go and thought that this was very well done so great job. Awesome piece, keep it up!

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:00 am
Pokemonlover545 wrote a review...

Review time from Pokemon! I didn't expect THAT. I completely forgot what a haiku was until you made this. I can picture a princess with blonde hair, white/pink dress, and a flower on her head. What do you want her to look iike. You also made it sound like this takes place in a forest/jungle. Well, since this is so short, it has a short reveiew form me. Good Night! Or whatever time you are reading thi-........WHAIT A MINUTE. ARE YOU? THAT PERSON!?

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:28 am
AsianQueen17 wrote a review...

Hi, I am a newbie, the name is asianqueen17. This will be my first time reviewing so, sorry if I sound dumb. Wow this is the shortest thing I have ever read, but yet you say so much in just techniquely one sentence since you don't have a period anywhere but at the very end. Wow, I just sound retarded up in that sentence. X.X Anywho, I love the imagery you have put in it, like everyone else said, it would be a great beginning for a long poem. I hope you keep up on your writings!

God Bless!

Rook says...

Welcome to YWS and thank you for your review! :D
A short poem like this with three lines (the first one 5 syllables, the second one 7 syllables, and the third line 5 syllables) is called a haiku! It only has one sentence, therefore it only has one period. :)
Keep up your reviews!

Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:44 am
Morticiansdaughter19 wrote a review...

This is very compelling it makes me want to read more about this scarred footed princess! And with its short length it still tells a story where you can use your imagination to continue the princesses story. I think this is a good starter to a much longer poem, I think it would be great if you extended on this give us a better feel of the princess.

Rook says...

Hi! Thank you for your review, but I will not be extending the length. Like you said, it's meant to make you think, and this is a haiku, so no extra length needed! :D

Wow I didn't even notice it was a haiku but in that case yes the length is perfect I really liked it!!

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:30 am
HaleyPenguin wrote a review...

I am very intrigued.
This was done very well. I liked this a lot.
I love the way you put it together, and it made sense.
It all flowed together, and it will interest a reader!
I am very pleased with this.
I have read at least 5 haiku's on here, and in all honesty, this is my favorite. In three lines, you created some of the best imagery I've seen in a while!
Keep it up!
I can't wait to see more!

Rook says...

Messenger wrote a review...

Here to review is none other then the one and only Knight Malachi.
So this is one of the 2 haiku's I'v read on here. The other one was very good, and not to disappoint, so was this. I have to say it could hold so much mystery and intrigue, plus what sounds like a lot of adventure.Actually this could be a poem for a novel. It could be at the beginning, and then you could tell the story of the princess. Just a though I had when I read it, but it looks like you just write poetry. anyway, good job.
Keep it up!

Rook says...

Thanks Malachi! I do write prose sometimes, I just end up finishing my poems more than I finish any prose.

"Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!"
— Dom PĂ©rignon