16+

Clipity Clop

by Radrook

Into the night I counted sheep

fret-foaming fearing not to sleep

cobblestoned the road below

the horses always trotted slow

__

They took their time before my door

a neigh, a stomp, and snorts galore

whilst coachmen blathered bout the weather

bout Bertha's butt and sumptuous Heather

---

and as they blathered horses stomped

upon the cobblestones they romped

and I but only feet away

could not get rest at end of day

----

So having stored my foul urine

out of the window i did lean

and took a piss upon their heads

and then went back to sleep in bed.

Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:11 am
rosette wrote a review...

Hello Radrook!

What a fascinating poem you have written. xD It was funny, and your rhyme was completely on-point. It didn't feel forced, but fun. Though the last stanza fell out of the aabb scheme with the first two lines. But looking back through... "door" and "galore" in stanza 2 don't exactly rhyme as well as the other words - just more so than "urine" and "lean".

They took their time before my door

a neigh, a stomp, and snorts galore

I like how the coachmen are characterized so wonderfully through their conversation. :p But one thing I am wondering is where the narrator is well, sleeping. Or trying to sleep. Why did they take their time before Narrator's door? Does he have his own house, or not? The timeline here is obviously not modern-day, so I thought maybe he was at an inn or something. I might be pondering this too deeply, but it doesn't make sense to me why they pause at his door if the passengers aren't coming into his home.

So having stored my foul urine

This was the only line I found odd. "Stored" sounds as if he currently finished this task, storing it up for the moment, when in all actuality he didn't plan to be disturbed that night, so how would he know to store it?

But wow - what an interesting way to execute revenge. xD

This was a fun read, and thanks for sharing!
Hope this helps,

~rosette

rosette says...

You learn something new everyday. ;)
I probably should have warned that poetry is not my strong suit.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:51 pm
LadyOkra wrote a review...

bout a Bertha's but and sumptuous Heather

Perhaps you meant "butt" here?

I thought it was quite funny. I'm in awe of your rhyming skills and I do like some expressions that you came up with such as:

fret-foaming fearing not to sleep

Let the man sleep! Goddamn. :p

Sorry for my stalkerish activities. Love your writing.

Cheers!

Radrook says...

Thanks for the feedback. I am honored by it not annoyed. Also thanks for pointing out that spelling mistake. Also for the encouraging words. Will fix! Amazing how people can sometimes disturb the sleep of others. It's as if they think they live in total isolation.

You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken