z

Young Writers Society



Loneliness

by rbt00


Loneliness a strange feeling
I dont know with what im dealing

Deep in my soul i feel the warmth of the sun
Deep in my heart i feel the loneliness has begun

Crying with emotions
on the lonely roads of cars with motion

I wish i had the love
As people have high above

Each night each day
My tears keep shedding away

I wish i had someone who cared
With whom my secrets can be shared

With the rise of the morning
Again the day is gonna be boring

Fears have i got many
Tears i do shed many

Because of this strange feeling
Dunno with what i am dealing


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:32 am
View Likes
KnightTeen wrote a review...



This was very emotional and heart felt. I feel like this a lot (even when I'm on here sometimes). But enough about my depressed ass, let's get on to the review, shall we?

I already basically said that I love the content (if I wasn't clear enough, sorry. I do love this, and I feel a personal connection to it).

But, your technicality (grammar, punctuation, etc.) needs a little work. The biggest problem with you grammar would be your lack of capitalization in the (I) department. Normally, with any other thing I would tell you that it is up to you to change this or not, and I am saying that, but I also am saying that I strongly recommend you fixing/changing this. I typically wouldn't care if it was any other minor grammar error, but the (I) thing really bugs me the most out of any grammar mistake.

And I think that you would benefit from a little more punctuation. Just saying. But, as always, it's up to you.

Peace,
Ht




rbt00 says...


I wrote this Guess A year back So yeah may not be good. I will work with it later on :)



User avatar
425 Reviews


Points: 50
Reviews: 425

Donate
Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:45 pm
View Likes
Vervain wrote a review...



Hallo, lovely! I haven't read the other reviews, so pardon me if I repeat anything they've said or you've told them.

First of all, little typo in the first word - "loneliness", not "lonliness" (you're lonli?). I also get the temptation to leave all of your "i"s lowercase, but almost every other line in this is capitalised at the beginning, so why is that second line lowercase? The sixth line?

Secondly, your rhyming is a little stilted and feels majorly forced at some points - the repetition of "many" in the penultimate stanza; "morning/boring". I would say either look over your words and figure out why it's so stilted, or find completely different words to convey your emotions. Personally, I don't feel a lot of strong imagery in this piece, and imagery is what a lot of people rely on when it comes to poetry - you don't have a tonne of words to use like a novelist does; you've got a few lines in which to say what you want to say, so use them well. Your diction is lacking substance.

You have a lot of words in there, technically speaking, but you don't have a lot of strong or striking words. That, combined with the lack of solid meter, can be seriously detrimental to your work.

All in all, I like the idea, but it could be executed much more cleanly. May I recommend that you take a look over this and try to edit it so the rhyme doesn't sound as forced? I think that would help it quite a bit - also, while it's tempting to move from "classical" poesy to "conversational", that "dunno" in the last line feels out of place among the rest of your words.

Feel free to take this with a grain of salt, love.




rbt00 says...


I wrote this very before and I am seeing this review now . So thankzx



User avatar
1464 Reviews


Points: 15394
Reviews: 1464

Donate
Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:58 pm
View Likes
Juniper wrote a review...



Hi rbt. I'm going to call you ribbit. :)

Loneliness is a common emotion, one that most, if not all people experience at some point in their life. Writing poems about an emotion without an event as a precursor is a tricky thing to do well because, as an audience, we like a story, and when there's no story, we like a piece that will make us feel.

I think poetry is an excellent method of expression, but here, I am having trouble relating to your experience! I would like to understand why you feel lonely, maybe even read a few more poems on it, but as it stands, your poem is built on rhyme without a significant supply of information to satiate my curiosity enough to be able to relate to you.

Best of luck and happy review day!

June




rbt00 says...


There's no story behind this. It is just a random poem.
Thanks :D



User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 3690
Reviews: 122

Donate
Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:54 am
View Likes
umaima wrote a review...



Hey RBT00,

Umaima here for your review. It was a great poem and I enjoyed reading it. Seriously, I cans ee that you are a very talented writer. Great job doing so and I will be earnestly looking up for your future poems.

Yes, this poem was great but there were a few problems here and there. I will be stating them below:

First, work on the poem's grammar and punctuation. Basically moreon punctuation as there is no punctuation at all. (One of the drawback I found in this poem) Punctuation is a very important part of poems and if they are not in it then the reader becomes quite irritated and sometimes it feels unpleasant to read. A poem without punctuation is like a sweet without sugar... so you see it is 'very' important.

Second, the lines seem incomplete. Like there should be something added in them and only then will they be complete. Your message is very clear to the reader (which is a plus point and for that I must say that keep it up!) but the problem is that the comparison of things here is giving some awkward feelings here and there.

Else then this your poem was a masterpiece! Goodness how do you write so well? (XD) Also the rhythm was great and i see the format was well developed too.

Tip: You should take care of your punctuation next time or if you want you can add in this piece too (your wish)

Overall view: Excellent work if we do not consider the drawbacks. I am sure if you take care of a few things then one day you will be a great poet!

As you are kind of new ask me for help if you need any. And also the most important thing, all that i have stated above are just my opinions, if anything offended you then I am sincerely apologize.

Umaima

Have a Happy Review Day!!




rbt00 says...


Hahaha..
THANKKK you sOO mUCH :D



User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 566
Reviews: 32

Donate
Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:07 am
View Likes
Ary wrote a review...



He-llo! Happy Review Day! And next up is the review:

1.First off, the meaning behind this. Beautiful; because it sort of explains the harsh reality, yet the delicate beauty, of loneliness. It gives the reader a slight description of what the feeling can make us feel...confusion, sad, hurt, fear or even each one at the same time. And this makes me think that maybe we don't like this feeling because it makes us feel completely and utterly lost.

2.Second, grammar. I don't know if you did it on purpose or you didn't notice but 'I' should always be written in upper case; and you seem to have forgotten a few comas and periods, here and there. This is important to maintain in check (not necessarily perfect; no human is perfect, I am one myself). Because, besides that it may help with the flow in a poem or any other literary work for that matter, it is important to not commit, if only the slightest, grammatical errors in a work. (I'm telling you this because of teachers.If they can't find any errors [or almost none] they can't take away points that much.) ;)

3.Lastly would be the flow and the emotions. The emotions portrayed in this piece are lovely because you make us feel the meaning of loneliness. You don't just describe it to us but give the reader an example of how it feels and that's awesome (It's no easy feat). Now to the flow in this work...in some parts it feels like it's stressed. Like you're forcing the words, but when I kept reading it I noticed that the reason behind this was because in some stanzas I did not have the comma to make pause and savor the line.

Conclusion: A fine piece a poetry that gives Loneliness a right description. You just try to fix those grammatical errors and the poem will shine more brightly than it already shines. Too much drama from me on that last sentence, no? Okay. :D




rbt00 says...


tHANKX i Will :d



User avatar
83 Reviews


Points: 1115
Reviews: 83

Donate
Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:26 am
View Likes
skorlir wrote a review...



Take with salt; mind with care.

Lonliness a strange feeling
i dont know with what im dealing


Apart from obvious grammatical errors (im->I'm, loneliness needs an 'e', so forth), this is a strong opening stanza. I wanted to continue reading.

*I have noticed, after continuing to read, that you state you do not know how to describe loneliness, and then go on to try anyway. But you do not convey the sense of confusion and difficulty of speech that I am expecting - you put, in flat, even terms, exactly what this loneliness is. Just an observation.

Deep in my soul i feel the warmth of the sun
Deep in my heart i feel the loneliness has begun


These words do not readily make themselves clear. The hidden warmth of life is overtaken by loneliness? Warmth and loneliness conflict within me, memory against reality? None of this is explicit in the poem - it lacks a necessary depth.

Crying with emotions
on the lonely roads of cars with motion


Does one cry without emotions?

At some point, one must re-read lines and stanzas, and ask: Is this line beautiful, necessary, and comprehensible?

You are approaching a topic capable of beauty, bearing necessity, and which can be shared and understood. You may not simply state the obvious - loneliness makes me sad - you must create new context. While cars are abstract representations for lonely feelings, the line "on the lonely roads of cars with motion" does not say anything. Moving cars on lonely roads are neither beautiful nor exceptional.

I wish i had the love
As people have high above


This stanza does not make sense to me. Apparently ephemeral or heavenly or taller people have a love which the writer lacks - which creates loneliness. While it rhymes, it has no body, no content. It is like a song with simple lyrics - it sounds good, and has the potential to be even better, but is unremarkable. A generic tune.

Each night each day
My tears keep shedding away


Tears shedding seems to suggest, in its word choice, the loss of tears - which could be a deep sensation, a sadness beyond tears. Or it could simply be poor diction. If you were to more fully explore the suggested depth of many lines in this poem, it could be given a great body to fill its phantom limbs.

I wish i had someone who cared
With whom my secrets can be shared


In order to maintain better tense continuity, "can" in the second line should be "could."
This stanza is fine as it is. It has some meaning, some purpose, and makes sense, even if it lacks depth. It continues a theme - which some of your earlier stanzas do not so obviously or capably do.

With the rise of the morning
Again the day is gonna be boring


This stanza feels forced and out of context. It does not add anything to the poem.

Fears have i got many
Tears i do shed many


Although it could be argued that "many" does rhyme with itself, it is typically not good poetic form to rhyme the same word.

Because of this strange feeling
Dunno with what i am dealing


I think I can understand your confusion and emotion, but I do not feel that your poem has produced that understanding. Rather, it complicated it. This is a story of pain, and yet it does not make me empathize or feel - only sympathize. I feel sorry, but I do not feel lonely.

There is potential, however. There is room for depth, snags for heartstrings, all the makings of what would create beauty and empathy - just with time, with effort, and possibly with some creative word choice.

Be forever hortatory,

~Skorlir




rbt00 says...


Thankx :D



User avatar
213 Reviews


Points: 150
Reviews: 213

Donate
Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:10 am
View Likes
dark wrote a review...



Love it. It's a sad poem, er, kind of, and those kind of poems real me in very quickly. I love how you kept a steady rhyme though the poem and you didn't split up anywhere, at least, I can't see any mistakes. Here's y favorite part of this poem:
"Fears I have got many
Tears I do she'd many
Because of this strange feeling
Dunno with what I am dealing"
I absolutely loved that part! :D
Cheers! ~Dark. Fire Flower.




rbt00 says...


Thanks :D



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 1443
Reviews: 18

Donate
Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:54 am
View Likes
vampyIrishgirl says...



I like it. it made me kind of sad, but a good kind of sad sooo yeah. I liked how you worded it and how you described things in it. and I liked how you finished. I didn't find any grammar or spelling mistakes




rbt00 says...


Thanks :D




Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!
— Dr. Seuss