Home » Literary works » Lyrics » Humor

Tik Tok Review Clock

by niteowl

Author's Note: This is a Review Day parody set to Kesha's "Tik Tok". I wrote it a long time ago but never officially posted it until now. Enjoy! 

Wake up Sunday morning feeling like reviewing
Grab my laptop, I'm on the site, I've gotta hit the Green Room
Before I start, get coffee, and then I will attack
I know our team's gonna win, their teams ain't coming back

I'm talking getting into some awesome prose, prose
Or maybe some rocking poems poems
Team notes blowing up my phone phone

And soon we'll get the Green Room so clean
Go past two hundred fifty
Trying to get some points for our team

Don't stop, make it count,
blow the leaderboards up tonight
we will fight 'til GMT's midnight
Tick tock on the clock,
but reviewing ain't stopping no
Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh

Don't care about other teams, we got this in the bag
We'll get some points in our pocket and then get a sweet badge
Other teams may try to win, but they'll soon go bananas
'Cause they sure ain't catching up unless they review like Hannah...

I'm talking 150 points per review
For old works stuck in the Green Room
Find something you can get into

Now now we'll go until the clock runs out, out
And other teams get shut down, down
Their teams get shut down down
Their teams get shut down

Don't stop, make it count,
blow the leaderboards up tonight
we will fight 'til GMT's midnight
Tick tock on the clock,
but reviewing ain't stopping no
Woah-oh-oh-oh
Woah-oh-oh-oh

OfficialSoloX says...

this is pretty good. if you like parodies. that aren't very good. or are parodying bad music.

beccalicious94 says...

This is amazing.

niteowl says...

Thanks! :)

Lumi says...

Review Day has an absolutely fab anthem now. We just need to get someone to sing it! I nominate @fortis

niteowl says...

Lol that would be amazing! :P

niteowl says...

I'd say I'm feeling cocky today, but then again I still recorded this like 50 times because I had the "woah-oh"s wrong and it's still probably really bad. Anyway, here you go: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Ot3AhgiF95.

Virgil says...

This is silly and great @niteowl! I love it.

Hannah says...

SO MUCH LOVE @niteowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saruka wrote a review...

Hey niteowl! Knight Saru here for a hopefully helpful review on your parodical lyrics! I honestly really loved this, and wasn't sure about reviewing this because I thought it was too good.
But it's Review Day, and here I am, I guess! I only found a few really picky things.
First off, your second line.

Get out my laptop, I'm on the site, gotta hit the Green Room

Listening to the actual version, I think 'I'm' would be better suited before 'gotta'.
'Cause they ain't catching up unless they review like Hannah...

This line had a weird rhythm for me, maybe change it to something like, "'Cause they sure ain't catching up 'till they review like Hannah..."
Aaand other than that, I loved this! It was funny, and it fit the song really well without seeming forced at all. I hope this review helped you!
(I wrote this when it was still in the green room)

niteowl says...

Thanks for reviewing! I actually did edit those lines, so thanks for that! :)

Hannah wrote a review...

Hi, Nite!!
Wow, we talked about this, when? Last review day? Or the review day before? When was I here last and when did we talk about it? Haha. Anyway, it's so fun to see and it's the second work I'm on for the day, so it's kind of like a pep talk! YES, UNLESS THEY REVIEW LIKE ME, but also there are some crazy reviewers out here getting ready to take the crazy reviewer title -- it's anybody's game.

First of all, what I love is that you bring in the message of finding something you can get into. It's easy to make parodies about stuff on the site and just go with the competitive side. You could have been all about the points, winning, etc., but instead you make sure we remember that we're reviewing awesome prose and rocking poems, finding something we can get into, not just gliding by for the sake of it.

My biggest feedback would have been on the flow -- I was trying to set it to the music in my head, but there were places where I just couldn't match it up, and I think KaraStevens pointed out most of them. It's always hard, because I'm sure you've figured out how to make it work to the rhythm in your own head, but for first-time readers, we are getting lost and it's taking us out of the song. I wanna bump by head along to the rhythm but I can't if I'm not sure where I am!

And I really just enjoy the phrase GMT's midnight. It's super accurate, but also feels unique. Like you could write a serious, sad poem about it if you wanted to. There's a breadth in the phrase, probably because it refers to a time zone, which begs the image of the entire world.

THANKS for posting it, and I hope you get TONS more reviews, Knight Nite!

Lemme know if you have any questions/comments about this review! Good luck!

niteowl says...

Thanks for reviewing (like Hannah :P)! Yes, I think I showed it to you guys in a poetry jam last month, but then I forgot to post it, so now I did. And yeah I'm in a singing mood so I'm going to record this in a few minutes. I did make a few minor edits to help the flow in a couple spots. Thanks again! :)

zaminami wrote a review...

Hey, niteowl! Kara Stevens here for a review for Team Sans!

First of all, this is a great idea. I am listening to the song right now and these lyrics fit perfectly XD

Anyways. I'ma hit you hard (sorry about the joke; not intended) because I'm a harsh reviewer so here we go :3

Kesha's

I believe her name is "Ke$ha", but I'm not sure.

I'm on the site

This doesn't fit in with the flow correctly. Maybe make it "on the site", instead? That'll make the line:

"Get out my laptop; on the site, gotta hit the Green Room."

get coffee

Again, this doesn't fit with the flow. This time, you need to add a word right before it. Maybe add... "I'll"? This'll make the line:

"Before I start, I'll get coffee, and then I will attack"

blow the leaderboards up tonight

Again, the flow. When I sing this out loud the words kind of stumble in my mouth a bit... probably because there are too many syllables.

How rude! Excuse my Full House joke.

Tock

This is capitalized but it's in the middle of a line.

Overall:

I LOVE THIS IDEA. The flow was pretty good overall, excepting those few lines that I pointed out. The grammar was really good as well. This is also a VERY good parody of the Ke$ha song, especially to someone like me who LOVES Ke$ha's songs. I really like writing songs too... maybe we should collab on one sometime.

This fits in the "humor" category because this parody DID make me laugh.

Happy writing (and keep reviewing)!--

Kara.

niteowl says...

Thanks for reviewing! I made some minor changes based on yours and Saruka's comments. Kesha actually dropped the dollar sign from her name now. As for the "get coffee" line, I think it works syllable-wise but the stress is different from "brush my teeth" so it is a little forced. The "blow the leaderboards up tonight" line is actually shorter than "DJ blow my speakers up tonight" but I guess I had it working in my head by dragging out "leaderboards" a bit. I don't know, it's hard to explain. I think I might post myself singing it now. :P Thanks again!

zaminami says...

Yep you're welcome.

Wait why the hell did she change her name? It was cool with the dollar sign!

niteowl says...

She changed it after going through rehab for an eating disorder: http://www.eonline.com/news/518732/ke-ha-is-no-more-singer-drops-the-dollar-sign-and-changes-twitter-handle-after-leaving-rehab. Actually if you know anything about her legal battles in the past couple years (basically trying to get free from her record label and her abusive producer), I feel kind of guilty liking the songs made by said producer. I really hope she gets free soon and can release new music again!

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:35 pm
VegasLights says...

This is just perfect!

niteowl says...

Thanks! :)

you know how those like hummingbird things have those fast wingy thingies? And like the heartbeats. The heartbeats are so fast. So like, do humminbribs like sense time fast too? like berry alen or smh? I BET THEY DO! BIRBFLASHHHHHHHH!
— Dr. Mr. Elfboy