The Adventures of Rose Hood Chapter 25: The War Begins, and the Beast Awakens

by keeperofgaming

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence.

“Oh, dear sister, I missed you so.”

“Thalia, you are bloodlusted.”

There was nothing more ferocious than a bloodlusted dragon, that’s why I hunted, even when hidden as a catkin. Because even a draconic contract can’t hold a bloodlusted dragon.

“Thalias, Gallson, run.”

“What?”

“I’m the only one who can take her on like this.”

A dragon is a beast, we need to kill. Otherwise, we go insane until we kill a certain amount of creatures. Thalia watched her children die, then couldn’t kill anything in Calesen. Combined with being enslaved. Yeah, I can see why she’s bloodlusted.

“Sister don’t leave me hanging. Fight me!”

She charged and slashed at me, but I dodged barely.

“Well, I need to go all out!”

She roared and shifted back into her regular form.

She punted me into the sky where I shifted and roared.

“Sister, I will kill you!!”

“I will win, Thalia, and I will free you.”

“HA HA HA!”

Her maniacal laughter only increased as we clashed.

_

“What’s happening?!”

“Lady Thalia is going mad!”

An elf ran in.

“I think she’s bloodlusted.”

“Crap, but what’s with those tremors.”

“The arcane dragon is clashing with her.”

“Crap.”

I ran outside and sure enough I saw the two dragons clashing.

“SIR!”

“What now?”

“Falden has launched an assault. 100000 warriors.”

“Now?”

“SIR!”

“WHAT?”

“A massive group of mythic level Whilderbeasts left the forest. They are charging. Asura is taking them on.”

“This is organized. Wait... A slave collar.”

Around Thalia’s neck, there was a slave collar.

“Falden is doing an all-out attack, get help from surrounding cities.”

“You think Falden is behind the other two events?”

“It was already a theory, but I don’t think there is any way to explain it otherwise.”

My men nodded. Where were Jalad and Royce?

“SIR!”

“Another assault?”

“No sir. Captain Jalad and Sir Royce just opened combat with Falden’s army.”

“Aid them.”

“What about you, Sir?”

“I’m going to the guild. We need their intervention.”

“But they don’t interfere with war.”

“But they do subjugate monsters, and Asura isn’t taking the Whilderbeasts down on his own.”

“Understood!”

My men ran off and I went straight to the guild, dodging the occasional stray shot from Rose and Thalia’s duel.

“Mammon!”

I burst through the door, only to find a lot of the adventurers freaking out.

“Dallel! What the heck is going on out there?”

“Dragon duel, Whilderbeasts, and Falden army. All at once.”

“Please say that’s some kind of cruel joke.”

“It’s not, somehow Falden managed to both enslave Thalia and make her bloodlusted.”

“****! I never thought that they’d try that sort of thing so soon after failing with Asura and Rose.”

“What?”

“They managed to enslave the two, but they failed to control them and paid with their lives.”

That’s not good. Wait...

“GET DOWN!!!”

Everyone listened to me and got down, but one of the barmaids didn’t move in time and got beheaded by Rose crashing through the wall in dragon form.

Many screamed.

Thalia threw fire at us but then Rose matched with arcane before dashing at her again.

“Crap, we have to fight.”

Mammon nodded and stood up with a commanding presence.

“Aces come with me; we’ll fight the Whilderbeasts. The rest of you, help Dallel fight Falden. The arcane dragon will handle Thalia.”

Everyone nodded and we headed out.

_

I felt someone burst on my back when I was thrown into the guild. A casualty already.

“Thalia, stop this now!”

“Not while it’s so fun!”

She blasted at me with her max power and caused another earthquake as I blocked, saving the adventurers. I dashed at her and slashed her belly, causing her to roar in pain.

She snarled and bit down on my neck. I roared and shook, trying to get her off. She flew and threw me at an approaching army.

I landed in the center of the army and Thalia charged again.

I dodged and watched a crater form where the men used to be.

Then a bright red flash appeared,

50 kills. That was all she needed.

The now matured Thalia roared. Pleasure and fury in her crazed eyes.

“Come on sister. Let me hear you scream in agony. Aspect of the Flame Dragon!”

She charged and bit off my wing causing me to roar in pain.

She was a high mythic now.

“Fire Divination Ultimate: Infernal King!”

She slashed my stomach, but at that point I heard another roar.

Calesen had shown up.

“Thalia what the heck are you doing?!”

“Elren, she’s bloodlusted and enslaved.”

“Men, CHARGE!!!”

The elves clashed with Falden’s army as Elren locked in battle with Thalia.

“ROSE!”

Royce ran up and blocked a sword from killing me. I was in critical condition. I turned into my catkin form so he could move me.

“Your arm.”

“It’ll regenerate.”

He picked me up and ran back to the wall, but then an arrow pierced his chest.

“Gah!”

“Royce!”

He fell dropping me. I clamored over as quickly as I could.

“Royce!”

He made no response other than coughing in pain.

“Heal, Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, Divine Heal. Something please work.”

“Rose...”

“Royce.”

“Thank you for teaching me.”

His breathing stopped. Royce...

Royce...

Falden arrow.

They controlled Thalia.

They killed Royce.

Falden...

Die...

Die...

DIE...

“DIE!!!”

These fiends. These beasts. This evil. Whilders charged me. I don’t care anymore. I will destroy them all.

I roared and released my aura. The earth shook as I grew to my dragon form again.

Then, the arcane dragon took flight.

_

“Royce!”

I saw Royce fall. Rose looked at him in fear.

“DIE!!!”

Her scream caused the entire battlefield, even the two dragons, to freeze.

Her rage was far worse than when she heard Ravi died.

The Whilders burst past Asura, causing him to land next to me.

“What’s happening?”

“I don’t know.”

“WHAT’S HAPPENING TO ROSE?”

Many of the guards saw her shifting and she sat as a dragon, then both of her wings went out.

She roared causing the mythic Whilderbeasts to roar in response.

Then, she took flight.

It took one of those beasts to damage both Rose and Asura before, yet now she ripped it to shreds.

“Run! She’s bloodlusted!”

Thalia?

It seemed the shock from Rose’s roar caused even her bloodlusted self to falter.

“Men of Falden! Kill that beast!”

They all launched cursed arrows, it did nothing but bounce off of her.

She disappeared. Asura was shocked.

“Where did she-”

We heard screaming behind us. When we turned around, we saw her ripping a Falden soldier in half.

She breathed arcane, but shockingly, despite her state, she only struck Falden soldiers.

The commander shot a massive echo of death magic, but she blasted it out of the way with Arcane.

She tore apart the army, killing a massive amount of them.

Thalia, now in control of herself, ripped off the collar.

“Elren, we need to stop her before she starts attacking the adventurers.”

“Understood.”

The two mature dragons charged the adolescent, but then the power difference was revealed. Rose, who rarely fought to kill. Who loved people and wanted as many people to live as possible. She defeated her siblings in a matter of seconds.

Both dragons were in critical condition and Rose roared causing another group of Whilderbeasts to attempt to kill her.

They didn’t last long as the dragon ripped them apart with her magic.

She went right back to the force.

I ran over to Royce. He was barely alive.

Elren landed near me and shifted back to his elven form. Coughing, he limped over to Royce.

“I will make sure he doesn’t die. Aspect of the Life Dragon: Rebirth!”

The arrow fell out and his heart, which was pierced, began to close again.

Then a multicolored flash erupted. We looked over and saw Rose, who was now 10 times bigger than Thalia standing and roaring.

“100000 all dead, to her...”

A commander came in with another army to take down the beast that had annihilated the other army, but they lasted for 10 seconds before she burned them to dust.

“What happened?”

Royce was getting up, and he saw Rose fighting a group of Whilders.

“Rose.”

_

She was bloodlusted, because of me?

She matured, her scales once a bright red, now were reflective. All sorts of colors spread across her. She was 10 times the size of Thalia.

Her rage was felt by all of us, if she went any stronger, the entire city and everyone in it would die.

“We lost.”

Hope was gone from the elven king.

“Why are you saying that?”

“Rose was passive for a reason. We never told anyone, but 100 years ago, a powerful evil entity attacked our nest. My mother was a paladin. She battled it, I only realized recently that that was a shard of evil. She suppressed it and removed its love for destruction, instead creating an egg. Mother said that all bindings would be removed when it matured. Do you understand what I mean?”

Dallel and I both froze. It couldn’t be. Elren confirmed our fears.

“Rose is a Shard of the Evil God.”

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm
RavenAkuma wrote a review...

Hello Again, My Friend!

It's me, Raven, and I'd like to review the next chapter in this great story using my Familiar method! Let's dive in, shall we? Heh heh heh...

What The Black Eyes See...

WOOOW!! This chapter was a whirlwind; absolutely crazy! Gosh, I thought Rose having to fight Thalia was the worst it would get, then the armies showed up, then the Whilders, then Thalia matured, and so, so much more. Lots of emotions, lots of tension, lots of rich fighting -oh my gosh, that was awesome!

Word of warning, this chapter has me amped and wanting to babble, so this may be a long review. Apologies, heh.

Let's get into the details though.

Where The Dagger Points...

Not much for here! In all of that, I only caught one very minor potential error, here:

“Elren, we need to stop her before she started attacking the adventurers.”

Just a mismatch in tenses here, I think "started" needs to be "start." That is all ~

Why The Grin Widened...

So, for highlights...I would probably condense the whole chapter in here if I could, haha!

First of all, it was great to learn about bloodlusting dragons and the risk they present, and seeing it happen to Thalia was such a shock -right off the bat- that I was immediately sucked into the action. The fight between her and Rose was great, especially as the armies, the Whilders, and the guild started getting involved. It really drove up the tension. Needless to mention this entire moment...

Then a bright red flash appeared,

50 kills. That was all she needed.

The now matured Thalia roared.

Oh wow, not only a bloodlusted Thalia, but a mature Thalia! And the damage she caused because of it was crazy! Then, you did us dirty with this here:

Even if he came back, just the prospect of killing Royce...Ah! Like, I love a good death scene, but brutal! And seeing how it affected them was incredible. Rose's desperation as she starts spouting spells, Royce's sweet remark about teaching him, and of course this...

Then, the arcane dragon took flight.

Releasing her aura and dragon form, with a roar of primal rage -ah! Love it! And this was the perfect -albeit tragic- way to trigger Rose's aggression, the death of a friend. Great staging for what's to come. Despite that rage, I did NOT expect...

“100000 all dead, to her...”

SHE JUST KILLED 100,000 PEOPLE?!?! Daaang, that's so crazy! I know that's probably getting repetitive, but seriously, there's so much excitement and shock in this chapter! And mature Rose may sound terrifying, especially considering she took down both her matured and much older siblings, but also...

She matured, her scales once a bright red, now were reflective. All sorts of colors spread across her.

Big props for character design, because this sounds awesome ~

I was really relieved to see Elren bring Royce back, but then his following explanation, regarding Rose's history. Uh...

“Rose is a Shard of the Evil God.”

WHAAAAAT?!?!?! (O_O)

Our Mad Thoughts...

Overall, this chapter was absolutely incredible, definitely one of my favorites. You handled the action and all the character moments so well! Nicely done! :D

keeperofgaming says...

Thanks for the review. You are always good at pointing out my mistakes and make me feel much better about my writing.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:14 pm

Hello there, human! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

Shalt we commence with the review?

Top Graham Cracker - Thalia becomes a bloodlusted dragon, Rose has to fight her. On top of that, Royce almost dies, leading a switch to flipping inside Rose and releasing her inner monster…

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - I think that you meant to delete the S when Rose is telling Thalia to run, but if not, then ignore this.

Chocolate Bar - WHOA. The twist at the end…out of all things, I wasn’t expecting for ROSE, ROSE, who refused to fight, to be a shard of evil. That’s one crazy twist, and I cannot wait to see what else she’s going to do. Now that she’s fully matured…is she even the same Rose as before?

Closing Graham Cracker - They made a mistake with hurting Thalia and almost killing Royce. They unlocked a darkness within her, and now…I don’t think that Rose is going to hold back. She was quite strong in the battlefield…I can’t imagine what else she will do.

I wish you a lovely day/night! :>

keeperofgaming says...

Oh, Thalias is the Elven smith. Thalia is the dragon. So, no it was intentional

Animist1 wrote a review...

Wow the story is super awesome, it is hard to believe that Rose is the shard of evil godess, {good morning, good afternoon or good evening} whatever time it is in your part of the world. How about i go for a quick introduction, my name is Animist1, i am happy to be the first person to review this work, anyway, you made a mistake like 'she punted me...' instead of 'she punched me...' but never mind the mistakes you can edit it later. I have been reading this story before i had an account on YWS, i could have commented on each and every episodes of this work if i had an account i would have liked and commented on each and every episodes of The Advemtures of Rose Hood, so keep it up, i am waiting for the next episode. Quick notice: if i made any mistakes in my review pls notify me with a reply. Thank's

keeperofgaming says...

No, punt is correct, Thalia is three times Rose's size remember and Rose was even in catkin form there, and thanks for the time for the review.

Animist1 says...

Thank's for the reply.

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale