z

Young Writers Society


16+ Violence

The Adventures of Rose Hood Chapter 20: The Lich's Embrace

by keeperofgaming


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence.

“Welcome to the end of your lives, adventurers. I am the great Callel. I have died and was resurrected.”

“You?”

“Ah, you are that weak little village girl that ran before the dragon showed up. Hah. I died, but I will destroy you and then hunt down your village and burn it.”

“Hm... You got one thing wrong. I didn’t run before the dragon showed up.”

“What do you mean?”

I shifted, causing my party to cower against the wall as I smiled at Callel.

“Hello, my first kill.”

“Ah, so you are the dragon? Ha! I shall control you and take my revenge for that.”

“Oh, and what are you planning?”

“Just think, that much power in that small body... You could destroy entire nations from the inside!”

“What?”

“You are probably the first bad guy I fought that isn’t a pervert.”

“You look like a kid in your catkin form.”

“Yep, that’s why I was so concerned with how many bad guys flirted with me or made inappropriate jokes.”

“Some people are just scoundrels.”

“I know, right? Like I know it’s a 19-year-old body, but I still look like a 10-year-old why flirt.”

“I hear ya...”

For a moment we had solidarity.

“I’m still gonna kill you again.”

“If you can.”

The party was simply confused.

“Are they enemies?”

“I think so.”

“They threatened each other.”

“Did he say Callel? Isn't that Dallel’s evil brother who was eaten by a dragon?”

“I think it is.”

“Didn’t she say he was her first kill? Does that mean she ate him?”

“He looks surprisingly uneaten.”

Me and Callel just looked at each other and then them.

“They’re looking at us.”

“Are they going to eat us?”

“Idiot, Callel is too small, besides he’s an undead elf.”

“Maybe he’s a cannibalistic undead elf.”

Gulp maybe!”

We stared.

“They’re idiots.”

“Yep, and I was told to keep them alive.”

“That’s irritating.”

“Yep, they got so scared when they learned I was a dragon.”

“Really? That’s stupid.”

“I know right?”

“Well, now that the pleasantries are over. I’ll destroy you here and now. DIVINE-”

Monch crunch crunch crunch

“Tastes about as bad as last time.”

I picked at my teeth with my claw, pulling out his femur.

“Seriously don’t know how that guy counted as a legendary.”

I shifted back into a catkin and walked into the next room.

“Woah, so much money!”

Then they looked at me. What they were about to ask was obvious.

“I’m sure you're going to be kicked from the guild after your pathetic attempt, so take as much as you can carry, I’ll hold the rest.”

They cheered and used item bags. They, altogether, got roughly half of the gold, so I used dragon form and ate the rest before shifting back to a catkin.

“Why'd you eat it?”

“I can access and separate things, I can use it as a bag.”

“Ah. So, theoretically...”

“No, any meat would get digested almost instantly.”

They flinched.

“Ah.”

“Let’s head back.”

And with that, we left the cave.

_

“We’ve returned.”

“Good to see ya.’ All you are alive I see.”

“Yes.”

“Rose, you don’t look too happy.”

“They hid almost the entire dungeon run.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Find anything interesting?”

“A bunch of gold.”

“Nice!”

“Any tough enemies?”

“We had to fight the wizard Callel.”

Monty started bragging.

“Wasn’t he eaten by a dragon.”

“Oh, he became a lich and I had to kill him.”

“Ah, how much did they contribute.”

“Well, they talked about nonsense, so me and Callel had a nice chat about the surprising amount of weirdos I fight.”

“Ah, and what happened after that.”

“I killed him before he could use his first spell.”

“Ah...”

The quartet looked at me with a betrayed expression.

“Hey, we asked you to give us credit.”

“And I said I’d give you the credit you deserve.”

They drooped before leaving.

“Mammon, could I talk with you, in your office?”

“Sure, come with me.”

We walked into the office, and he turned at me.

“So, what do you want to tell me.”

“The 4 know.”

“They do? Why?”

“2 Whilders attacked us and I had to shift to handle them, I made a contract that they wouldn’t share it though.”

“Good, is that all?”

“No, one of the Whilders was too big for me to handle, so someone helped.”

“Who?”

“An S rank adventurer. He originally was coming for me until he learnt I could talk. Then we worked together to kill the Whilder.”

“I see, what was his name.”

“Asura.”

“Hm, heck of a friend you made.”

“He was strong.”

“Indeed, he’s the number 1 adventurer in strength, and you said you both struggled with the beast?”

“Yes, the Whilders are already known to have evolved, but there were 2 mythics there.”

“Mythics?”

“Yes, and I have a feeling that they are only getting started.”

“You don’t think...”

“I do.”

A Godly has arisen.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
980 Reviews


Points: 148
Reviews: 980

Donate
Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:12 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



Hello there, human! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

Shalt we commence with the mutated S’more?

Top Graham Cracker - Rose kills Callel before he can kill her, she and the other “adventurers” take gold, and a new villain seems to be lurking in the corners.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - I wonder if Rose will ever have to fight someone who seriously hates her…

Chocolate Bar - I love that Rose gave the group what they deserve! If they want to be adventurers, they have to step up and fight, not cower in fear! Rose, as always, stood her ground and continued to fight, like the warrior that she is. :>

Closing Graham Cracker - Overall, a nice chapter of Rose ending Callel just as quickly as he came. But if a Godly has risen…then that could mean trouble. That could mean death. I’ll have to keep an eye for this new character…

I wish you a fantastic day/night! ^v^




User avatar
235 Reviews


Points: 41092
Reviews: 235

Donate
Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:26 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma wrote a review...



Hello Again, My Friend!

It's me, Raven, and I'd like to review the next chapter in this great story using my Familiar method! Let's dive in, shall we? Heh heh heh...

What The Black Eyes See...

This was a perfect follow-up to the last chapter! The fight with Callel was HILARIOUS, and so was Rose once again having to deal with the troupe of morons -I mean, newbies, heh heh. All that, before leading into a very interesting cliffhanger that has me anticipating more action. Let's get into the details though.

Where The Dagger Points...

Nothing much to put here! Good writing job ~

Why The Grin Widened...

Okay, so admittedly, the fight with Callel went less "epic" than I thought it would, I was theorizing he would be some crazy undead wizard with huge spells. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it just as much, haha.

Reading into the encounter, I like how Rose actually found solidarity with him for a moment. The idea of a legendary elf wizard and a whole frickin dragon just chatting was an amusing thought (honestly, it kind of gave me Undertale vibes for some reason haha). I liked the reason why too:

“You are probably the first bad guy I fought that isn’t a pervert.”


Yes, we may kill each other, but I can at least respect your lack of creepiness lol. And then, of course, was the troupe during that encounter...

“Idiot, Callel is too small, besides he’s an undead elf.”

“Maybe he’s a cannibalistic undead elf.”


*facepalm* XD

And ending the encounter with Rose -once again- just munching through him was brilliant ~

The information on Asura was good to glean; as I think I mentioned last time, he strikes me as an interesting character. Regardless, that ending:

A Godly has arisen.


A Godly, you say? Now THIS sounds exciting!

Our Mad Thoughts...

Overall, great chapter to bring an end to the latest dungeon crawl, and it's already setting the stage for another big moment! I notice there is a new chapter today as well, and my curiosity is piqued, so stay tuned for a second review lol. In the meantime, nicely done! :)

Image





Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer