z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A forbidden love

by brookeallo


There's all types of love and relationships, 

each one different from the next.

My favorite would have to be the one shared between you and me,

a forbidden love as you shall see.

I never would have thought or believed,

that I would have fallen for someone like you. 

Growing up you never know,

you try to be like all the others.

Then soon it seems harder,

as the years go by. 

I met you one day and I will never forget it.

Since then we have been inseperable,

and I wonder what this means.

Someone like you,

and someone like me?

Forbidden to be. 

I want to know just what I feel,

but my heart will not let me know.

So know I wait for it to tell me,

if this forbidden love is what I really want. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 8
Reviews: 42

Donate
Thu May 09, 2019 6:05 am
seekingthetruth wrote a review...



not what I expected because the title forbidden love I thought it would be about something forbidden you to find that love. any way a great start to what I think is better written as a story because you add mre contextual detail and more tension and you can add even more to how the narrartor is feeling because you don't have to stick to a tone or a rhyme scheme. I felt your passion and your words jumoed of the page into my heart. so well done

8 /10 keep writing and keep seekingthetruth




User avatar
118 Reviews


Points: 7386
Reviews: 118

Donate
Wed May 08, 2019 6:34 pm
FabihaNeera wrote a review...



Hello,

This poem has a nicely developed idea of forbidden love... this topic actually reminds me of Romeo and Juliet which we just finished reading in school! There are many different types of loves, and I like how you talked about forbidden love because it can be "forbidden" for many reasons. This lets my thoughts run through all the possibilities! These are what I liked about the poem... now on to what can be adjusted.

Growing up you never know,

you try to be like all the others.

Then soon it seems harder,

as the years go by.


I don't really understand the idea of these lines... well the last two lines could probably be talking of this "forbidden love" getting harder keep. Are tthe first two lines talking about how others will just be in a normal relationship? Actually, now my interpretation kind of makes sense, lol. What I'm seeing is that we grow up thinking we're going to be in a normal relationship.. but then we meet someone that makes our love forbidden (I'm connecting this to Romeo and Juliet again...)
Anyway, maybe you could try to make this more clear. Also, I want to point out how this person believes that this forbidden love is is favorite, but then he's not sure if he really wants it in the end. I think these ideas are contrasting... so maybe you could look at that.

Anyway, that's all I found. This is a great poem overall and I hope to read more from you!

Keep Writing. :)



Random avatar
brookeallo says...


thankyou so much for the review. Honestly I wasn't planning on posting the poem cause it wasn't one of my good ones but I did cause I felt like i should still post it. Its hard to understand I think a lot of times it feels like you wants to be with someone but at the same your not sure what you want and it was supposed to seem contrasting if that makes since and the above part I wrote that you didn'texactly understand those lines were used to describe how the relationship I was talking about wasn't exactly normal as I wrote this about my bestfriend who I had fallen in love with and were both girls so its just kind of a sexuality thing and how I grew up believing that I was straight and as I got older my view and how I felt changed.



FabihaNeera says...


Oh, that makes a lot more sense! And yeah, now I can see what you mean. That out our feelings can change so we're just not really sure... and that's how our feelings can contrast. Well, now I can understand that you wrote the idea of this poem on a deeper level.. so it's still really well done!




I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held