z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

After it's over

by brookeallo


The hurt,

its there.

It sticks into the tiny cracks,

like glue holding together what was once so broken.

The memories,

are glazed over.

Hidden far back in the mind,

so that they can't be repeated over again.

The feelings,

that cut deep.

They are still hidden in the skin,

and the scrubbing, does nothing to make me feel whole again. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
26 Reviews


Points: 56
Reviews: 26

Donate
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 pm
DariaTheGirlWhoLovesPizza wrote a review...



Heyyy, I'm here with a review! I loved this poem. You truly conveyed the feeling of hopelessness. I really liked the shortness of the poem, it gave you a punch after reading it. It gave you something to remember.

The metaphors you used were actually amazing, and this is definitely a starstruck poem. I can't really think of any critique for this poem, which is unusual. This gets five stars in my book!

I don't have much else to say, sorry. As always, keep writing!

-Daria



Random avatar
brookeallo says...


Thankyou for the review Im so glad you liked it and thankyou for the follow:)



User avatar
616 Reviews


Points: 122617
Reviews: 616

Donate
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:27 pm
FlamingPhoenix wrote a review...



Hello, FlamingPhoenix here with a short review for you on this lovely night, and to help get your work out the green room.

Okay let's begin with the review!
So I really liked this poem, and what it as about, but a few of the lines in here were a little long. So here is one that can be shortened.

like glue holding together what was once so broken.

Okay the words in bold they can become a completely different sentence, and it wont mess up what you have here ether, the flow would still be the same.

Other than that this poem was really good and I enjoyed everything about it, the emotion was deep and made it so real, meaning it got to me and I felt what you did when you wrote this.
The flow of the poem was perfect, it was slow and made it feel sad, blending well with the emotion. And it made the read rather enjoyable.
Your spelling and grammar was really good as far as I could see, nothing was wrong with it.
Now your title to this poem was really good and it fits what this poem was about, and another thing is that it made me come and read your work to, and I'm really glad I did.

Anyway that's all form me and I hope I will get another chance to read and review your work again, this poem was perfect, and I look forward to seeing more of you works out on YWS, I hope you will have a great day or night, ether one is fine.

Your friend
FlamingPhoenix!
Reviewing with a fiery passion! ;)



Random avatar
brookeallo says...


thankyou so much for reviewing!





No problem!



User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 23

Donate
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:57 pm
Bhaavya Singh wrote a review...



Hiii Brookelo! Your piece of work is really nice. The sentences and the words used are very deep. It is one of those masterpiece, which you can feel while reading. I could experience that emotion when I am hurt, through this. It's really amazing. But I think that the sentence length should have matched, it would just make it a bit more good.
It is fantastic. Keep going with the good work!



Random avatar
brookeallo says...


thankyou:)




The only person I know for certain I am better than is the person I used to be.
— CandyWizard