z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Impossible You

by herbgirl


If I explained how you're beautiful,
In all your words and posture and strength,
Then this poem would stretch to a
Truly unreasonable length.
Because to describe you is impossible,
Impossible, yes, it's true,
For every little thing you do
Makes me fall more in love with you.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 743
Reviews: 32

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:14 am
View Likes
Aravind wrote a review...



Hey herbgirl!

This is a very romantic piece of poetry. Romantic in the sense that you can target someone or even something you love.


Content wise, It's clear how you state the love for someone is infinite, and one cannot easily break down why they love someone/something so much. This concept is clear, and easy for readers to grasp.

Grammar and Spelling is in perfect condition. No flaws are detected.

Structure wise, I feel you could do with small stanzas. End of every full stop could denote a single stanza. Nevertheless, this itself is fine. Use of stanzas would help give each stanza a significant reference to the content subject.

Since you are making references to love being infinite, your writing is very coherent. There are now flaws here.

Literary Devices are used too, but in limited quantity. I am able to spot adjectives, metaphors, and personification.


My personal rating for this work is 3.7/5


Keep Writing :)




User avatar
77 Reviews


Points: 104
Reviews: 77

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:00 am
View Likes
MemoryHunter wrote a review...



Hey it's MemoryHunter~

Aw, this poem was so cute, short and neat! I don't have anything to say really, because that last line was just so sweet. I'm not usually into cliche love poems, but this one got me real good. Yes it's cliche, so that's probably a hint for you to improve and change your perspective on things, but this poem also gets to people.

You could try to detail further on words especially on the second line. Don't tell us 'beautiful' or 'posture' or 'strength', show us beautiful, posture and strength. What I mean is, for example, you write about a beautiful woman. You don't just say that she is beautiful. You say that she has porcelain skin and jet black filaments that stretch down her waist. The 'show and tell' is not only applicable to prose but also poetry.

Plus, I love how you defended the reason why the poem's so short. That 3rd to 6th line made me crack up a little because this poem IS short and not stretching to a truly unreasonable length.

All in all, I loved this: it was cute, neat, short and everything else, but you need to improve on your perspective. Try other things and experiment with writing. Poetry is not only writing about predictable, overused themes but also about exploring other things. Create more detail and write write write!

As always, happy writing~




User avatar
766 Reviews


Points: 650
Reviews: 766

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:59 am
View Likes
Brigadier wrote a review...



Hey there herbgirl. It's just Lizzy dropping by real quick, so without a further ado, let the reviewing begin. I have to be on mobile for most of this review day so pardon any grammar or spelling mistakes of mine.

And thank goodness I can skip right over the grammar and spelling section. The only thing I really have here is just a style preference, it sounds the same either way. After the first impossible, I think it would add more emotion to the line if you used a period instead of a comma. If you stop the line completely before the reader moves on, o think it will stick in their minds more.

I've read and reviewed a couple of your poems in the past. I always enjoy reading them because they seem to have a deep meaning for only a couple of lines. That's the part where it gets tricky in reviewing. This one seems to be very straightforward and uplifting. That's a change to the past couple of works I have read.

The lines flow together pretty well. They are a bit disturbed at line 2 just because of the extensions. It was a bit longer and the repeated use of 'and' seems to make the line even longer. I don't know if you should break it or just get rid of one set. It's really your style here. It sounds alright without any change, it just would sound a bit better with the change.

For once I actually do not have much more to say. I really did like your poem. Good luck to you on any future works. You get your poem short and sweet, and I will do the same for this review.
Happy Review Day!
Lizzy
The Queen of the Book Clubs




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 566
Reviews: 20

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:11 am
View Likes
horseswrite wrote a review...



I love this poem! It is very short and sweet, but it expresses lots of meaning! I like that you described how this poem would last forever if you kept writing and writing. It describes how many things it would take to describe this person. I also like your beat and rhythm in your poem. I also like that it doesn't sound choppy. Also, what would be nice is if you described this person a little more and some of the qualities of this person. I'm probably being picky, you did an amazing job!! Keep up the good work! (:





Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde