Home » Literary works » Art » General

I F***** Up Again

by Vex15

Does this bring back memories of a certain person? 

Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:26 pm
Lumi wrote a review...

Ayy!

This reminds me of an album cover I once saw for an indie band I don't remember the name of. If it comes to me, I'll let you know. Anyway, they had the water-colored speckled cover with two lines of a song on the front, which was the name of the album, and I like the concept of this, only without lines 1 and 3.

I'd much prefer it with just

I need you here
I need you here

because repetition can evoke something that verbosity can't achieve, and with the colors themselves, I'd likely nix the yellow for a darker goldenrod shade for a slightly darker theme all-around if you feel me, but altogether I love this.

Keep it up, and I hope to see more from you!
Ty

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:53 pm
TheDG says...

BTW this reminds me of ' I hate u I love u ' by Gnash, nice work again!! :)

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:52 pm
TheDG wrote a review...

Hiii!!!

I love this piece of art. In fact, is that attempted poetry there in the middle? Or was it some random, inspirational thing that came from nowhere? Either way, I love it. The colors around the border are pretty darn awesome, but there's one thing, it needs to be brighter.

Add some more warmer colors, and colder colors. I'm not saying this isn't nice, but it could be more... saturated, i think? It's mostly pinks, browns, greens. If you can see what I'm talking about.

Btw, is that glitter at the inner circle? Nice touch! And I also like the brown splatter that are distributed uniformly around the glitter.

All in all, good job! 9/10!

Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:11 am
xirisflowerx says...

This is great. The quote brings up many emotions. The colors and strokes of the border show the feelings and reactions associated with being in the situation that goes hand in hand with the quote. Very well done.

Vex15 says...

corgisrock22 says...

This is beautiful, and very clever! I love the choice of color and the quote! This piece has so much emotion! It is absolutely beautiful! And i love the touch of glitter you added! I'm a crow so i love my glitter lol! But this piece is very clever and beautiful! Keep up the great work!

Vex15 says...

XD thank you!

Ashley123 wrote a review...

Wow. I have never seen ANYTHING like this before on this site or anywhere. I never knew that you could post artwork on here, I thought that it was for writing only. But this is super cool, I like the use of colors and artistic creation that you added in it. I do t know much about art, but I thought that this was cool. Keep doing things like this and being creative, you're very good at this. Create the things that others don't know how to do!!!!!!

Vex15 says...

Thank you Ashley! I actually saw the quote on Pinterest, and figured what if somebody could start a story from this? So I posted it. I have about 12 or 13 sketchbooks and I'll be posting more art in the future. Have a great day! :)

NympheaLily wrote a review...

Top of the morning, NympheaLily here!
I love the wreath of color. It looks so well built and it just works. Now, for the words.

I feel like this entire thing is trying to send a message. Not only the words but the wreath too. Now that I look at it more closely, I see that the wreath seems to be contaminated by the black. In my mind, this represents depression, anxiety, and other bad things that everyone hates.

The words are only words without the art behind it, but with the art, the words take on a new different meaning. This is my interpretation, and it may not be anyone else's but y'know, who cares?

Vex15 says...

Wow. This is a wonderful interpretation from just a page of art. I did this with nail polish, and a pen, but I got the quote from Pinterest. Your visualizations are quite unique. Thanks for commenting! Have a good day! :-)

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year