Home » Literary works » Short Story » Humor

No Darkness Can Beat The Cloud

by Horisun

"My Lady, the Darkness, it is invading our borders!"

"Is it now? Well, tell it that it can have a go at invading our Kingdom, but it'll find we're more annoying than it realizes."

"If I may, my Lady, I doubt that would work."

"I don't expect it to, but it's fair if we warn it."

Some Time Later...

"Roar. I am the Evil Darkness, eater of hope and joy, and I shall make a feast of your foolishly optimistic Kingdom!"

"Are you offering to make us dinner? How kind of you, sir!"

"No, I didn't say that."

"You most certainly did! You said, "I shall make a feast!""

"Didn't you hear the rest?"

"The rest of what?"

"That's it."

Clang

Bang

Bonk

MEOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

"Now, it is time to destroy her kingdom!"

Did you really think you could get rid of me that easily?

"EEKKK, what on this rotting planet? How did you get into my phone?

Wow, you scream like a girl.

You can't kill me that easily. Actually, you can't kill me at all. Haha. Nice try though.

"But... How?"

I uploaded myself to the cloud! Did I mention I was part robot?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:08 pm
Liberty says...

Oh god, you're amazing, Horisun!!! I love this so much!!! Also, seriously???

Clang

Bang

Bonk

MEOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Straight out of a cartoon! XD

I'm going insane right now. LOL

Horisun says...

LOL, XD

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:12 am
shieldmaiden wrote a review...

Funny and full of light-hearted humor. I must confess, I was a bit confused near the end, where I wasn't so sure who was who. But that could just be because I read too quickly. I loved the part where you wrote:

"Clang
Bang
Bonk
Meowwwwwww"

That cat screaming nearly had me chuckle - so iconic in many comedies! Great job! And I'm eager to read more of your work.

-Shieldmaiden

salia4 says...

I absolutely love this, great sense of humor and I love how I know exactly what's going on despite it being primarily dialogue. I will definitely have to go through your other works. Great job!

Horisun says...

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:52 am
starchaser wrote a review...

Hello! I loved the humor in this story. It was overflowing with optimism and it made me smile.

"'Roar. I am the Evil Darkness, eater of hope and joy, and I shall make a feast of your foolishly optimistic Kingdom!'" I think "Roar" should be italicized. I also thing that while even though "eater of hope and joy" is okay, I think that because this character seems to like to over-exaggerate, this line would be good also:

"I am the Evil Darkness! Hope and joy is my prey, and I shall make a feast of your foolishly optimistic Kingdom!"

"MEOOWWWWWWWWWWWW" Usually, I don't like it when writers extend their words out like this, but in the case of a humorous short story, it works out fine.

"'Now, it is time to destroy her kingdom!'" I'm not sure why this part is italicized.

"You can't kill me that easily. Actually, you can't kill me at all. Haha. Nice try though.
'But... How?'
I uploaded myself to the cloud! Did I mention I was part robot?" Oof, a plot twist.

This story is a tad bit confusing, but the lack of context adds humor. I hope to see more work from you!

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"