Home » Literary works » Short Story » Humor

Luhfint

by Horisun

"Mrs. Beatrice, how do you spell elephant?" 

"Sound it out, like chewing gum."

"I don't like chewing gum."

"Okay, then, like a- a- stretchy- thing."

"Oh, alright!"

"L-uh-fint- Luhfint!"

LUHFINT!

Corvus wrote a review...

this is a very cute story. I like how simplistic the style is. Writing an adorable short story with 7 words is not an easy thing to do, and you managed to do it amazingly. one thing I noticed is that the last line is not in quotations, and I am not sure if that was intentional or not. I think this is a very relatable poem because the English language is just three languages stacked up in a trenchcoat and sounding it out rarely actually works. I would love to read more from you, so keep writing!

~Corvus

shieldmaiden says...

How on earth did they get from e-l-e-fant to Luhfint?! So funny! Very poignant and cute this short story. I was laughing and found it so relatable! Can't wait to read some more of your work. Keep writing!
-Shieldmaiden

Awru says...

GAWDD!! Why not Miss Q though!!

Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:46 pm
Zrillis wrote a review...

Ok so here my attempt at a review

This is interesting and truly intrigued me, but is there a point to this? Its short and seems like just a fun little thing. If thats that the point then great!

I dont have anything to say about grammer or spelling
as its very short and I don't see anything wrong that I noticed.

Well I enjoyed this little piece and keep it up!

"Honey."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi