The Cycle of Cannibalism.

by elcuidador

Penultimate addition to my disturbing subjects folder. I changed the way I free-verse a bit because of the reviews I got before. I hope this is better.

The Cycle of Cannibalism

Skin, so stretchy, as I dug, twisted, growled,
Wolf-like jaws clenched in Greed's fury.
Pulling my grown meal from starving paws;
Warm flesh slid against my pulsing gums.
Slow sinking fangs replenished my damned lust,
As crimson rushed down my throat, I awake.

Howls let loose, moons watched in despair,
Laughter of craved hunger chorused,
Cries of mercy deafened this island.
Earless and stone hearted, I tread,
Across jungles of pitiless remains.
Fiery eyes swept the land for another,
Of my kin, to free it's soul, to survive.
But time conquered my yearning mind,
Peaked sanity, until my prey was spotted,
The cliff to insanity was where I fell,
As I pounced into impact with the Human.

I snarlled, I tore, completely devoured,
Tongue quivered gladly to its taste,
Recovered the yin, to my lonely yang.
Godly sensations overcame my body,
I awake again, beast revived, divine. 

By:A.T.A (Toe)

guineapiggirl wrote a review...

Hey! I'm going to have a go at reviewing this. this is quite a hard poem to try and review really...

"Skin, so stretchy, as I dug, twisted, growled,
As crimson rushed down my throat, I awake."

THIS OPENING! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, it is so beautifully crafted! this is gorgeous. I love the description and the images you create. Somehow the second stanza just doesn't quite compare. It just doesn't feel so well crafted. I think perhaps there is too much happening in one stanza without any of it being gone into in great detail, like you do in the first stanZA.
Also, this line:

"Of my kin, to free it's soul, to survive."

There shouldn't be an apostrophe in its. Basically, because 'it's' is used for abbreviated it is there isn't an apostrophe in possessive its. So you shouldn't have an apostrophe in this line :D I noticed that you did it right in the last stanza: "Tongue quivered gladly to its taste,"

"Recovered the yin, to my lonely yang."

I love this line loads and loads. It is an awesome line.

My main problem with the poem is that we have no clue in it, other than the title, that the eater is a cannibal not an animal. I think this needs to be more clear otherwise it just reads like a description of an animal eating people and it is less disturbing, and a poem about cannibalism needs to be disturbing :D
I hope i've helped. Lovely poem!

Rosan wrote a review...

I admire your concept of devouring your kin, well, in the composition that is. It is good that you used free-verse, because there were no restrictions on the choice of words you used. The title appealed to my interest which is the made me read it.
There are some things in question that somehow contradicts the title.
The first stanza describes the main character as a beast and the second describes the prey as human. Cannibalism is about eating your own kind which is what makes a beast eating a human not considered as an act of cannibalism.

Please correct me if I got something wrong. I might be over thinking this.
Either way, it was good.

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink