z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Sun

by anshira


Something is bright- it is the sun,

Playing in the sun is so much fun.

But when it gives off excess heat,

People get tired and they long for a seat.

In the heat when people love to rest,

A trip to the beach is the best.

But when it sinks- out comes the moon,

The light is dimming, it'll probably be soon.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
351 Reviews


Points: 11482
Reviews: 351

Donate
Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:05 am
Kanome says...



Hello, anshira.

I like this poem. I love the rhyme and the wording in the poem.

My favorite lines are

But when it sinks- out comes the moon,
The light is dimming, it'll probably be soon.


I don't know why, I just love that part.

Anyways, I see no errors in this poem that I know of.

Keep up the good work! ~

- K




anshira says...


Thank you



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 16

Donate
Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:25 pm
yadanialler says...



nice very nice,keep the good work




anshira says...


Thanks



User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 881
Reviews: 45

Donate
Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:11 pm
runawaylove wrote a review...



Hey, Runawaylove here to review your poem!

First of all this poem shows that you are a writer with a lot of potential. This poem is ofcourse simple, but it is good and makes perfect sense. I like your use of punctuation. I like how you rhymed the lines. I love poems that rhyme.

Now, I also prefer a little lengthy. This poem could be divided into stanzas and this whole poem could be a paragraph of it. Sometimes, rhymes make the poem a little forced, too simple or maybe too complicated. Try to avoid doing that. Also, make your poems descriptive and try to put as much details and imagery as possible. As this is a very relatable subject you could work more on it.

This poem is just adorable because of its length and simple language. You can do way better if you try. Keep writing! :)




anshira says...


Thanks, I will try to improve on what you said. XD



User avatar
332 Reviews


Points: 10657
Reviews: 332

Donate
Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 pm
Blackwood wrote a review...



Some cute rhymes you have here. Its not very scientific but I am sure your class enjoyed it very much.

People get tired and they long for a seat.
This line is very true.

The light is dimming, it'll probably be soon.

I think you could have done a better job with that line, i know its for the sake of rhyming, but if you give it an extra thought you could do something more magical with it.

Overall good use of punctuation. You are consistent in rhyming, so i say job well done. I think you could write more poems on the sun and try and use imagery and metaphors as well. This is very cute and straight forward but you can explore your potential with more complex words in the future.

Good job and keep at it.




anshira says...


Thanks for your feedback.



User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 597
Reviews: 14

Donate
Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:13 am
novelist says...



Finally, a simple poem that makes sense. I have to correct you on this part, the last line should not have a comma, I think. Where it says "But when it gives off excess heat" doesn't sound very poetry-ish, to me. Still, keep writing!




anshira says...


Thanks



Random avatar

Points: 390
Reviews: 17

Donate
Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:56 am
sanju wrote a review...



I liked the rhyming; something that many young poets do not do. I also neither have the capability nor the intent of framing my poems with the rhyming in mind. Somehow, I find it difficult to do.

The last line undoubtedly, is my favourite of the piece.

The overall effect of the poem is good. Having said that, the poem can be lengthened especially when you are writing about something as obvious as the Sun and the light.

Keep it up and in future try to be more adventurous in your though process and subject matter.

Hope this helps.




anshira says...


Thanks, I will try to benefit from your review



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 433
Reviews: 37

Donate
Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:08 am
Jcsmooth wrote a review...



JC here

I like how you made everything rhyme, I would love too see you break out of the rhyming schemes though.
I am a free poet often times do I write with no restrictions other than spelling
My favorite part of your poem is the ending lines

But when it sinks- out comes the moon,

The light is dimming, it'll probably be soon.

I like how the moon is portrayed here, even though its a poem about the sun.

Keep it up and I will be following you in your poetic journeys

JC




anshira says...


Thanks for reviewing my work. Will try to follow your advice.




it's ok, death by laughter was always how i've wanted to go out
— Carina