Tree Problem [1]

by Vervain

-text removed-

elysian wrote a review...

Hello and Happy Review Day! Here to give what I think will be my last review this review day! <3

**disclaimer: I will most likely focus on negative aspects more so than positive aspects when reviewing, and this is just to help you grow as a writer! It is totally okay not to agree with something I say! Also, If I repeat anything already said, it's probably because it needs to be changed!**

wow, I don't have much to say about this honestly, I thought it was set up really good and you have a smooth writing style. Also, I've seen the name "Maeve" in another story recently, which is odd considering I've never heard that name before in my life xD

I will say I'm a bit confused by the tree. Is it literally grabbing things?? As in magically? and did it grow that big overnight? I might be missing something there but it just kind of confused me xD

I don't know what else to say honestly, again, there wasn't much wrong with this. There also wasn't a lot to this part either, but that's okay.

I hope I helped in some way xD

- Del <3

Elinor wrote a review...

Hey Lareine!

Happy review day! I'm here to review your short story on behalf of the Red Rangers.

I quite like this. I think you have a really nice writing style and and it was easy to follow. Your voice is really strong as well. Do you usually write prose or poetry? I can't remember if it's come up before. The setup is also good. I'm definitely intrigued to see where it goes considering that it's categorized in fantasy and supernatural and yet starts out very normally.

The one suggestion I would have would be to maybe offer a little bit more setup in regards to the relationship between Avie and her parents. I'd like to see Kim being dropped with her and how it's interfered with whatever other plans she may have had. I'm also a little confused on what exactly possesses her to call the number. If I saw something like that, I think I would just ignore it, so I think more clarification on that would be good.

Other than that, I don't have too much else to say. This was a great set-up and I'd definitely be interested in reading more! Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Elinor

I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless