z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Girl of stars

by TheBlueCat


I’m the girl of stars; I let stars dust

my hair and shimmer in my eyes;

I let stardust flow through my

veins and glow in my words;

I gaze at the world

with wonder; my

whole being

full of

stars


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 418
Reviews: 8

Donate
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:11 am
View Likes
Dani965 wrote a review...



I love the simplicity of this. It's short and sweet and this put an image in my mind that made me smile. I can't really explain it very well but it was a girl who was basically just floating in space whilst multiple stars started raining their beautiful, sparkly stardust over her and for some reason that made me happy? It just made me smile as i thought of it.




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 1798
Reviews: 30

Donate
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:26 am
View Likes
WritingPrincess wrote a review...



I love this poem so much. So much that I’m going to review it. :)

I really liked the theme of this poem, and most of all I like the way you described the stars.

I’m the girl of stars; I let stars dust
my hair and shimmer in my eyes;

I think this is a really nice, relaxing way to start the poem. I also like the way you have used the semi-colons here.

I let stardust flow through my
veins and glow in my words;

Here, I think shine would sound smoother then glow.

I gaze at the world
with wonder; my
whole being

Here, I feel like my should be on the line with whole being.

full of
stars

I think this would sound better if it were just one line.

Overall, I really like the poem! I hope this helped, and keep writing!




TheBlueCat says...


Thanks! I'm glad you liked it ^-^ The reason the lines are seperated like they are is because I was trying out a structure called a nonet. You start with nine syllables and then do one less syllable each line. Thanks for the thoughts though!





Oh cool! That makes sense now.



User avatar


Points: 246
Reviews: 1

Donate
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:04 pm
View Likes
ToHogwartsInATARDIS wrote a review...



Hi, there! I don't really know much about reviewing poetry, but I'll give it my best shot! :D

First of all, there aren't any complex words in this whatsoever. This isn't to knock you, but to compliment you! You've evoked such emotion, without using words longer than two syllables! How can you even do that?! I've tried so hard, but I can never achieve that! Second, I love how it sounds like the stars and the stardust is coming from within, and as a result, it's how you view the entire world. It's so poetic, and it's so gorgeous. Great job!


Keep on writing!

-TARDIS




TheBlueCat says...


Thank you so much! If find it interesting myself that I don't have to use long words honestly haha! (I think you did a great job reviewing it c:) Glad you enjoyed it!



User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:08 am
View Likes
Eros wrote a review...



Hey there, TheBlueCat !!

This is Eros here, bringing a review for this beautiful piece of poetry of yours !!

Let's start the review with the title. A good Title must be catchy, attractive, apt and appropriate, short and sweet aand obviously related to the content.

I am glad to say that the title you have given to this poem has fulfilled all the criterias mentioned above. It made the poem all the more attractive.

Not only the title was simply attractive, but the poem was also very engaging for the readers to keep reading.
The main aspect that I loved here was the short length of the poem. It makes the poem sweet to read and also to look at.

I personally find it as a talent to write so many things, imaginations and ideas by using such a less amount of words.

I like the idea of startdust flowing through the veins in the lines,

I let stardust flow through my

veins and glow in my words;


Overall it was a sweet little poem full of fantastic imaginations and the way you have expressed everything, ususing different set of words ...

It was a great poem

Keep writing such beautiful poetries and other stuff and we would love to keep reading them and reviewing them !

Have a great day /night !!
With love,
From Eros.




TheBlueCat says...


Thanks! I'm so glad you liked it! I can also agree with loving short poems, and I'm glad my poem fit nicely into your other criteria. Thanks again! ^-^



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 1605
Reviews: 37

Donate
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:21 pm
View Likes
AriannaC says...



I love this poem. I wish it were longer! Also, you used the word "stars" way to much in the first line. Other than its shortness and the tiny mistake in the first line, this is awesome. Jesus loves you! Keep writing.


Until The End And Beyond

-Ari




TheBlueCat says...


Thanks for the thoughts!




We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun