z

Young Writers Society



Unsaid

by NivedaJames22


Sometimes I feel a gnawing

Deep within my heart.

I wonder about all the things

That I had to say

But didn't.

~

Every word, every phrase

That should have left me,

Stays deep within me still

Taunting me,

Hauntingly.

~

These words, they're like

Ghosts who stay

Near me even in the dark.

They burn me and ask

To be said aloud.

~

They make me think of

Past things gone,

Friends who've left,

Fun that's done.

All over now.

~

They deride me, calling me

A coward, a weakling,

One who can't speak out

What they

Want to say.

~

One day, I think I'll burst

And spew out those

Words that I never said

Those words

Left unsaid.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
76 Reviews


Points: 1285
Reviews: 76

Donate
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:52 am
Phillauthet wrote a review...



Wow! This poem is so utterly relatable. I always tend to hold my anger inside... And one fine day, it might burst out. I really love how you've captured that in words. Even the word choice gives that chilll.

One thing I really want to know, where do you get your ideas from? Do you have like a fountain in your head where you can just grab what suits you best? Or do you just pick random events from life and write about them? 'Cause I've read all your poems, and all of their themes stand out, and make me go 'How d'ya think that up?'

I think this was your best stanza;

These words, they're like

Ghosts who stay

Near me even in the dark.

They burn me and ask

To be said aloud.


I absolutely love the imagery.

And this:

One day, I think I'll burst

And spew out those

Words that I never said

Those words

Left unsaid.


A perfect ending.

I especially like the way you end all (most!?) of your poems with the name of the poem. Or is it the other way round? Maybe you decide the name based on your last line.
Anyway, that really completes the whole thing, and it's like giving a personal signature.

Your style is also really unique, that if I read a poem of yours, I can go 'Hey, maybe that's
NivedaJames22's!' (Or whatever you like to be called.)

I also love the way your words simply roll off the tongue. My favourite line, based on the smoothness, is

Taunting me,

Hauntingly.


Speaking about that stanza, there's just one thing I'd like to point out, just a simple grammar mistake. Maybe that's done on purpose.

In the second line of the second stanza, you say,

That should left me,


I think you meant 'that should have left me' or 'that should leave me'.

Anyway, this poem was reaaaallly good.

Keep Writing!






Hey Phillauthet!

One thing I really want to know, where do you get your ideas from? Do you have like a fountain in your head where you can just grab what suits you best? Or do you just pick random events from life and write about them? 'Cause I've read all your poems, and all of their themes stand out, and make me go 'How d'ya think that up?'


About this, I guess its sort of like a combination of both...sometimes the lines just sort of come to me while I'm doing something completely different, and at other times, it's more of what I'm actually feeling, but most of the times its a little bit of both.

I especially like the way you end all (most!?) of your poems with the name of the poem. Or is it the other way round? Maybe you decide the name based on your last line.


About this, I honestly never noticed that I do that, but in retrospect I guess I do. I don't usually try to force that but sometimes, it just feels right I guess.

Speaking about that stanza, there's just one thing I'd like to point out, just a simple grammar mistake.


Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't picked up on that error.

Your style is also really unique, that if I read a poem of yours, I can go 'Hey, maybe that's
NivedaJames22's!' (Or whatever you like to be called.)


About this, thank you so much!! I'm so glad you get that feeling!

Thanks for the review! (:

Have a great day/night!



Phillauthet says...


No problem! ^_^



User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 1763
Reviews: 60

Donate
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:29 pm
View Likes
LizzyTyler wrote a review...



Hello,

Hi. I was reading your poem, and I absolutely loved it. My favorite type of poem is the short, unhindered, and heartfelt ones everyone can relate to. I once made a poem similar to this, but more about insecurities. I love the style, and the meaning behind this poem. It spoke to me, and I'm sure it spoke, and will speak, to many others.






Thank you! (:



User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 122
Reviews: 27

Donate
Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:06 pm
Emivanz1 wrote a review...



Hey emivanz here for a short review (or a long one idk)
This was such an amazing poem that I think we can all relate to. you wonderfully described the words we all mean to say, but never do.
Glows
This poem flowed really well. I could just hear each stanza roll off the tongue.
It was the perfect tone. I imagine this poem to be sort of airy, floaty sort of piece. One that is almost like the words you cant always get out, floating.

Grows
there were not a lot of these, (the poem was so well written.)
The only thing i didn't understand was the line, "Friends who've left ,fun" why was the word fun added in there.

overall this poem was an incredibly work, and i hope you write more!
your friend
Emivanz






Thanks for reviewing! :)



User avatar


Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:34 pm



This is so relatable and beautifully written :)






Thank you!
Glad you liked it! (:




The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone