z

Young Writers Society

The 1st Monthly YWS Review Games!

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:57 pm
Paracosm says...

Welcome to the 1st Monthly YWS Review Games!

FAQ

Spoiler! :
What are the YWS Review Games and how do I play?

The YWS Review Games are a monthly event ran by the unofficial brutal dictator of YWS, Paracosm. For this event, tributes are asked to review works to gain stats, survive disasters, and outlast their opponents. In the end, the tribute who survives the brutal battle will become a game-maker and assist in the next month's games, should they choose to.

What is a reaping?

The reaping is where tributes/contestants are chosen for the games. In order to be entered into the drawing, you must do at least three reviews after the reaping has been announced. Put the links to these reviews in your post announcing that you are entering the games. Each review after the initial three you do to enter will add your name one time to the drawing. This means that if I do three reviews, I'll be entered once. If I do four reviews, I'll be entered twice, if I do five reviews, I'll be entered three times, and so on.

How do I play in this contest?

Easy, you review! The more reviews you do, the better. During the games, there will be two phases, Training Week, and The Review Games.

Do I have to role-play?

No, role-play is optional. You can just post links to your reviews if you want to.

What is Training Week?

During training week, you do as many reviews as you can. At the end of training week, you will be granted between 1 and 12 stat points to help you out during the games. You will put these points into one of four areas: Life, Intellect, Strength, and Survival. These will be explained further during training week.

How do I win the games?

You do the most reviews of the highest quality you can. Your survival is based on how many reviews you do. Every day, the player with the least reviews will be knocked off by a natural disaster, unless one of their stats is deemed high enough to save them. For example, this is my character, and I scored an 11 during training week.

Life: 3
Intellect: 3
Strength: 3
Survival: 2

11 Points is a great score, and it shows. A day passes and someone has to go, so an event is announced for the day. Today's event: a volcanic eruption, since it is only the third day of the games it costs two points in each stat to survive, so I make it. However, Bobby didn't do good reviews during training week, and he only did three, so here's how his character, who scored a seven, looks.

Life: 2
Intellect: 2
Strength: 2
Survival: 1

Yikes! He's consumed by lava. Too bad he didn't train harder!

Basically, these stats determine how much leeway you are granted during the games. So if you are like me, and you take fifteen minutes to do a single review, you still stand a chance during the games.Victory isn't entirely determined by your number of reviews alone.

Can I fight other people?

Yes! You can challenge another tribute to a battle. The other tribute can accept or try to escape the battle. If they have higher intellect or survival, they can escape. If not, then the battle will ensue. The tribute with the most reviews in a twenty-four hour period wins. But don't worry, if you lose you aren't out of the game. If you have high enough Life, you will survive, but you must deduct one stat point from your character.

What good are reviews during the games?

Reviews are invaluable during the games. Lets say you are into the second week of the games. Stat costs are getting higher during disasters, and you only have one Life because you've been getting into fights. If you have done enough reviews during the games, you can get a care package to tack on some life points and increase your odds of survival.

What do I get if I win?

If you win the games, you are made a gamemaker, and you get to assist President Paracosm in planning and running the next games! You also get 3000 points. Plus you will probably earn a new star and reviewing should make you feel good.

No! I lost!

Oh well, no biggy, now you are a sponsor! That means you can help out other contestants by doing reviews and purchasing care packages for them. Or, if you are more sinister, you can pay off the gamemaker to put the squeeze on an enemy tribute.

Rules

Spoiler! :
1. All reviews must be made after the beginning of each round is announced, and before each round ends. That means if I put in a review from three days ago in my reaping entry, I will not be entered into the games.

2. If a review is spam, chatspeak, or uses phrases like lulz and whatev, you probably shouldn't try to use it during the games.

3. Have fun, this is a game after all.

4. Do the best reviews you possibly can.

5. Obey the rules to each round, which will be posted when they begin.

Possible Tributes

Spoiler! :
(User)(# of Times Entered)

Tributes

Spoiler! :
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

178 Reviews

Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:05 pm
Paracosm says...

The Reaping has officially begun! If you want to join The Review Games, submit at least three reviews, there are a minimum of 10 spots open.
Last edited by Paracosm on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:23 am
yubbies21 says...

Oh dear, Am I too late?
beep

317 Reviews

Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:48 am
lostthought says...

Well there is barely anyone who joined. I would put the reviews down just in case. Besides you're only late by a few hours.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:20 am
joebot says...

I'll jump in here really quick, if that's okay! I just joined the site but this looks fun. I hope I'm not too late.

A Hitman

The Biggest Lie Ever Told

An Introduction

178 Reviews

Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 am
Paracosm says...

Um, we'll extend the deadline until we have enough contestants to begin. So, feel free to join whenever you have enough reviews.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

317 Reviews

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:58 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

Great idea. It'll be slow at first due to the fact it's the first one but after a couple months and some advertising to friends the news will spread like wild fire.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:55 am
View Likes
Rook says...

So any reviews from Dec 2nd till now? Alright! This sounds fun!
I will probably be killed off first
Dodging Bullets
58 Poppies
Thermal Expansion (The Burning Man)
Am I Writer
Demons are hiding
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places, you’re off and away!
— Dr. Seuss