z

Young Writers Society



Tears

by IWantLifeBack


You are in tears.

You have no clue why.

You don't understand

You want the tears to stop.

They just keep running down your face.

The tears never stop.

You are sick of the tears.

Why won't they just go away?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 341
Reviews: 16

Donate
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:06 pm
Emotion1405 wrote a review...



Really enjoyed this one because it was so easy to associate with if you know what I mean. Them times where you just want to break down in tears but you aren't completely sure why and just wanting it all to stop. And the question at the end "Why won't they just go away?" That's a great piece to add there as even just reading that made me ask myself questions. Amazing how such a short poem can have such a great impact. Very well done :)






thank you



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 562
Reviews: 10

Donate
Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:43 pm
View Likes
RedRozeNinja13 wrote a review...



This actually brought to light a lot of feelings I've been having really often fairly recently...you were able to put into words what I even strived to comprehend, so kudos for that. There is a sadness within us that sometimes even we cannot comprehend nor cope with- a sadness that nearly always manifests itself in tears. Your technique was new to me, and very much pleasing. This poem is now a favorite of mine- and I have no doubt I will be revisiting it time and timer again in the future.






thank you very much



User avatar
317 Reviews


Points: 20
Reviews: 317

Donate
Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:33 am
lostthought wrote a review...



Hey! Since you are still sorta new and I haven't greeted you yet, Welcome to YWS! I know, I know, you might be protesting you aren't such a newbie anymore but I still wanted to bide you hello. So, on to the review!

I hate tears, but I also love them. Tears show weakness, but they also show life. People cry when they are sad, hurt or in pain. But they also fall when they are happy. Tears aren't so bad, sometimes.

This is beautiful. The simplicity creates an image of a person crying. A person who wants to stop crying and hates the tears but still they run down their face.

Keep writing my YWS brother (or sister!)

~lost






Thanks :)



Random avatar

Points: 366
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:47 pm
View Likes
lilyE says...



i hate tears, i find tears to be weakness the minute a solitary tear drops you lose it all . so honey all you have to do is smile, chin up and say WORLD YOU CANT BRING ME DOWN.






thanks :)! back when i wrote this i was going through a lot and i didn't know what i could do to just forget about everything and think its not my fault which what happened wasn't my fault what so ever. it took some time for me to be the strong person i am today



Random avatar

Points: 366
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:26 pm
View Likes
lilyE says...



this is beautiful






well thank you



User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 525
Reviews: 34

Donate
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:23 am
View Likes
planve wrote a review...



Hmmmm...I don't know what to think of this. Its a bit strange to read and take in. I can't help but think that somethings are missing from it but the bad thing is that i just don't know what it is. Anyway, though i get a vague meaning to it, i wished it would be a bit longer so that i could get a bit more understanding instead of thinking about someone crying.Anyway, good work and i hope my comment is a bit helpful.





It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr