Nerds

by rida

you may call me a nerd         

you may think that whenever you say that, I feel hurt      

you may call me lame      

and that to be me, it would be a shame

But, guess what? I don’t care      

I’m proud of my knowledge of what happened where      

so, I don’t care      

some may say, I’m even rare

I’m proud to be me     

I’m happy and lucky to be me      

and I’m happy I am not you, bully       

who doesn’t even know ‘bee’ starts with ‘B’

One day you will repent,      

not studying and end up living in a tent

So, I’m happy and lucky and proud to be a nerd      

yes, a miss - know - it - all, even if you think I am absurd

BhavyaMehta123 wrote a review...

Hey! I loved this poem. I am too partially a nerd and was fully one some years back. This poem was great. Sprinkled with element of humour, a nerd taking stand and most importantly accepting and loving herself. These were all things I just fell for instantly.
But here is a personal opinion and something which just banished me from being a full time nerd. Isn't it little disregard to just shun the people who are not nerds? All don't end in tent I guess. Ofcourse we must face those who disregard us. But shunning and disregarding wouldn't be great. Everyone is not same I guess. Being nerd is not everyone 's cup of tea.
I learnt one thing overtime. It is great to be a nerd but be yourself just don't lose yourself in the process. What is your opinion would love to know.
This was indeed a lovely piece
Keep Writing!
Happy RevMo

rida says...

Well, in the poem, the nerd isn%u2019t just shunning the people who aren%u2019t, but instead, facing the bullies who bully the nerd. And, you were absolutely correct about not losing your true selves by being a nerd, and I%u2019m really happy you liked my poem! Yes, there is a world outside the books, so, instead of hiding yourselves in the books, you should be, medium, I guess, to enjoy time with friends and family, but don%u2019t banish yourself from the island of books, or, knowledge. Again, thank you for the compliment, and I%u2019m really glad you enjoyed my poem. :)

rida says...

rida says...

Sorry, I didn%u2019t mean to send 2 replies

Yes I agree with you on these grounds. And your poem was absolutely lovely. Looking forward to others too. :)

SpunkyMonkey wrote a review...

Hey rida!

This poem is really funny and accurate. It seems like it all flows naturally. Except for this line,

"some may say, I'm even rare"

This just doesn't seem like it fits, probably because of the odd sentence structure. Maybe try to switch it around? or change it all together.

Really liked this poem

Spunkyspacekitty out

rida says...

Thank you so much! And, when I was writing, I did have a doubt in that line, but I felt it was much better then- I%u2019m the best, special, even rare,
But, I will think of a better one! Thank you!

momonster wrote a review...

Momo, here to review this wonderful work! Note: if you don't like some of my suggestions, please ignore them c:

I really like this poem! I am a bit of a nerd myself, so I appreciate this a lot! You are really good at rhyming the words. I wish I had your talent! There were just a few things I wanted to point out to make this even better, so let's get started!

so,I don’t care

There should be a space between the comma and "I".

I really like this line! It's very funny.

That's all I could see. Again, this is a really good poem, and I love it! Keep writing, and have a happy RevMo!
Momo

rida says...

Thank you so much! I will edit it, thank you!
:)

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:34 am
rida says...

This should be in the poems section, but it did not show other options except for art,

See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney