Reviewing

by rida

Hey there! Rida here for a review on this amazing piece ‘Young Writer’s Society’!

Also, congratulations on hitting the spotlight! 

First impressions: W O W! Amazing! I really enjoy it! Thank you so much for sharing it! This has helped so many immature writers bloom! 

GLOWS

I have seen WattPad, I have seen Wordpress and I have seen Pratilipi, but none are equal to this! It’s just so amazing, and I feel really lucky to be a member in YWS! ^_^  Below I’ve written some points:

~ The one thing I really like about YWS is how friendly the people are!! No matter which grade, which country and which accent, people treat you like they are your friends. This is one of the things I love about YWS. 

~ The other thing is the points system. I would’ve never reviewed if it was not for the points system, so all works get a review like this. 

~ I like how you can’t just post stories and writing here, but you can also give your art, participate in roleplays (which are super fun, so thanks for that) and can chat with PMs or in the chatroom, or of course, in the writerfeed pads. 

~ I also like the ‘wall’ system. You can post comments on other people’s walls and they can reply, keeping everything lively and cheerful. 

~ Which brings me to the next one, which is the ‘clubs’ system. This is another amazing thing, because then you can meet people who, apart from having writing as their hobbies, might also have other ones and you can then interact. 

~ Another thing is the rating in a work. I’m so glad YWS has it, because I’m still not that big! 

~ the other one is the blog area. I really like it! You can share anything there! 

~ Then we have the regular little contests and things like that, which appear every now and then to keep things from getting too boring. Such as NaPoWriMo, NaNoWriMo, social week and so on. 

~ Last but certainly not least, I love how YWS doesn’t force you to give your personal information like age, name, place etc. 

GROWS: 

As much as I love this place, the only things are....

1. 

Too Addictive. Not kidding.

2. 

The blog area isn’t that popular, trust me, I’ve seen some pretty good bloggers here, and I don’t think they’re getting the appreciation they deserve. 

Lastly: 

Thank you so much for YWS! All the users here are grateful. You’ve helped so many people! What d’you know? A few of us might grow up to be famous writers or poets or artists! (Or song writers. Or..... I can’t remember anything else. Please remind me anything I’ve forgotten.) 

Keep being awesome! 

~rida 

:) :) :) 

:D :D :D

MaybeAndrew says...

I love meta works
You just reminded me to finish mine.
This was awesome though! YWS deserves to be appreciated.
And honestly, you compelled me to open the blogs section, which I have literally never done.

rida says...

:D thank you!

Lib says...

this is beautiful <3 <3 <3

rida says...

Thanks! :D also, I had a notif that you mentioned me in a comment but your profile is set as hidden.

Lib says...

Huh! That's odd because I checked my privacy settings and you aren't on blocked, so you should be able to see it but I think if I follow you, it should work ~

rida says...

It worked! :)

momonster says...

Great job!!

rida says...

:D :D

silented1 says...

So good.

rida says...

:D thanks!

yoshi says...

wow

i have to say-- this isn't that dramatic, nor humorous, but it has a certain glow to it

i love how you reviewed yws. this is just awesome.

rida says...

:D thank you! <33

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:46 pm
starbean wrote a review...

Hello! Hannah here for a quick review on this interesting piece.

First of all, I agree with all of the good things and bad things that you put! YWS is a lovely site, it is so active and friendly! I have made some life-changing friends here. This whole site changed my life, and based on the points you made it changed yours too.
I also love how you addressed Young Writers Society as if it was a literary work. I thought the first point in your Grows section was hilarious! It is definitely addictive. I wouldn't make any changes to this piece.

Keep writing things like this! I hope you have a great day!

Hannah

rida says...

Thank you so much for the review of this review :P yes, YWS really did change my life

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:18 pm
illy7896 wrote a review...

This was such a nice review of YWS. I can totally relate to the Grows and the Glows, and I too feel the same way. It's awesome to know that there's a place where your work can be reviewed with good feedback and also to read other incredible stories bound to become bestsellers in the future.

I loved the way that you have addressed YWS like you would for an actual piece of work. In a way, it really is an extract that can influence, change and help people grow with their writing, reading and even social skills.

I can't see much to improve on, but this was a really sweet piece of writing and also made me feel lucky to be part of YWS.

I enjoyed reading this :)

rida says...

Thank you so much for the review of this review! :P

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price