[Light floods in- - -]

by rida

Lights- - -> lights lightly laugh- lithe dancing dreams drenching darkness and all the promises she failed to keep\\ city lights giggle, flutter, flicker- stars stuttering, hopes fluttering - - - drowning in darkness\\ glowworms giggle, gasp, glitter, flutter~ magic moments of memories [fly-too-close, flight crashes on our feet]\\ light lulling us to sleep, slow breaths building castles in our dreams- - - daytime dwindles, dreams darken & light flickers, flutters, glitters, glimmers.

waywardxwallflower wrote a review...

Hello! Wallflower here for a quick review (:

At first, the formatting of this poem threw me off, but once I started reading it began to make sense - it fits with the sort of poem it is. It's unique and creative and definitely adds something to the poem.

"lithe dancing dreams drenching darkness and all the promises she failed to keep" I absolutely LOVE this line. Your alliterations are lovely, and the contrast of the first and second half of this line brings some darkness into play, mixed with wonder. The constant contrast between the darkness and light throughout this poem is incredibly well done, and the ending- contrary to the beginning - starts on darkness and ends in light.

This poem is absolutely beautiful. Your diction, alliteration, and figurative language is fantastic, and your writing style is unique and beautiful. You should definitely be proud!

rida says...

Thank you so much for the amazingly encouraging review!!!

This poem was short,but sweet.Now,the lights could mean anything.They could be taken literally,as in actual lights or they could be the small glimmer of hope that is in everyone’s life,which could be a light to them.I loved how descriptive you were when you were talking about lights.”City lights giggle,flutter,flicker..” That brings to mind the sparkling lights.Your poem was clear and beautiful.Good Job!

rida says...

Thanks!! ^_^

snapcracklepop wrote a review...

Firstly, I really liked the unconventional formatting of this poem, and how you used the symbols we often find on our keyboards to further convey a sense of atmosphere. When I read this in full, I was immediately immersed the setting. It made me think of a remote area like a pond, or a swamp that was just filled with lightning bugs. The lines that most intrigued me/the ones I liked the most was:

"city lights giggle, flutter, flicker- stars stuttering, hopes fluttering - - - drowning in darkness\\ glowworms giggle, gasp, glitter, flutter~ magic moments of memories."
Not only is it a simple, but beautifully crafted line, but it also has a certain rhythm to it that conveys some sort of anxiety from the narrator, who's afraid of the world around them fading away(?) I'm not that sure.

In conclusion: I have to say that I really, really enjoyed this piece, and I am super glad I clicked on it. Reading it was a really good way to start my day.
Keep writing

-snapcracklepop

rida says...

Thanks for the review!!! Amazing username by the way!!!!

You're welcome, and thank you for the kind compliment!

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill