12+

wire

by Via

the wire Cuts into my soles.

i can't see them: my feet on the wire,

but i know they are Bleeding

and despite what you think,

i actually do know when something Hurts me.

the fog is Heavy.

i know there is another side to this Canyon somewhere

but i don't know if it's Five feet away

or five Hundred.

you're Behind me,

at the Start, holding my shoes,

shaking the tight Rope whenever You feel like it,

hoping I will Fall.

why can I see You so clearly

when i can see Nothing else at all?

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:10 pm
dm74 wrote a review...

I like the rawness of the imagery, especially with the wire cutting into their soles, it's vivid and impactful. The fog adds a sense of disorientation and uncertainty, which I find relatable. The mention of someone behind them holding their shoes creates a sense of vulnerability and danger. It's interesting how they question why they can see that person so clearly amidst the uncertainty of their surroundings. The overall atmosphere is mysterious and unsettling, drawing me into the scene.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:26 pm
miablue24 wrote a review...

This poem is very deep. It took me a second to understand what was truly going on. I was confused but the last two sentences REALLY pulled it together for me.

(Why can I see you so clearly, When I can see nothing else at all?)

I reread it, and wow. I'm guessing that this poem means that a person can blind you so much from the outside world. From anything that hurts you, from seeing their true self. That's until you finally realize what's going on.

This was very, very well written. It's a lot to take in in such a short poem. Overall, It was very good! I love your work.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:15 pm
Moonlily wrote a review...

Hello Hello, I hope you will feel better soon if this is based on you. First off I love the mood and feeling this gives off I can really understand the anger that's starting to bloom. I would recommend only a few things because it is very well done and keep in mind that this is my personal opinion.

The first one is just a small nitpick, but if you want to push the mood maybe describe the feeling of the wire cutting into your feet. Is it a pain that slices through your heel like a fresh sword or does it make your nerves scream? Secondly, my next one is in a similar vein. I feel that maybe putting both some imagery and sensory details would help elevate this piece.

Perhaps things like choking on the cool fog below the tightrope or that the world looks like an ethereal mass under your feet. Again you don't have to do this is just my opinion.

Overall it's well done I hope you keep writing and remember to drink water.

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel