z

Young Writers Society



my favorite book

by LadyBug



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
210 Reviews


Points: 14740
Reviews: 210

Donate
Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:03 am
View Likes
AkuRashomon wrote a review...



Hi @LadyBug.

You are very good at simple yet elegant and beautiful poems. I'm gonna applaud and follow you for that. This reminds me of my imaginary best friend I had when I was seven. You love that person like your favorite book. Even if it has errors and mistakes, you'll still love them for that. Well, that's what make everyone human after all, they make mistakes, grow over them and move on to the future. This poem like shows the narrator's emotions and feelings toward their bestie. I hope whoever bestie you wrote this for is very lucky and happy. My favorite line is the first one: "i love you like my favorite book, humanized though indelible marks and grammatical errors". Also, the under just makes me laugh. Over all, I enjoyed it very much. Keep it up! Merry Christmas!




User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 1763
Reviews: 60

Donate
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:35 pm
View Likes
LizzyTyler wrote a review...



Good morning, afternoon, evening, or night!

First, I would like to begin by saying your poem was very beautiful! I loved how simple and short it was, able to convey the feelings and emotions of the author, something that is, to me at least, difficult to do in such a short poem. But you were able to accomplish just that.

I loved the meaning behind your poem as well. I loved the emotion it conveys, and the message that you are imperfect, you are flawed, and I love all of you. This poem seemed to me to be about two best friends. I might be wrong, it might be a romantic poem, but that wasn’t really the impression that I got from it. I think I really connected with this poem because it of its message. I think everyone wants someone who will love them like that in their life.

I think my favorite line in the poem was the first one. “i love you like my favorite book, humanized through indelible marks and grammatical errors” It has such an impact on the reader, especially since it’s the first line they see. I absolutely loved the little grammatical error line beneath those words.

I don’t have many critiques, other than a bit of confusion on my part about the lines “loud-mouthed loons” and the word “indelible”. For the first one, I was unsure of what or who “loud-mouthed loons” were. Are they people who call out the person the narrator is talking about for being imperfect, or is a description of the person the writer is talking about? And I don’t know what the word “indelible” means, and read it as inedible, which didn’t make sense in the context of the poem. Though I guess that one doesn’t count as a critique, because that was 100% my fault.

All in all, I very much enjoyed your poem, and I hope to see more of your work around soon! Stay safe and keep writing!

-Lizzy




User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 1129
Reviews: 9

Donate
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:48 pm
View Likes
Zenaida wrote a review...



This is so simple, yet so gorgeous. Which is good. It's hard to stay in the middle.

I think the simplicity is my favorite part. There's nothing complicated about the poem at all, which is a nice change from poetry nowadays. It's short. It's sweet. It has a meaning. The meaning is something that you planned beforehand. The formatting doesn't distract from the general contents or theme. It showcases what you wanted it to showcase.

It's a good poem from the standpoint that it's only two sentences. I think it has potential to be expanded on. I can tell from context clues the meaning, but the actual poem is lacking anything concrete. There are emotions in every word, but those emotions depend on the reader to decide what they are. Same for meaning.

That can be good or bad. It depends on what you wanted.

Last little detail, I think the red underline was perfect. I can't tell if it was stylistic or not, but it's a nice touch. It brings everything to life.

This was good, like I said already. I'll definitely be looking at more of your poetry later because I see you write a lot, which is impressive. Poetry was never my strongest part of writing, but I think poets are so talented! It's a skill.

- Aida ^^




LadyBug says...


thank you!!!



User avatar
453 Reviews


Points: 825
Reviews: 453

Donate
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:57 pm
View Likes
Lib says...



was the red underline under grammatical errors purposeful?




LadyBug says...


no i am justlazy



Lib says...


I love it ur laziness is creative



LadyBug says...


;)



User avatar
963 Reviews


Points: 187
Reviews: 963

Donate
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:29 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



This poem tells of being with a friend all the way through, no matter what, because you care about them. I like how you say that your favorite book is one with “human mistakes”, because you wouldn’t trade your favorite book for a famous bestseller, just like you wouldn’t trade your bestie for anyone in the whole world. I just really how you wrote this poem and the message it brings.

I wish you a lovely day/night.




LadyBug says...


Thank you!




This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer