The Terrible Youth of Freznel: 22

by Eros

Chapter 22 : The murderer

" Sir--Sir... " Zanjeer sobbed and said, " It is M-Marldon Sir. " He could not control the tears flowing from his green eyes.

Mitsubishi came outside, hearing the sobs.

" What happened, Zanjeer? Sir, why did you slap him? " he asked.

" We didn't slap him, Mr. Mitsubishi. " said Zelinsky.

" Then why is he crying? " he questioned.

" He grew emotional on seeing this photo. " Zelinsky showed him the photo.

" Haaaaa! This is Marldon. " Mitsubishi was taken aback. He collapsed and Zelinsky held him in his strong, iron like, hefty arms, and exclaimed " Mr. Mitsubishi! "

" I am afraid, sir. Freznel ma'am is also not here. I hope she is not killed in the same way! " said Zanjeer taking a pause from the sobs.

" Don't worry. We will find her soon. Just give us your fingerprints. We need to match them with the ones found on the door handles. " said Hell.

The team went into the C.I.D. beauro.

" Okay, so we found Marldon's body in Freznel's house... " said Zelinsky.

" But who might kill him?  And how did he reach Freznel's house? " said Volhard.

" Argh! I am not understanding anything! " said Hell as he moved his hands from his hair, destroying its setting.

There was a silence for a long time.

Volhard called Dr. Ozonolysis and asked, " What are the results of the fingerprints which we took from the door handles of the house?... What? Okay then, thank you very much, sir. "

" What did he say, Volhard? " asked Zelinsky.

" He told that there are only 3 kinds of fingerprints on the door handle. One is of Feznel, one of the dead body, I mean Marldon, and the other one is of Zanjeer. "

" The murderer is quite clever. He was wearing some kind of gloves when he did that. " said Hell raising his unibrow.

" I think we must go into Freznel's house and re-check it. " said Volhard.

" You are right, Volhard. " said Hell.

They went in Freznel's house for re-checking.

They spreaded up and started to check each and every corner of the house. 

" Sir! " said Volhard.

" Yes, Volhard. " Hell came towards her.

" I got a mobile. It is Freznel's, because there is a miss call of Marldon here. " said Volhard.

" Okay... check the call list. " said Hell.

" So, this is the last number... " said Zelinsky.

They called it, but it was switched off. They traced the number through the G.P.S system and tracked it.

Zelinsky followed the location and he reached at the Chocolate n Nuts coffee house.

" Is this the phone number of your coffee house? " asked Zelinsky.

" Wh-who are you? Don't behave so arrogantly here. " said the manager.

Zelinsky showed him the badge.

" C- c-CID! " 

" What happened, sir? "

" Tell me, is this the number of your coffee house? "

" Y-yes, sir! "

" When does this coffee house close? " 

" SIr, there is a bar also in this coffee house. So, it is open ilt late night. "

" Who made a call from here at the midnight on date 23rd May 2016? "

" Sir, I-I-I don't know sir. Only the watchman is allowed access to the telephone booth. And, he did not came on work today. "

" Where does this watchman live? "

"  Plot number 12, Jurisdiction Road,  Political Science Colony. "

" Okay. " Zelinsky left.

He drove the car to Political Science Colony. He reached the Plot no. 12. The house was closed. He knocked the door. Nobody opened the door. He knocked again.

" Wh-ho-...hooo!! " came a long voice from inside.

" I guess he is drunken. " muttered Zelinsky.

" Your brother-in-law here. Won't you open the door? " said Zelinsky.

"My bro-rother in laa!!?? I am wopning the door, my laa, my rother, in!! " replied the watchman as he opened the door. 

Zelinsky held him up in the air by his collar and asked, " Did you make a phone call from Chocolate n Nuts Coffee House in the middle of the night on 23rd May 2016? "

He returned to his senses when he was held up in the air. " S-s-s-sir--- sorry sir... Please sir, leave me, sir... I did that for money sir!! "

Zelinsky threw him on the ground.

" Sir, Steward Sir gave me money and asked me to give him entry to the telephone booth. I was trapped in the greedy trap and I helped him to gain acceess to the telephone. "said the watcman. He shook his head rapidly to get back to his senses fully.

" You helped a murderer, you fool! " shouted Zelinsky.

" Wh-wh-w-w-what!! Murder!! "

" Yes. Who is Steward? Where is he now? " 

" Sir, Steward is the waiter of the coffee house. I don't know where is he? " said the watchman.

" Okay, so the murderer is Steward. But how to catch him? And we have to find out Freznel as soon as we can, otherwise she might loose her life too! "

Zelinsky left the watchman's house.

Holysocks wrote a review...

Hey again! Back for another review! C:

Ahah! It WAS Marldon who was murdered! I thought it was but I wasn't sure. Poor Freznel. :/

I feel like this is a running joke throughout the story: Hell and his uni-brow! XD

There isn't a very clear indicator of time in this story. I don't know if this is the same day as when they found him, if it's the same day where Freznel is. How long is it taking them to figure this out? It seems like it's going pretty darn fast. The other thing is location: we need to know where your characters are, and in the sentence above it wasn't very clear- I actually thought he was on the phone with Chocolate n Nuts until he showed them his badge. So try to be a little more clear what's happening, and maybe slow it down a bit. All it would take for this sentence to be clearer is something like: Zelinsky hopped into his car and followed to where the signal was coming from- the Chocolate n Nuts coffee house.

I find this kind of hilarious. Why is it that the first thing he does is say he's his brother-in-law? It seems rather random. In a sense I kind of get why he'd do that, because if he jumps in there all official like who knows how the guy will react. Still... it's a bit random!

" Okay, so the murderer is Steward. But how to catch him?..."

Erm, slow down. How can they jump to conclusions so fast? Just because this drunk guy says that's what happened, doesn't mean it's true... But they're already accusing him of it and I get the feeling they're pretty sure of themselves... even though they have no concrete evidence! This murder investigation is going REALLY fast. I get that they need to find Freznel so they're in a bit of a hurry... but that still doesn't make it okay to jump to conclusions.

Anyway, Keep it UP!!! :D

-Socks

Aley wrote a review...

Hey Eros,

I have a few things I'd like to start with, so let's get right into it. First off, I think your dialogue is really good. You've got a good sense of voice and seeing as that's what you're composing most of this chapter with, that's a really good thing.

However, a story is more than just dialogue. When you're writing dialogue you've got to make it sound real like you are, but you also have to make the setting and situations real as well. We don't just magically have things done, and while it might be tempting to skip about once we get to chapter 22 in a story, it's going to be better for the story's overall flow to keep in the scene and show us what's happening. Don't just describe things like eye color, give us a setting, give us details. As a murder mystery, we need to see the details the investigators are seeing in order to determine if we're smarter than the investigators and feel their frustration when we don't know what's going on. That's how The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes really made it so popular. With Watson's point of view we have the medical know how and skill to see things from that perspective, but Mr. Holmes himself is so far above him that while we have the details written out, we need Sherlock to put two and two together.

Here, we aren't getting the details of setting like we should be, so we don't even have a chance to get into the story before it's moving on. This is one of the key differences between Role Play and story writing. We need paragraphs of support and details in story writing where we're in tune with the characters and seeing what they're seeing as a reader so we can be with the character when they make discoveries through internal or external thoughts.

If you fix that up, you should be pretty good. Also, not quite how you use quotation marks. You don't put a space between what is said and the quotation marks, that means if I said "Ee-gads!" I would have the quotation marks snugged up around what I was saying. It's sort of like when we're listening to music, you start the track with the first noise, not the first dead air. You don't want dead air on a track, not usually anyways.

Also, if you're making words like "law" slurred, it's helpful for the reader to use a speech tag saying that it was slurred language rather than just "replied" and "came a voice" which doesn't give us details about the speech style.

So overall, your dialogue is good, just tuck in your quotations so there's no space after the last punctuation mark or before the first word. After that, try working on describing the setting in creative ways that match the perspective you want to use.

Until next time!

Dracula wrote a review...

Hey there, Eros! A very happy Review Day to you. :)

Nitpicks, nitpicks, nitpicks. I was debating whether or not to mention this but it annoyed me the whole time I was reading so I'm just going to get it out of the way now. Though probably just an error when pasting the work into Yewis, there are unnecessary spaces before and after every speech mark. " He grew emotional on seeing this photo. " Zelinsky showed him the photo. It just made it less enjoyable to read.

" But who might kill him? And how did he reach Freznel's house? " said Volhard.
In this sentence, you are suggesting that the dead guy hasn't yet been killed. The tenses just need to be changed to past tense throughout, so edit it to become this: But who might have killed him?

"My bro-rother in laa!!?? I am wopning the door, my laa, my rother, in!! " replied the watchman as he opened the door.
The thing I really like about this chapter is how believable your dialogue is. Your characters all come to life because of it. One character's speech that especially stood out to me was the watchman. You did a great job writing as a drunk person. :P

A suggestion I have to improve the chapter is to add in more physical descriptions. What is the weather like? What colours are the walls? Are there flowers within smelling distance? Little details like that can help to further immerse the reader. But overall, you've got a pretty well-written chapter.

Elijah wrote a review...

King Here

WHAT?! Marldon is dead? I can not take it anymore. The emotions are killing me.
Anyways, very good part. I love it even if it was so dramatic and tragic. I hope this is not the truth and he is alive. Or at least she is okay. I saw some problems with this part but they are only small nipicks that we can correct. I hope you release the following parts as soon as possible. I am really curious. Now, to the edits.

He is M-Marldon Sir.

I think it needs to be 'It was' or 'It is'.
He is already dead so we can not say he 'is' like he is alive.'It' if we talk about the dead body.
He could not control the river of water flowing from his green eyes.

'the tears flowing from his green eyes' sounds more suitable in my opinion.
Mitsubishi came outside on hearing the sobs.

He can not 'come outside on hearing the sobs'. He can 'come outside, hearing the sobs.'
destroying it's setting.

'its'
What are the results of the finger prints which we took from the door handles of the house?

'finger prints' needs to be connected together as 'fingerprints'.
It is of Freznel, because there is a miss call of Marldon here.

You can not say 'of Frenzel'.
It is 'Freznel's'.
Wh-who are you? Don't behave so arrgatly here.

'arrogantly'
So, it is open ilt late night.

'til' not 'ilt'.
Sir, I-I-I don't know sir.

Comma before 'sir'.
My bro-rother in laa!!??

'law'?
Sir, Steward sir gave me money and asked me to give him entry to the telephone booth.

You need to surround his name with commas.
And we have to find out Freznel s soon as we can, otherwise she might loose her life too!

'as soon as we can' it needs to be there?

Overall, good job!

Eros says...

That is 'laa' only, because he is drunken so he can't say 'law'.
Thank u so much! xD

Elijah says...

XD oh drunk people
Welcome.

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson