The Terrible Youth of Freznel: 15

by Eros

Chapter 15 : Freznel returns from unconsiousness.

Freznel opened her eyes. She had a double, blurry vision. The dingy cell was moving round and round in front of her eyes. She couldn't see anything stable. The throbbing of her head matched frequencies with her heartbeat. She was feeling sick. She widened her eyes to be able to see clearly, but she could not see anything clear. She was taking long, forceful breaths trying to satisfy the oxygen demand of her body. She tried to move her hands, but they were locked with silver-polished, iron shackles. The iron shackles were fixed on the ground with the help of nuts and bolts drilled inside the dusty floor. She was sitting in a corner, on the floor with her thorax region and the back tied to a pillar, and her legs stretched straight on the ground. She could not move even an inch. Only a single beam of sunlight entered the room. That was the only source of light there. She could hear the rotating fan above her head, the sound of water splashing at the rocks, and the sound of ships. The spider web on the walls of the room were gleaming as the stream of sunlight fell upon them. She could still not see anything clear. There was a gas sprayed in the room due to which her head throbbed, and her vision was doubled, rotatory, and blurred.

She was in a miserable condition. 

Two hefty men entered the room. She could only see the blurry, silhouted, double images of the two men. 

One of them said, " Hey, baby! Our boss is coming. Don't throw tantrum in front of him. He gets angry easily. So be silent and listen to what he says. Otherwise..."

" O-Otherwise wh-hat? " said Freznel bearing the pain in her head, breathing slowly but deeply.

" Otherwise he will kill you...." said the second man.

The first man gave an evil laughter.

They heard the tapping of creaking shoes. The boss slammed the door open with both the hands, and entered.

"s-s..! " she said drawing in her breath, crying in pain. " You? " asked Freznel surprisingly.

" Yes, it's me. " answered the boss.

Read the next part to know Who the boss is?

Brigadier wrote a review...

Hey there Eros. It's just Lizzy dropping by real quick, so without a further ado, let the reviewing begin. Quick note. Sorry in advance for any grammar or spelling mistakes within my review. Also I'll try and keep this brief and not take up too much time.

First off before I talk about anything else, the first paragraph needs split up. I knew this before even thoroughly reading it but I am sure of that conclusion now. Also, I'm bothered by the overuse of 'she'. It seems like half of your sentence describing he mc's actions start with 'she'. It gets quite annoying and makes the writing very choppy to read through.

I think the best solution here would to be to combine some sentences. I saw a lot of the 'she' sentences were very short and described action. You could easily combine two or more and not mess up the meaning.

Second, I did not have a chance to read any of your past chapters because of time restraints. So Frenzil was captured by 'the Boss' and is now being held prisoner. That's about all I know from the previous chapters. But I think that's enough for me to understand any future chapters. I saw a few more of them in the green room.

That last line about guessing the boss, needs to be separated a bit more from the rest of the story. Maybe put it in bold like I always see done for authors notes. This sort of comment seems to be similar to an author note.

The story itself seems to have an interesting concept. The title tells me these adventures are most likely from her teenage years. And I'm guessing she will be the hero against he boss and his men. Correct me if any of that was wrong. So the boss was someone she knew? I guess I will have to go and read the next chapter to find out.

I am unable to provide a action of grammar and spelling today. Luckily for me the previous reviewer pointed out a couple of spots for you but I didn't see which ones. Most of what I saw was typos that don't affect the way your chapter reads.

Well that's about all I have for this review. I had to keep it short but the chapter length helped with that. I actually prefer short chapters hat still manage to include enough detail to keep it interesting. Good luck with the rest of your chapters.
Happy Review Day!
Lizzy
The Queen of the Book Clubs

Elijah wrote a review...

King Here

Hello there! Here to review your amazing work, lovely writer. As always, I follow your story and I feel bad that I had not noticed the release of so many following parts, not only one.
Slowly I will go through them and see with what I can help you with. I like this part because of the description of the dirty empty room she is in and her feelings about the situation she is in. Surely, it is a shock for her to see where she is and what is going to happen with me afterwards.
Now, to the edits.

The throbbing of her head, matched frequencies with her heartbeat.

You do not need the comma before 'matched'. If you read this out loud, you will notice it. You do not change the tense or say anything different, so do not out comma there.

She widened her eyes to be able to see clearly. But she could not see anything clear.

This is something I understood recently.
It is not the best idea to start with: but,and..etc.
I think it is a good idea to connect these two sentences into one.

There was a gas sprayed in the room due to which her head throbbed, and her vision was doubled, rotatory, and blurred.

I understand the comma before 'and blurred'.
You need comma when you order adjectives and they are more than two but you do not need a comma before 'throbbed'.

Overall, good job and keep on writing!

Eros says...

I have fixed them. Thank you so much, King!!

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore