z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Be wary of those around you

by Dossereana


People, writers,

what a perfect place

for me to slip in

"and cause chaos."

Green lights flashing on and off,

darkness approaching and disappearing,

you’ll never see me coming,

the place already in disarray

where’s it gone?

The royal dog

who kept you calm.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
1227 Reviews


Points: 144400
Reviews: 1227

Donate
Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:19 am
View Likes
alliyah wrote a review...



Hey Doss! I thought I'd leave a review on this marvelous poem of yours - I'm always happy to see you posting poetry on the site. :)

So here's my interpretation... I believe that this poem is a secret message to members of YWS to try to communicate information that is relevant to protecting the site from mayhem. The speaker is communicating to the site about a sinister disturbance that I can only assume is classified, the speaker identifies chaotic acts that classified is taking on the site -> like attacking the green room (green lights flashing) and also turning the "royal dog" (@Big Brother) into a frog, and causing "general disarray". In the last line the speaker says the royal dog had kept the users calm, and I think that is a call to action that in order to prevent further mayhem users of the site must surround themselves around Big Brother (by reviewing and sharing the #longlivebigbrother hashtag) and also stay calm. Interestingly the last three lines are in italics and bold, meaning that I think there is some extra depth and mysterious meanings to these last three lines. Let's see what we can do to dissect each line by line...

People, writers,

what a perfect place
- because of the identification of 'people & writers" I learn two things 1) the subject is likely the writers of YWS and 2) perhaps the speaker isn't a "people/person" meaning they could be a robot as has long been a theory of the source of classified and links up to recent information about robots that @Nate has been alluding to.

for me to slip in

"and cause chaos."
- the subject is quiet... you might even say "classified" and maybe even "coded" or "secret". Interestingly the "and cause chaos" is in quotation marks and I can't really figure out why, except that it may be a quotation of another user. Honestly the quotation could very honestly be the Unclassified club who is often accusing classified of causing chaos.

Green lights flashing on and off,

darkness approaching and disappearing,
- I think the green here could allude to 1) The Green Room, 2) The Knights of the Green Room, 3) The Great Gatsby (which features a mysterious / ominous green light).

you’ll never see me coming, - the user comes in without pronouncement! This is actually quite mysterious because often classified actually uses count-downs to mark their mayhem entrances.

the place already in disarray - this again alludes to the mayhem being caused, perhaps code or words being jumbled and confused.

where’s it gone?

The royal dog

who kept you calm.
- this makes me fear that maybe classified isn't just planning to turn big Brother into a frog, but perhaps the plot is even more ominous ... like a kidnapping because the speaker says "where's it gone"! oh my! That's quite a reveal.

Overall I liked the use of different formatting tools like italics and bold to make the piece more mysterious and the little clues like colors and the "royal dog" - I'm not so sure about the quotation marks, but I'm guessing that worked in some how too.

Overall I just loved this piece and really enjoyed interpreting it, I think it's a great poem and very intriguing to read. :) Very timely as well given all the site happenings.

Thanks for sharing, keep on writing friend! <3

~ alliyah

#LongLiveBigBrother #TeamUnclassified




Dossereana says...


Thanks for the review, I really had fun writing this, also the quotation marks was a suggestion from the review bellow this one, not sure if I should keep it or not though.



User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 1150
Reviews: 122

Donate
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:19 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy wrote a review...



Howdy hey! I’m here to give a review.

I think what drew me to this one was the title, because it’s very ominous and it could’ve been bout anything, but I like how you made it about the recent events here on Young Writers Society.
This poem is clearly told in the perspective of the wizard that turned Big Brother into a frog. The “green lights flashing on and off” line is, the way I see it, about the green room and how the goal is to empty it out on review day.
I really like the silliness of the poem. I also really like your use of formatting in the last three paragraphs; I’m not sure if this makes sense, but it adds to the kooky wizard vibe.
My only suggestion is to not make the poem one long sentence. I think you should add a period after “and cause chaos.”

Hope this helps!

—GengarIsBestBoy




Dossereana says...


Thanks for the review, it very helpful and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D



User avatar
22 Reviews


Points: 442
Reviews: 22

Donate
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:43 pm
View Likes
yamatri says...



this is really mysterious man , I am really still guessing who the speaker is :




User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 43
Reviews: 8

Donate
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:51 am
View Likes
MissSaigon says...



I like the mysterious vibe and the 1st person perspective, it makes us readers wonder who is talking/telling us this. This wondering is perfect to intrigue readers and let their imagination run wild!
- I like it a lot!




User avatar
1227 Reviews


Points: 144400
Reviews: 1227

Donate
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:43 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...



This is most mysterious!




User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 6160
Reviews: 158

Donate
Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:25 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...



This poem has got #classified vibes. 👀




ccarson says...


agreed




“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken